User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-28-2004, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Your perfect match

I'm just wondering, for the sake of argument, because there is no PERFECT match out there really, what do you look for in terms of someone you are interested in?

Do you prefer green, brown or blue eyes?
Do you like blondes, redheads or brunettes?
Are you attracted to men/women shorter or taller than yourself?

OR....do you not have preferences and just go for whoever seems to catch your eye.

I'm in between the two. For the most part, in terms of celebrities, anyways, I like brown haired/blue eyed guys, but there's ALWAYS exceptions. LOL Brad Pitt is a blonde, so....

Then again, I'm VERY, EXTREMELY picky, so you really need to stand out and capture my attention. I am not easily pleased, and am usually going "You think HE is good looking?!" a lot.

While we're at it...gimme a list of who YOU think is good lookin'. Since that VH1 list was pure crap. LOL Top 5 will do or whatever you wanna do.

1. Lindsey Buckingham (DUR, the man oozes hotness, manliness and sexuality. It's not just the looks, it's the entire package, the stage presence, the fact he KNOWS he's good, but doesn't overtly throw it in your face. He's amazing. He's got ego mixed with humbleness....not as easy task.)

2. Justin Guarini (Dissention and other haters , you can keep your comments to yourself. LOL I love this guy. Since the SECOND I laid eyes on him on AI. He's got "IT" and he is so unique. He just announced he has a new manager and record company, also, he's looking around for TV pilots, so....YAY!!)

3. Brad Pitt (Even straight MEN wanna do him, he's THAT hot. LOL I know not EVERYONE likes him, but he's really Greek godlike, because of his jawline and body structure. He really is a great actor and has a humbleness about him too.)

They are really the only 3 men I'm crazy for. There are hot celebs like Matthew McConaghey, but those three listed are just the tops for me.
Old 01-28-2004, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, someone does have to catch your eye first in order for you to want to pursue them but I would have to say I like guys who are intelligent, cultured and who have a great sense of humor. I tend to be attracted to guys that are taller and dark haired but i'm not opposed to blondes. Lindsey is on the top of my list. Hey, maybe when Kristen gets too old for him...
Old 01-28-2004, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Yes, someone does have to catch your eye first in order for you to want to pursue them but I would have to say I like guys who are intelligent, cultured and who have a great sense of humor. I tend to be attracted to guys that are taller and dark haired but i'm not opposed to blondes. Lindsey is on the top of my list. Hey, maybe when Kristen gets too old for him...
I base a lot of it on intangibles. Stevie Nicks is not a picture-perfect body, but wow. Whitney Houston is beautiful but lacking any sex appeal. My tastes in the physical run the gamut to include Stevie, Salma Hayek, Gabriela Sabatini, and Ashley Judd. A unique look combined with intelligence, artistry, & talent is great, so I'll take Cate Blanchett over JLo any day. And I know you asked about what catches my eye, but I think that too many people overlook the importance of kindness in the overall equation. A strong moral center is as important as anything that could ever catch my eye.

- Jake
Old 01-28-2004, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Normally I go for tall and dark, and handsome according to my tastes. But intelligence, humor, and talent go a long way with me. And kindness and consideration are also important.

My all-time celeb crush is Kevin Costner, although he is not dark. And some would argue not intelligent or talented.

Last edited by GypsySorcerer; 01-28-2004 at 02:04 AM..
Old 01-28-2004, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I think that too many people overlook the importance of kindness in the overall equation. A strong moral center is as important as anything that could ever catch my eye.

- Jake
I would agree. You could be the most gorgeous man in the world but if you are lacking morals and have no brain in your head....then FORGET it
Old 01-28-2004, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like Tom Petty.

"Being in this band really f**** up relationships with chicks."
-Lindsey Buckingham

"Lindsey and I were as close to married as I'll probably ever be. I took care of him, I cooked for him, I ironed his jeans, I adored him."
-Stevie Nicks

"Quite frankly, I think I can presume on Stevie's behalf that she wasn't too sad seeing Lindsey go."
-Mick Fleetwood

"I play bass."
-John McVie.

I love this band.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Your perfect match

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
2. Justin Guarini (Dissention and other haters , you can keep your comments to yourself. LOL I love this guy. Since the SECOND I laid eyes on him on AI. He's got "IT" and he is so unique. He just announced he has a new manager and record company, also, he's looking around for TV pilots, so....YAY!!)

Didn't he learn his lesson with "From Justin To Kelly"?!?!?! NO TV!!!!!!

As for the question, the ONLY thing I care about is someones sense of humour. That's it.

Someone can be the most beautiful person, but if I can't sit back and tell a nasty, vile, rotten, filthy joke to them, they aren't the kind of person I want to even hang around with. I have to be with someone who can take it and give it back just as much!! So, a FANTASTIC sense of humour is a must; they must be able to spout vulgarity and make me laugh!!!

Old 01-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess someone can catch my eye and then get me interested..but in the case of my current boyfriend, he didn't catch my eye at all when I met him, I actually thought he was weird and obnoxious, then I got to know him!

He has a great sense of humor, is one of the nicest most genuine and caring people I've even known, he's open-minded and very understanding, he loves music and HATES FOOTBALL...that one is a big criteria for me lol...I do not want a man who only wants to sit around and watch football on Sundays and holidays...so no football fanatics..that is a huge turnoff...anyway I digress, My bf is really artistic and I love that...

So he's got a lot of the qualities that I look for... BUT my ideal celebrity guy...David Duchovny haha..I think he's the most gorgeous guy out there
Old 01-28-2004, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up I like David too...

David....not conventionally good looking, but he IS and he's VERY intelligent too. Great choice, Deanna!

I forgot to say, yeah, sense of humour is #1 with me, as I have a WEIRD, SICK sense of humour. LOL (I just spelled humour TWICE with a u...thanks Fleetwood Mac. LOL!!)

I think intelligence is a given, but maybe, not necessarily. LMAO!!

My ideal "mate" (stupid word, IMO. LOL) is someone who's into music (obviously, as it means more to me than anything else really) and who likes to travel. I mean, get in a car and go across the USA. ROAD TRIPS!! LOL

I need a comlimentary, so someone who is a great motivator would be great in my life. LOL I have ZERO motivation to do....anything.

I want a man who knows how to fix things, kill bugs and LOVES football. LOL I mean, I can take care of certain things thanks to a dad who taught me as a kid, and I will kill bugs, but I HATE roaches, they make me sick, and I adore watching football.

Maybe a Ledgie dating service is in order? Marty?

I'm kidding.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: I like David too...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
[B]I think intelligence is a given[B]
Tell that to the poor schlubs who went on dates with Anna-Anna-fabulous-Anna-Anna Nicole.

She's so outrageous, you know.

Old 01-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: I like David too...

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Tell that to the poor schlubs who went on dates with Anna-Anna-fabulous-Anna-Anna Nicole.

She's so outrageous, you know.

Jake's still bitter about not having been picked so SHHH!!! Don't talk about it...it's a bit of a sore spot for him.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hmm... My perfect match. Well I really don't know.
I like blue or green eyes. I also seem to like blondes but I don't really see myself with one. I don't know who I see myself with actually.
It really just depends on the person. I guess it's just their presence or energy for lack of a better term. They don't have to have a picture perfect face or body.
I guess they would have to understand that I am a free spirit. I don't like someone up my @$$ all of the time. I think it's because I am an only child that I feel this way. He would also have to understand my love of the Mac and my need to travel to see them.
Oh well I do hope that I find him soon like this year. I am not getting any younger.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would like a guy with a great sense of humor, is intelligent, very talented, and loves dogs.

Also, he has to be loyal, sweet, and thoughtful.

For looks:
I'm for green or blue eyes
Brown or black hair, or blonde
Straight or curly hair
Tall (I don't want to have to suffer the Tom & Nicole height problem... )

~~

As for celebrity crushes... I have a crush on Lindsey Buckingham, circa 1982 and only then.

I find this weird for some reason...

Actually, I think he looks the best, IMHO, on the Mirage cover. Just that look on his face... it's so sexy, and I love it!

(referring to the "Death Star" laser)
Dr. Evil- "...I thought we'd name it in his honor: The Alan Parsons Project."
Scott- "The Alan Parsons Project was a progressive rock band from 1982. Why don't you just name it Operation Wang Chung?"

Last edited by littlelies7; 01-29-2004 at 12:23 AM..
Old 01-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Hayden <333

My perfect man:

Hayden Christensen is magically delicious.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: I like David too...

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Jake's still bitter about not having been picked so SHHH!!! Don't talk about it...it's a bit of a sore spot for him.
Lost on me. Picked for what? I don't have cable so I've never seen her show, remember? Not to mention I'm bitter about so many things. (All those summers down past your turnpike, for one.)

- Jake