User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2017, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
My initial reaction is...wow, cool. So much of their combined music has been so good over the years, that there is no reason to believe that this won't be a really good release. A few questions though...
Quote:
1. Is it really going to be duets?
those media outlets that termed it "album of duets" misrepresented what they said. they mean BM duet similar to how once upon a time there was BN duet. BN was not an album of duets right?

Quote:
12. Do you think there will be a tour? If so, what size venues do you think they'll play?
hope so! immediately after album comes out in may would be great! i'm hoping for intimate venues like theaters and hopefully clubs like 9:30 and the fillmore. i'd hate arena tour.

Quote:
13. What will Stevie's reaction to all of this be?
who cares.

Quote:
4. Most importantly, will they reprise the Buckingham Nicks album cover with an updated but similarly posed shot of Lindsey and Christine?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-14-2017, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
And on Google, common searches include:

"Christine McVie Lindsey Buckingham affair"

"Were Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham ever married?"

The spinning has begun.
hahahahahahahaha

people are so crazy!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-14-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
those media outlets that termed it "album of duets" misrepresented what they said. they mean BM duet similar to how once upon a time there was BN duet. BN was not an album of duets right?

hope so! immediately after album comes out in may would be great! i'm hoping for intimate venues like theaters and hopefully clubs like 9:30 and the fillmore. i'd hate arena tour.

who cares.

Agreed.. I don't care what Stevie thinks.... this isn't about her. And I love that.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Thanks... but I can't take credit for it... found it on FB
OK, I appreciate the honesty, but you get credit for posting it where I could see it.

Kevin
Old 01-14-2017, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

who cares.

I care in the sense that I think it will be interesting. That doesn't mean I won't buy the CD or go to a live show if she says something negative.

Kevin

Last edited by pattyfan; 01-14-2017 at 02:23 PM..
Old 01-14-2017, 01:46 PM
Registered

Finally. Thank God. They got tired of waiting for "her" to show up for work and are releasing a Fleetwood Mac album. (If Mick and John are the rhythm section then it is a Fleetwood Mac album, whatever they officially call it. That duet album talk is just a way to lessen the number of awkward questions about just why "she" isn't participating.) At worst this can be considered Tango in the Night Part II; it may even sound better, since "she" is not gurgling through the motions.
Old 01-14-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
OK, I appreciate the honesty, but you get credit for posting it where I could see it.

Kevin
It's so hilarious...
Old 01-14-2017, 01:51 PM

It's been trending on FB all day.. That really surprised me..
Old 01-14-2017, 02:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default New Music

While I would have loved Stevie to participate, it'll be nice to see what they've been working on, what they think we need to hear. Excited to hear what Christine has had tucked away for so long.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Im big fan of Stevie and Im sad that sheīs not gonna participate, but itīs her decision. I would be much more sad if that would be the reason to the rest of the band not to record anything new, even when they want. So Im very happy now, that they found a way to record new album without her.

But I have to say that itīs little unfair to Christine, because when she left and the rest recorded Say You Will, it was still Fleetwood Mac. So I dont see the reason why now it shouldnīt have been called Fleetwood Mac album when itīs without Stevie. There was so many incarnations of Fleetwood Mac in history, that it would not be so special... it certainly would have bigger potential of sales with the name Fleetwood Mac. So I guess that they feel that the popularity of Stevie and her being in Fleetwood Mac is so strong, that they need to call it diferently... but yeah, I think it would be more fair to Chrstine to keep the name Fleetwood Mac.
But anyway, who cares... there will be new music from these two and Im really looking forward to it.

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 01-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got to thinking, instead of calling it Buckingham McVie, they should call it The Montagues, because, you know, a Fleetwood Mac album by any other name . . .

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-14-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Im big fan of Stevie and Im sad that sheīs not gonna participate, but itīs her decision. I would be much more sad if that would be the reason to the rest of the band not to record anything new, even when they want. So Im very happy now, that they found a way to record new album without her.

But I have to say that itīs little unfair to Christine, because when she left and the rest recorded Say You Will, it was still Fleetwood Mac. So I dont see the reason why now it shouldnīt have been called Fleetwood Mac album when itīs without Stevie. There was so many incarnations of Fleetwood Mac in history, that it would not be so special... it certainly would have bigger potential of sales with the name Fleetwood Mac. So I guess that they feel that the popularity of Stevie and her being in Fleetwood Mac is so strong, that they need to call it diferently... but yeah, I think it would be more fair to Chrstine to keep the name Fleetwood Mac.
But anyway, who cares... there will be new music from these two and Im really looking forward to it.
It could be that the collaborations were so strong that a duet was more appropriate. The more I think about it, the more I love Buckingham/McVie.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

Lawyers, managers, threats of going to the press.

Christine had a different approach than Stevie does.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Lawyers, managers, threats of going to the press.

Christine had a different approach than Stevie does.
Very very different. They are so unalike.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:14 PM
Ledgie

I'm very excited about this! I do feel it's unfair to Christine to have to give the album and project a name that isn't Fleetwood Mac. But the comment regarding lawyers, managers, and going to the press seems accurate. Stevie has quite the ego, and it's a shame it's gotten in the way of being with her closest musical family for something special they haven't done since 1987/2, depending on who is asking. But I am looking forward to these present-day harmonies from folks interested in the music.