The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > The Penguin > Q&A Discussions

Old 02-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default So, it's been a while

Anyone know if John Mcvie will resume answering questions again?
The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell the country for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. "
Old 02-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustdragon
Anyone know if John Mcvie will resume answering questions again?
He said around xmas that after he got settled in the house etc he might like to get back into it-- "if anyone's interested." He's a pip. I don't want to pester him-- however, next time I write, i will let him know someone has inquired about him. Although I did already tell him that here at the Penguin, people are always interested!

-Lis
Old 02-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Certainly lis, every once in a while i check if he's been adding answers. So there is at least one more interested!

Old 02-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
Certainly lis, every once in a while i check if he's been adding answers. So there is at least one more interested!
If he ever did answer any more, I would post it here so folks would be aware.

-Lis
Old 06-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

I hope I didn't offend him with that Walker question. Maybe I should have phrased it much more politely. I thought it was a funny question. I guess it was too blunt even for the most down to earth member of Fleetwood Mac.
The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell the country for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. "
Old 06-20-2005, 07:43 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustdragon
I hope I didn't offend him with that Walker question. Maybe I should have phrased it much more politely. I thought it was a funny question. I guess it was too blunt even for the most down to earth member of Fleetwood Mac.

I don't think he was offended at all. There's actually a bit of a story that goes along w/ your 'walker' question--

You may be amused to know that after the first bunch or so, he requested some questions that were "not so flattering". Typical; he couldn't handle all the compliments. I reminded him this was a fan site and that people did actually like him LOL. oh he's so cute I could eat him up. But anyway--your question immediately came to mind (as it was quite blunt and not so gushing LOL) and I sent it off sort of as a joke, like "How 'bout this?" His response back was almost immediate; I think he got a kick out of it.

-Lis
Old 06-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

That is SO reassuring. So unpretentious. A reminder of why both the McVies are my favorite band members. And I hope he does come back by this Christmas.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i'm interested!!!!!!!!! i'd also, personally like to see more of the questions about him and chris get answered! but thats because im a sad and hopeless fm romantic!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySongbird
i'm interested!!!!!!!!! i'd also, personally like to see more of the questions about him and chris get answered! but thats because im a sad and hopeless fm romantic!
You and me both, kid. IMO he did a good job w/ the questions he did get about her. Of course there are some more here that I'd love to see answered, but I couldn't send them all at once.

I don't know if he'll do any more questions.... I can't keep bringing it up; he knows they're here. I think enjoying a great new house in Hawaii, keeping tabs on a busy 16 year old, and hanging out fishing on his boat are the things he is focusing on these days. I hope he's happy.

-Lis
Old 07-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
I hope he's happy.

-Lis
yea, hes so lovely!!!!!!!