Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Any RollerCoaster Enthusiasts?!

Just wanted to know if there was anyone else who LOVES rollercoasters? What are your fav. parks?

Frankly, I LOVE the Universal Islands of Adventure Coasters (Dueling Dragons is the first dueling steel coasters and Hulk is just amazing with the launch-hill)

~Alex

P.S. I went to Cedar Point when I was 12 and LOVED it...

Old 01-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Not really...

I'm not a huge fan of them. But hey, if someone gave me a chance to ride one, I probably would take it.

Then again, I come from a long line of people who don't care for riding roller-coasters.

(referring to the "Death Star" laser)
Dr. Evil- "...I thought we'd name it in his honor: The Alan Parsons Project."
Scott- "The Alan Parsons Project was a progressive rock band from 1982. Why don't you just name it Operation Wang Chung?"
Old 01-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool Nerd here.

I've never ridden one, and don't care to. LOL I have motion "issues". Getting on that plane last November/December was quite an event for me, as it was, but I made it!!
Old 01-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

I? am a confessed roller coaster junkie. I made the pilgrimage out to Cedar Point a few years back and did nothing but ride coasters. I still need to hit Islands of Adventure and Magic Mountain though.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, the only rollercoaster I've really been on is Space Mountain lol...and I did ride one once in Vegas at Circus Circus, that was my first upside down rollercoaster....

I loved riding those, but haven't been to any theme parks with "real" coasters...I still want to experience some huge scary coasters
Old 01-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

I love love love roller coasters Cedar Point is awesome! I've been on every roller coaster there. The new "Top Thrill Dragster" was the best Its a 'must ride'!

Jen~*

"In The Chain, Fleetwood Mac sings of love lost and love rescued. They sing of darkness and sunrises. They sing of a bond that can never be broken. A fitting prophecy for five very different people who will forever be linked together by their lives, their dreams and their music"
Old 01-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The first time I went on an upside-down roller coaster was on our band/choir trip to Toronto at Paramount Canada's Wonderland. I was tricked into it....I was like, guys, this doesn't go upside down, does it? Oh..no no no...it doesn't. Yea, well it did. The last time I went to Six Flags Great Adventure, I was coerced into going on Medusa. It has 7 loops. I? Was not a happy camper.

I like roller coasters as long as they don't go upside down but i've gotten used to being dragged on them.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No! I'm petrified of them!

The scariest ride I was ever on, though, was the Twister thing at Universal Studios. Cripes, I should send them a bill for my new hearing aid.

Old 01-29-2004, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love rollercoasters. The one at the New York New York Hotel in Vegas is fun. The only ones I don't really like are the wooden ones like the Grizzly at Great America. The wooden tracks are very bumpy and jarring and hurt my back.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
No! I'm petrified of them!

The scariest ride I was ever on, though, was the Twister thing at Universal Studios. Cripes, I should send them a bill for my new hearing aid.
LOL...we? Are weenies. My senior trip you had the choice to either go to Islands of Adventure of Universal Studios. I went to Universal...lol

Twister? Well, you don't actually ride anything...you walk through...lol. Earthquake? Did I cry the first time we went there and went on that? My mom was like, "you can get in first" so I was sitting on the far left of the car and all of the sudden all of this water starts flowing down on you and fire is shooting out everywhere and your skin starts to heat up...lol GREAT RIDE
Old 01-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate heights, but force myself to go on roller coasters anyway because I know my fear is completely irrational!

I scream my head off for sure. However, I haven't went on any coasters that take you upside down.

Space Mountain in Disney World was fine for me because I couldn't see where I was going!

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 01-30-2004, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I had never ridden a rollercoaster in my life nor planned to, until the day I was at the FujiQ Highlands theme park outside of Tokyo, the world's tallest/fastest non-self-powered rollercoaster (don't know the proper term). It was a baptism of fire! But the point was that all the girls were going on with me, so I couldn't chicken out if they were up for it!

The ride to the top was inconceivably scary - but the view at the top before the drop.... you could see forests stretching out for what seemed like hundreds of miles - They say that the view from the top of the Fujiyama Rollercoaster is the second best in Japan, next to the view from Mt Fuji itself.

But then it started dropping. OMG. We all thought we were going to die. LOL. And then what do you know, after that first horrible drop, I really got into it! I'm a big fan now!!!

But I tend to have problems with low overhanging metal bits and pieces cause of my height - thats th emain scary part for me. But yeah, I've come to realise I'm a bit of a speed junkie. I love the take-off in the plane. And sometimes I'll be sitting in the plane and try to imagine what speed I'm actually moving at - that's one way to pass the boredom.... although maybe the one or two chardonnays helped!

PS: I don't really scream or anything, but I tend to sort of make dumb remarks to who I'm sitting with, like I'm having a conversation. I think that's my brain's way of dealing with the nerves!

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 01-30-2004 at 12:38 AM..
Old 01-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
I had never ridden a rollercoaster in my life nor planned to, until the day I was at the FujiQ Highlands theme park outside of Tokyo, the world's tallest/fastest non-self-powered rollercoaster (don't know the proper term). It was a baptism of fire! But the point was that all the girls were going on with me, so I couldn't chicken out if they were up for it!

The ride to the top was inconceivably scary - but the view at the top before the drop.... you could see forests stretching out for what seemed like hundreds of miles - They say that the view from the top of the Fujiyama Rollercoaster is the second best in Japan, next to the view from Mt Fuji itself.

But then it started dropping. OMG. We all thought we were going to die. LOL. And then what do you know, after that first horrible drop, I really got into it! I'm a big fan now!!!

But I tend to have problems with low overhanging metal bits and pieces cause of my height - thats th emain scary part for me. But yeah, I've come to realise I'm a bit of a speed junkie. I love the take-off in the plane. And sometimes I'll be sitting in the plane and try to imagine what speed I'm actually moving at - that's one way to pass the boredom.... although maybe the one or two chardonnays helped!

PS: I don't really scream or anything, but I tend to sort of make dumb remarks to who I'm sitting with, like I'm having a conversation. I think that's my brain's way of dealing with the nerves!
I won't go upside-down.

- Jake
Old 01-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I won't go upside-down.

- Jake
I love going upside down. I think a really big drop on a roller coaster is scarier.