User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
wait, what? what's this about the he was supposed to join them in Maui for one last chance??
remember that vid from Maui rehearsals with Mike C and Neil Finn they showed in the CBS interview?

that was end of march. supposedly they told LB he can show up too, if he wanted one last chance. or maybe they didn't invite him but he was considering going since he knew about it. not completely sure which way it was. but the other 2 guys were already in the band at that point.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2018, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
You still don’t name your source....
Where do you get your knowledge from, that’s all I’m asking.
You know “Stevie said Fire him etc etc “
Where is this coming from ?
And I’m asking this in the most generous way, I wanna know.
When did you see someone name a source on a public forum? Not gonna happen.

It’s ok if you don’t believe me. This is the first time you speak to me.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

exactly! asking people to name their sources is ridiculous. but it always happens here, and i'm always amazed. remember how much hate FM77 used to get? if people wanna believe the info you are giving them, great, if not, they are free not to.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-25-2018, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
exactly! asking people to name their sources is ridiculous. but it always happens here, and i'm always amazed. remember how much hate FM77 used to get? if people wanna believe the info you are giving them, great, if not, they are free not to.
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask people where they get their information from. It's the internet. People can make up anything and attribute it to "sources close to the band" (not saying you are of course).

Even if they're not lying, one person's "source close to the band" might be someone who really is in the know... and another person's "source close to the band" is the friend of the girlfriend of the friend of Lindsey's cousin who posted something in a private Facebook group. I'd personally like to know the difference when I'm weighing all the things I'm being told - especially when the information is contradictory.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-26-2018 at 10:19 AM..
Old 04-25-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask people where they get their information from. It's the internet. People can make up anything and attribute it to "sources close to the band" (not saying you are of course).

Even if they're not lying, one person's "source close to the band" might be someone who really is in the know... and another person's "source close to the band" is the friend of the girlfriend of the friend of Lindsey's cousin who posted something on Facebook. I'd personally like to know the difference when I'm weighing all the things I'm being told.
Agree completely. No one here is a credible journalist protecting their sources. It is a game of telephone from “sources close to the band” who are obviously taking Lindsey’s side. Because it fits certain agendas, we are hearing about it. The same people would not be mentioning these sources if they had pro-Stevie, pro-Mick, or pro-Christine things to say about this matter. If these sources even exist.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Ok point taken.........I was having a bad day, on a walking holiday and torrential rain all day.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and Mike was hired on Feb 1st, but Lindsey was supposed to come to Maui for his last chance of un-firing on March 21 (or whatever the date late march was)? and they were pissed he didn't show up?? why would he? so they can spit in his face one last time?!?!?
First I’m hearing of this, but it could be that MC and NF were initially hired on a contingency basis, as a way to call a bluff. I could see a scenario, if this is true, where the band told Lindsey they have Mike and Neil lined up and ready to go, and if he chooses not to be at the rehearsal, he won’t be in the band anymore and they will become official members.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-26-2018, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Agree completely. No one here is a credible journalist protecting their sources. It is a game of telephone from “sources close to the band” who are obviously taking Lindsey’s side. Because it fits certain agendas, we are hearing about it. The same people would not be mentioning these sources if they had pro-Stevie, pro-Mick, or pro-Christine things to say about this matter. If these sources even exist.
Well said.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Oh what a crock of crap....
Old 04-26-2018, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
remember that vid from Maui rehearsals with Mike C and Neil Finn they showed in the CBS interview?

that was end of march. supposedly they told LB he can show up too, if he wanted one last chance. or maybe they didn't invite him but he was considering going since he knew about it. not completely sure which way it was. but the other 2 guys were already in the band at that point.
and somebody actually thought that Lindsey would suddenly say, Oh, ok, I'll be in the band with both these new guys?

That's probably how Mick justifies it as not a 'firing'. Well, we gave him a choice, knowing it was not a choice at all. wtf is wrong with these people.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
and somebody actually thought that Lindsey would suddenly say, Oh, ok, I'll be in the band with both these new guys?

That's probably how Mick justifies it as not a 'firing'. Well, we gave him a choice, knowing it was not a choice at all. wtf is wrong with these people.

I don't know what the laws are in the US but in the UK that might class as constructive dismissal in a regular workplace (which isn't permitted).

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-26-2018, 01:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I don't know what the laws are in the US but in the UK that might class as constructive dismissal in a regular workplace (which isn't permitted).
Ditto in the Philippines too. Here he would be entitled to one month's salary for every year of service. That would greatly reduce the proceeds of the cash grab tour
Old 04-26-2018, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I read Mike Campbell was called up 6 days after the Musicares event. I have no doubt things had been building to a head prior to that but come on....6 days!
Surely the history and legacy of the band dictates they should have made more of an effort than bringing in a new guy just 6 days after a bust up.
Let the dust properly settle FFS.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-26-2018, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I read Mike Campbell was called up 6 days after the Musicares event. I have no doubt things had been building to a head prior to that but come on....6 days!
Surely the history and legacy of the band dictates they should have made more of an effort than bringing in a new guy just 6 days after a bust up.
Right. something is missing from the story. Musicares was on Friday. Lindsey is video'ed telling fans he wants to try and do solo shows between Mac shows Saturday. (Chris flies home to London also on Saturday, so she was not physically present for whatever came next). 4 days go by, and then on Thursday Mike is called.

Interestingly, I haven't heard anything about when Neil was called. Maybe someone else has heard something....
Old 04-26-2018, 02:20 PM
Registered

Quote:
That would presume Mick and Stevie possessed a sense of decency and propriety they manifestly don't have. That nauseating performance on CBS says it all.