Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Landslide is the Video from the DVD

Landslide is going to be released to Vh1 as a video. The Landslide from the upcoming DVD. I personally think this is the dumbest possible decision they could POSSIBLY make. Landslide was avideo for The Dance too, and this is basically the exact same version. I would even take having Dreams released as a video over Landslide. At least the whole band is on that one.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Landslide is going to be released to Vh1 as a video. The Landslide from the upcoming DVD. I personally think this is the dumbest possible decision they could POSSIBLY make. Landslide was avideo for The Dance too, and this is basically the exact same version. I would even take having Dreams released as a video over Landslide. At least the whole band is on that one.
Leave it to FM to play it safe I mean Say Goodbye would have the same nostalgic sense and is at least a new song. I mean they released it in The Dance video as well. I also think SHN is a better choice. But, they never asked me!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

"Landslide" is getting to be the latter-day Fleetwood Mac's "Albatross."
How many times was that sucker re-released?

I can understand why they'd want to go with a classic track, but gosh, why choose "Landslide" again? Brilliant song that it is, VH1 already had 'The Dance' version in heavy rotation just a few years ago, and the Dixie Chicks' rendition just over a year ago.

Personally, I think they should have gone with something upbeat, like "Second Hand News."
"Dreams" would have been a good choice too.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't think Dreams would be a good choice. In my post above I said it would've been much better then Landslide but that's it. Gold Dust woman's a little on the long side, but that would've really been a great choice considering it's being left off the CD. I'd say Silver Springs but that was also alredy a video live a few years ago. I'd also say Tusk would be a great choice. next to So Afraid and Come It shows The band's craziness really the best this tour. And it's not nearly as long as those 2. And really watching the song live on TV would almost be like a real music vdeo. Hell Lindsy stops playing his guitar and engage in a boxing match with Stevie. If that's not music video material I don't know what is.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I really don't think Dreams would be a good choice. In my post above I said it would've been much better then Landslide but that's it.
"Dreams" might not be the best choice... but I was thinking in terms of recognition factor. Which I'm sure is one of the biggest factors for choosing "Landslide." It's a great song, and they already know that people love it... so they're hoping that will equal sales for the product.

But definitely something like "Second Hand News," "Tusk," or, heck, even "Stand Back," would have been better choices, given the energy of the songs.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They sure know how to play it safe. Jeeze...out of all the songs, you have to pick the one that is totally overplayed from The Dance now, seven years later, on the radio and that was also made famous again by the Dixie Chicks. I love the song soo much but I'm all Landslided out.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Landslide is the Video from the DVD

I would have thought Stand Back was the vid choice seeing that vh1 had it up on their site to view...
Old 05-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
I would have thought Stand Back was the vid choice seeing that vh1 had it up on their site to view...
I'd go with Stand Back, SHN, or even Go Your Own Way as smart and safe choices. Less safe but great would be Beautiful Child or Eyes Of The World.

- Jake
Old 05-26-2004, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Landslide but I'm tired of it. I would think everyone else would be also especially since the Dixie Chicks were everywhere with it a couple of years ago. They already released Landslide as a single from the dance so I don't know why they couldn't have done something like Beautiful Child. That was amazing kind of like Silver Springs was during the Dance. Oh well.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I agree with Jake on EOTW.

For the likes of MTV, go with the rousing songs that jump up and grab you with their energy, not put you to to sleep with their 'oldies' sentimentality.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Idiots. Put another nail in the "oldies act" coffin. Thank you Warner Brothers records !
Old 05-27-2004, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Idiots. Put another nail in the "oldies act" coffin. Thank you Warner Brothers records !

Wow, I honestly did NOT expect Landslide. I think BC would have been great.

Paula
Old 05-27-2004, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The dumb thing is, what's regarded as safe, isn't safe at all. Drizzle is something you don't mention, but does not keep you from getting wet.
It would have been a lot safer to go with SHN. It was never a single, but everybody recognizes it, and this version kicks ass.

But, of course, I would have been thrilled with EOTW, BC, SG or even better, WTWCT.

Old 05-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
The dumb thing is, what's regarded as safe, isn't safe at all. Drizzle is something you don't mention, but does not keep you from getting wet.
It would have been a lot safer to go with SHN. It was never a single, but everybody recognizes it, and this version kicks ass.

But, of course, I would have been thrilled with EOTW, BC, SG or even better, WTWCT.
I too am appalled that "Landslide" was chosen as the lead video. If they are going to revive an old song, why not "Stand Back?" Even though "Stand Back" was a major hit, um 21 years ago, I think FM really breathes new life into it on this tour. The 80s are back in a major way, and nobody would suspect that a bunch of white folks pushing 60 could still pump out such a high-energy dance tune.

However, I have to disagree about releasing ANYTHING by Lindsey as a single. I know I will be evicerated for this, but Lindsey's vocals have been insufferably "pitchy" this entire tour. But then again, I suspect they must have spent the past six months correcting his pitch in production, so maybe his stuff is listenable after all. By contrast, Stevie has been the bedrock of consistency this tour; I think Lindsey could benefit from the services of Stevie's voice coach!
Old 05-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC
I know I will be evicerated for this
I don't know what evicerated means, but I evicerate you.

The man puts so much emotion in these performances that I couldn't care less if there's some inperfectness in his voice. Hear him belt out Come. It's wonderful.