The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Anyone else like to see a Fleetwood Mac movie?

I apologize if this has been discussed before, I'm new here. Do I need to earn my place? Lol

I'm surprised this hasn't already happened. A movie about Fleetwood Mac. It could be good if it's rated R and they have someone awesome making the movie, like Oliver Stone or Martin Scorsese or Baz Lurhman.

I would want to see a great ensemble cast. The actors should all be late 20s - early 30s. I'm a Rumours era purist, 1975-1987. Their old stuff is great too, but Fleetwood Mac is Lindsey, Christine, Stevie, John, and Mick. So I would like the majority of the movie be about that, like have the movie start with John, Mick, and Christine moving to LA. I also want to see a realistic portrayal of all the cocaine and alcohol. Good ole sex, drugs, and rock n roll.

I'm still pondering a cast. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 03-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Registered

Welcome!

I think Reese Witherspoon would play Stevie
Old 03-13-2014, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Jared Leto as Lindsey
Old 03-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ari Graynor as Christine
Amber Heard as Stevie

But for Christine, John, and Mick, we have to take British accents into account.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 03-13-2014 at 01:35 PM..
Old 03-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Gawd! A Mac movie, It probably would just piss me off. Their history is amazing, and should be a movie, But....I love them so much and the real story would probably never translate onscreen close to the real thang. I'm just too attached to them, know too much about them to adjust to the "Artistic dramatic recreations and hollywood movie BS".
......but ofcoarse I'd watch it so we all could bit@h about it here on the ledge...
Old 03-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
......but ofcoarse I'd watch it so we all could bit@h about it here on the ledge...
Exactly. I had a friend who loved Gilbert and Sullivan and he told me that that was that fan group's goal in life, to see the productions and find the flaws.

Michele
Old 12-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

6 Biopics That Hollywood Should Make Next

Nick Cannata-Bowman December 13, 2014

Wallstcheatsheet

Read more: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/entertai...#ixzz3Lucab5Wu

5. Fleetwood Mac

Who Should Star: Mae Whitman as Stevie NicksrWhat do you think?

Imagine all the conflict in Johnny Cash’s life, and multiply it by the five members of the original Fleetwood Mac. It’s a story wrought with the drugs, sex, and rock and roll of any musician biopic, but Fleetwood is really the conflicting band to end them all. During production for Rumours, the album that made them the rock legends they are today, no one was even speaking to each other thanks to a host of “who slept with who doing what drugs”-related problems. In that discord, they created ballads we’re still singing along to today.rWhat do you think?

You may recognize Whitman as Ann Veal from Arrested Development and most recently as Amber Holt on NBC’s Parenthood. In doing so you also may realize she’s a dead ringer for Fleetwood’s lead singer Stevie Nicks — here’s hoping she knows how to sing.

Read more: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/entertai...#ixzz3LucVdGSk
Old 12-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Surprised it hasn't happened as it would give them yet another reason to do another "Rumours" reissue...The "Rumours" Soundtrack.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No No No and an extra No. I do not want to see a biopic with look alike actors.....I have my fantastic memories of this most fabulous band in my head (and photos etc). Why would you want to watch a film about them when they are still with us larger than life.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Surprised it hasn't happened as it would give them yet another reason to do another "Rumours" reissue...The "Rumours" Soundtrack.
So true.

Anyway, I think James Marsden or even Bradley Cooper could play Lindsey. Alison Lohman for Stevie. Cate Blanchett would've been a perfect choice for Christine, but she might be a bit old now. Geoffrey Rush would make a great modern-day Mick.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jared Leto HAS to be Lindsey. Gorgeous, musically talented, dark-haired with stunning blue eyes. What more could you ask for? Bradley Cooper is NOT cute, and he's a "swole bro." No. Just, no.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have strong feelings on this. I think in film history there's never been a great film on the music business. This shouldn't be a biopic, this should be about the band. How they came together, how they drifted apart....there's a great article about how it was making Tusk, the time when everyone had their own entourages and it would be hard to talk to each other. This shouldn't be a Rumours only thing...but should take us through a few decades. Ending with either The Dance or Lindsey coming onstage to play Landslide with Stevie and Christine. Songs should be featured, probably having the actors lip-synch. But there should also be new arrangements, particularly instrumental or piano so it's not just song after song after song. It would also be a good chance to highlight lesser known songs: I'm think Why and Storms for sure. There's potential, but it needs to be in the right hands with a good director who's given freedom by the band to tell a genuine and compelling story...not whitewashing (I want to see the Tango fight, getting physical), not making **** up (the material is inherently dramatic).
Old 12-15-2014, 05:35 AM

I think Vera Farmiga that is going to be playing Christine for the Dennis Wilson Biopic is a good choice.
For young Stevie I would like to see Shailene Woodley.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hell no!

The thought of seeing actors recreating Fleetwood Mac's Rumours era is an interesting and entertaining, yet cringe-worthy notion. I can't imagine that any of the band members would be pleased seeing themselves being portrayed and characterized by actors, as particular incidents from their past are dramatized. Nor do I see any of them wanting any involvement with such a tabloid-like undertaking. It could be their Spinal Tap, with their personalities perceived as parody.

Since the narrative would likely focus on the most dramatic moments in their history, it would just be another form/expansion of the ceaseless pandering Stevie has sustained for thirty-something years. It sounds like a cheesy/soppy project someone might attempt 20 years from now, when all members of the band dead or too old to care.

As a matter of reverence, and integrity, wouldn't be more preferable to have a serious, comprehensive documentary featuring the scope of the band's entire history, with real footage, and real people (band members, producers, associates, friends and family etc...)? I would like a big scholarly book about them (and their individual back stories), penned by a talented and informed scribe.

(Sue understands. Hi Sue!).

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-15-2014 at 08:51 AM..
Old 12-15-2014, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I think Vera Farmiga that is going to be playing Christine for the Dennis Wilson Biopic is a good choice.
That whole movie was scrapped.
I think Alison Lohman is the best choice to portray Stevie circa 1977 because of the physical resemblance plus she's a good actress, but unfortunately she quit acting.
Reese Witherspoon is just a terrible choice, I wish that Stevie never brought it up.
Suki Waterhouse also resembles young Stevie but I have no idea if she's a decent actress.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/