Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
OMG - even I cannot believe they would be this brazen

Pelosi rips GOP lawmaker on job offer
Dem charges 'abuse of power'
From Ted Barrett
CNN Washington Bureau
Wednesday, January 28, 2004 Posted: 3:28 PM EST (2028 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The House's top Democrat, Nancy Pelosi of California,
Off-topic, but she looked like a Stepford Wife when she gave that response to the State of the Union Address.

- Jake
Old 01-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
OMG - even I cannot believe they would be this brazen

Pelosi rips GOP lawmaker on job offer
Dem charges 'abuse of power'
From Ted Barrett
CNN Washington Bureau
Wednesday, January 28, 2004 Posted: 3:28 PM EST (2028 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The House's top Democrat, Nancy Pelosi of California, strongly criticized a Republican lawmaker Wednesday for his consideration of a lucrative job offer from the pharmaceutical industry -- an offer that came weeks after he helped to negotiate a sweeping Medicare bill that established a prescription drug benefit for America's seniors.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...osi/index.html
I can. I'm sure you heard that Rehnquist decreed that "fat Tony" Scalia wouldn't have to recuse himself from the upcoming case involving Cheney. It's a free for all right now, so the criminals figure "Why not?"
Old 01-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I can. I'm sure you heard that Rehnquist decreed that "fat Tony" Scalia wouldn't have to recuse himself from the upcoming case involving Cheney. It's a free for all right now, so the criminals figure "Why not?"
Scalia most assuredly should recuse himself because the standard is the appearance of impropriety, which a hunting trip with a party in a case a jusge is considering certainly satisfies.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-29-2004 at 09:25 PM..
Old 01-29-2004, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With a 52% current approval rating in Claifornia, W stands a chance of taking that state. IF W gets California and Florida, I think he will win.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,109774,00.html

Also, click here for a link to a Coultergeist TALKING action figure WITH 14 DIFFERENT PHRASES

http://www.newsmaxstore.com/nms/show...1565&af_id=623

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-29-2004 at 09:50 PM..
Old 01-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Here Comes Bubba

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ton/index.html

Clinton slams tax cuts, budget deficit
Thursday, January 29, 2004 Posted: 6:24 PM EST (2324 GMT)

Former President Bill Clinton visited Capitol Hill Thursday.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former President Bill Clinton on Thursday called President Bush's tax cuts a "recipe for disaster" that reversed his economic program, and defended Democratic presidential hopeful John Kerry's record.

Clinton met with Senate Democrats on Capitol Hill for about three hours to discuss the election campaign.

A source inside the meeting said he urged them to do a better job defining the issues, and suggested that they try to frame the debate around tax cuts or security. His comments to the press came as he was leaving the meeting.

Clinton has not endorsed any of the seven Democrats vying for the chance to unseat Bush in November.

But when asked if Kerry, a Massachusetts senator, is too liberal to be the party's standard-bearer, Clinton said Kerry had stood with him to cut back budget deficits at the start of his first year in office.

"I was trying to reverse 12 years of what we've had for the last four -- where we were taxing less and spending more," he said. "It's fun in the short run, but it's a recipe for disaster."

A recent International Monetary Fund report warned that the U.S. budget deficit -- now nearing $500 billion -- will pose "significant risks" for the U.S. and world economy if not curbed.

Clinton's 1993 economic package raised taxes on upper-income Americans and cut spending as a step toward reducing budget deficits, which his economic advisers said were keeping interest rates high.

It passed Congress without a single Republican vote, and Vice President Al Gore had to break a tie in the Senate.

Kerry voted for the package. "We were running this huge deficit, and he was there to help," Clinton said. "So I think he was good on security, good on fiscal responsibility, good on welfare reform."

Kerry has won the first two Democratic contests in Iowa and New Hampshire. But Clinton said the race is far from over, and the Democrats have "got a good field."

"You may know what's going to happen, but I don't," he told reporters. "I like all these people. I admire them. They made a contribution to whatever good I was able to do for the American people, and I'm not going to get involved in it."
Old 01-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
[B]With a 52% current approval rating in Claifornia, W stands a chance of taking that state. IF W gets California and Florida, I think he will win.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,109774,00.html
What the Fox article fails to mention is that the Governator took out personal loans to finance his campaign. FELONY.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:07 PM

As I said, the end of the empire is nigh.

Hey, we had a good run...
Old 01-30-2004, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
As I said, the end of the empire is nigh.

Hey, we had a good run...
If we are to be compared to Rome, we have about 1,500or so years left Of course, things do move faster now than they did then!!!

Old 01-30-2004, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What the Fox article fails to mention is that the Governator took out personal loans to finance his campaign. FELONY.
True, but what does that have to do with W's numbers in CA?

Old 01-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Here Comes Bubba

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ton/index.html

Clinton slams tax cuts, budget deficit
Thursday, January 29, 2004 Posted: 6:24 PM EST (2324 GMT)

Former President Bill Clinton visited Capitol Hill Thursday.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former President Bill Clinton on Thursday called President Bush's tax cuts a "recipe for disaster" that reversed his economic program, and defended Democratic presidential hopeful John Kerry's record.

Clinton met with Senate Democrats on Capitol Hill for about three hours to discuss the election campaign.

A source inside the meeting said he urged them to do a better job defining the issues, and suggested that they try to frame the debate around tax cuts or security. His comments to the press came as he was leaving the meeting.

Clinton has not endorsed any of the seven Democrats vying for the chance to unseat Bush in November.

But when asked if Kerry, a Massachusetts senator, is too liberal to be the party's standard-bearer, Clinton said Kerry had stood with him to cut back budget deficits at the start of his first year in office.

"I was trying to reverse 12 years of what we've had for the last four -- where we were taxing less and spending more," he said. "It's fun in the short run, but it's a recipe for disaster."

A recent International Monetary Fund report warned that the U.S. budget deficit -- now nearing $500 billion -- will pose "significant risks" for the U.S. and world economy if not curbed.

Clinton's 1993 economic package raised taxes on upper-income Americans and cut spending as a step toward reducing budget deficits, which his economic advisers said were keeping interest rates high.

It passed Congress without a single Republican vote, and Vice President Al Gore had to break a tie in the Senate.

Kerry voted for the package. "We were running this huge deficit, and he was there to help," Clinton said. "So I think he was good on security, good on fiscal responsibility, good on welfare reform."

Kerry has won the first two Democratic contests in Iowa and New Hampshire. But Clinton said the race is far from over, and the Democrats have "got a good field."

"You may know what's going to happen, but I don't," he told reporters. "I like all these people. I admire them. They made a contribution to whatever good I was able to do for the American people, and I'm not going to get involved in it."

This is choice and rank Clinton at his best in the spin zone. When Clinton left office, the economy was going into a recession and almost simultaneously we found out two of America's largest companies (MCI and Enron) and many other companies were worthless due to fraud during C's adminsitration, which caused the tailspin in the economy to accelerate. So, C should also take credit for that if he takes credit for the economy during his administration. Yet, whenever that point is brought up, C then spins it and says, I had to work with a R controlled Congress so that was not my doing. Then 9-11 added to that certainly did not help matters.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-30-2004 at 04:37 PM..
Old 02-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
True, but what does that have to do with W's numbers in CA?

The article states that the bounce W is receiving in CA is in part due to der Gropenfuhrer. My point is that the sh*t is just begining to hit the fan with the repercussions of this recall and by November could and should be a very different story.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Here Comes Bubba

Quote:
This is choice and rank Clinton at his best in the spin zone.
The secret weapon. It's only going to get better. Clinton could sell ice to the Eskimos.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Here Comes Bubba

Quote:
The secret weapon. It's only going to get better. Clinton could sell ice to the Eskimos.
and screw their daughters and still get their vote (Sorry - couldn't resist )