User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-30-2019, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Hardly anyone is on this site anymore and that’s because of her behavior.
Please, be more respectful. She was a “cleaning lady” while Lindsey was at home smoking pot. I swear sometimes I think she got him fired just because of that incident 45 years ago. I mean, she told it so many times with the same venom in her eyes and her voice that you start to wonder if that was the real reason behind her masterful plan.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’ve listened to FM less this year, than I regularly would’ve in 1 month. That makes me sad. I haven’t pulled out FM vinyl since the firing. I love the music, but get no joy out of hearing it now. Only sadness.

The acceptance ( especially in light to LBs Illness) that it really is over this time, is tough to swallow.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't given up on Lindsey coming back 100% with his searing guitar, drownding out that nasal voice of Stevie Nicks.
Old 04-01-2019, 06:40 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Honestly, this is how I felt as well. It became such a turn-off to me. Further, shippers would block out any talk of Christine and even began to hate her. Later on came the nasty things that they would say about her.

When she re-joined: The "Christine destroyed the band by returning!" surfaced.
That was the last straw for me, too. I cannot see why some female fans feel the need to put Christine down to make their devotion to Stevie clear. And I have no doubt that Stevie would not appreciate that kind of behaviour.
The worst for me? Fanfiction writers writing NC17 fanfiction of Lindsey/Stevie - there is a line and they crossed it. I understand fandom, but that is just plain respectless and super creepy imho.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJanet View Post
That was the last straw for me, too. I cannot see why some female fans feel the need to put Christine down to make their devotion to Stevie clear. And I have no doubt that Stevie would not appreciate that kind of behaviour.
The worst for me? Fanfiction writers writing NC17 fanfiction of Lindsey/Stevie - there is a line and they crossed it. I understand fandom, but that is just plain respectless and super creepy imho.
Creepy was the word that used to pop into my head when reading their theories and stories.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Creepy was the word that used to pop into my head when reading their theories and stories.
Mmh hmm, like a lot of the stuff here about Stevie, especially since she fired Tiny.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Mmh hmm, like a lot of the stuff here about Stevie, especially since she fired Tiny.
Tiny? Don't get that reference.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Please, be more respectful. She was a “cleaning lady” while Lindsey was at home smoking pot. I swear sometimes I think she got him fired just because of that incident 45 years ago. I mean, she told it so many times with the same venom in her eyes and her voice that you start to wonder if that was the real reason behind her masterful plan.
And the person she supposedly cleaned for, Keith Olsen, has talked about just how bad she was at it and how not into it she was, not really putting a lot of effort because, you know, princess was meant for better things. Like how she happily states that when starting out in her first band she refused to do those things people do like helping move amps or carrying a guitar case. She's a spoiled brat and always has been. She's lucky she came along when she did, because honestly, she would not make it starting out in today's music biz.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJanet View Post
Some of the revisionist stories going around now or that have gone around in the past are quite something. The way they make SN out to be some battered woman who was terrorized for years by big bad Lindsey is laughable. A handful of incidents in 40 plus years is not worth going on about considering all the crap they all did to one another over the years.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
And the person she supposedly cleaned for, Keith Olsen, has talked about just how bad she was at it and how not into it she was, not really putting a lot of effort because, you know, princess was meant for better things. Like how she happily states that when starting out in her first band she refused to do those things people do like helping move amps or carrying a guitar case. She's a spoiled brat and always has been. She's lucky she came along when she did, because honestly, she would not make it starting out in today's music biz.
And even though we all know how bad she was at doing the cleaning thing (even her fans) she's STILL using that story to bash Lindsey, because that's pretty much all she has. It's a very diplomatic way of recognizing his effort and bashing him at the same time.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 04-01-2019, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And even though we all know how bad she was at doing the cleaning thing (even her fans) she's STILL using that story to bash Lindsey, because that's pretty much all she has. It's a very diplomatic way of recognizing his effort and bashing him at the same time.
Well, she’s kind of funny. When she says that Lindsey only lasted one day as a telemarketer, I have imagined many of his short-lived sales calls in my head and had hearty laughs.

But the truth is, Lindsey had separate sources of income be they occasional music gigs or money from family. He wasn’t dependent on her income even then. In fact she went away for months. She went back up north and he (and Richard) managed to make ends meet fine without her. She says when she returned she had to eat humble pie to move back in with him. I am sure he was smoking pot, hash, bouncing checks and being an overall degenerate but the idea that he needed her waitress tips to eat just isn’t true.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, she’s kind of funny. When she says that Lindsey only lasted one day as a telemarketer, I have imagined many of his short-lived sales calls in my head and had hearty laughs.

But the truth is, Lindsey had separate sources of income be they occasional music gigs or money from family. He wasn’t dependent on her income even then. In fact she went away for months. She went back up north and he (and Richard) managed to make ends meet fine without her. She says when she returned she had to eat humble pie to move back in with him. I am sure he was smoking pot, hash, bouncing checks and being an overall degenerate but the idea that he needed her waitress tips to eat just isn’t true.
One can't help but wonder how many similar stories like the telemarketer one he has about her but he choose not to share just because it would put her under a negative light.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly, this is how I felt as well. It became such a turn-off to me. Further, shippers would block out any talk of Christine and even began to hate her. Later on came the nasty things that they would say about her.

When she re-joined: The "Christine destroyed the band by returning!" surfaced.
Please...

How could you possibly not see the chemistry between them???

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-02-2019, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Please...

How could you possibly not see the chemistry between them???
You're trying to prove a point with that photo, but I don't get it. They are not looking at each other in the particular moment that photo was snapped, but the band broke up after a horrendous fight a year before and there they are at a wedding with their arms around each other. That doesn't exactly say no chemistry to me. Instead it says, "I wish I knew how to quit you."

I wish the band would be 1% as loving towards Lindsey now as they were after the Tango split.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You're trying to prove a point with that photo, but I don't get it. They are not looking at each other in the particular moment that photo was snapped, but the band broke up after a horrendous fight a year before and there they are at a wedding with their arms around each other. That doesn't exactly say no chemistry to me. Instead it says, "I wish I knew how to quit you."
Oh FFS, it was just a joke, although this is probably more accurate than not.

Quote:
I wish the band would be 1% as loving towards Lindsey now as they were after the Tango split.
Hell, even John was still complaining about Lindsey’s modus operandi in 94-95.

And as loving how? Returning his calls?

THE Stephen Hopkins