Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Not from the band itself or their spokesperson, but all the media have. However I think it's just a matter of obviousness and that an official statement about it from the band would have been done only in the opposite scenario that she wouldn't attend.
However there are still more than three full months to know.
I saw in one of the articles, featuring Christine McVie. I thought that was weird and obvious.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Not from the band itself or their spokesperson, but all the media have. However I think it's just a matter of obviousness and that an official statement about it from the band would have been done only in the opposite scenario that she wouldn't attend.
However there are still more than three full months to know.
True, but tickets go on sale this week, though. I'm one of those yahoos who plans to attend this silly thing.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
True, but tickets go on sale this week, though. I'm one of those yahoos who plans to attend this silly thing.
Enjoy!!! I spend thousands on the 2014 tour. That was enough.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm beginning to think that these dates' purpose is to finance the Buckingham McVie album and concerts.
Well, I think Don Henley wil scoop a huge amount too and don't forgot the concertpromotors on this one ...
Old 04-05-2017, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Enjoy!!! I spend thousands on the 2014 tour. That was enough.
i guess whether or not one would consider going depends on:
  1. having the money (*cheapest* tix are $150, at the top of the stadium - what if you are afraid of heights? , and the expensive ones are priced way too high for most people).
  2. whether you like majority of these bands. for me, i really like just FM and i've heard their greatest hits (plus a few more songs, which they don't even do at festivals!) numerous times in 2014-15. i've heard Steely Dan are fantastic live but i can see them for much cheaper, from great seats. i can't stand the Eagles, and especially Henley. i don't care for Journey. so for me it would be almost like paying huge money for torture - and i'm not into that!

so i have my popcorn and coffee, enjoying watching all this spectacle around the festival i wouldn't go to even if it was free.

although, i'm slightly pi**ed that the delay in BuckVie dates coming out is because these Classic things didn't go on regular onsale yet so any even small promotional announcement of BuckVie dates would get lost in the commotion so i guess they might be waiting at least a week after this. although maybe i'm giving them too much credit and their team is just completely unorganized.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-06-2017, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
although, i'm slightly pi**ed that the delay in BuckVie dates coming out is because these Classic things didn't go on regular onsale yet so any even small promotional announcement of BuckVie dates would get lost in the commotion so i guess they might be waiting at least a week after this. although maybe i'm giving them too much credit and their team is just completely unorganized.
Would you ever expect anything different from anyone in the FM camp? They've always had their marketing heads shoved directly up their arses.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
i guess whether or not one would consider going depends on:
  1. having the money (*cheapest* tix are $150, at the top of the stadium - what if you are afraid of heights? , and the expensive ones are priced way too high for most people).
I've tried several different Presales this week, and can't get any of the $150 seats to show up for sale. It keeps taking me to the nosebleeds in the 500 level, which are $250 each. The $150 seats are located in the following sections:
- Field Corner (which corner(s)???)
- Promenade Side (400 level - which sections?)
- Excelsior Corner (300 level - which sections?)
- Promenade Center (400 level - which sections?)
Anyone familiar with Citi Field who can identify where these sections are? The seating chart doesn't provide many clues. I'm sure they're lousy seats, but I just want to get into the stadium...
Old 04-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
I've tried several different Presales this week, and can't get any of the $150 seats to show up for sale. It keeps taking me to the nosebleeds in the 500 level, which are $250 each. The $150 seats are located in the following sections:
- Field Corner (which corner(s)???)
- Promenade Side (400 level - which sections?)
- Excelsior Corner (300 level - which sections?)
- Promenade Center (400 level - which sections?)
Anyone familiar with Citi Field who can identify where these sections are? The seating chart doesn't provide many clues. I'm sure they're lousy seats, but I just want to get into the stadium...
good luck!!

did you check that same venue for other acts, where they might provide a seat map?

so far for this show the only thing on TM is just a very general layout http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange...1&minorcatid=1

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-07-2017, 05:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad I have friends that let me use their American Express. Seats were almost gone when I bought my ticket last night. It's like they only want American Express cardholders to go to these concerts. When they go on sale for the general public, there will be nothing left.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
good luck!!

did you check that same venue for other acts, where they might provide a seat map?

so far for this show the only thing on TM is just a very general layout http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange...1&minorcatid=1
Yeah, unfortunately that seating chart is not very useful. You can't zoom in close, and I don't think any of the $150 seats are even identified on it. I'll see what comes up with today's General Public sale. It will be interesting to see how ticket sales go.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Mick posted a video for Sammy Hagar's new show a few minutes ago on Facebook... in the video, he again confirms a tour next year. Unclear when this was shot, but it appears the Mick episode is airing this Sunday.

VIDEO: https://www.facebook.com/realmickfle...49363348419555

MICK: “If you read a manual or a blueprint, you’d say, ‘This is actually not possible and it’s all lies. It couldn’t have happened like that, and if it did, the players in the play wouldn’t have survived.’ And we have survived, and we're intact -- planning a tour about a year from now. And I am incredibly thankful. I’ve done what I’ve dreamt of doing.”
Old 04-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Mick posted a video for Sammy Hagar's new show a few minutes ago on Facebook... in the video, he again confirms a tour next year. Unclear when this was shot, but it appears the Mick episode is airing this Sunday.

VIDEO: https://www.facebook.com/realmickfle...49363348419555

MICK: “If you read a manual or a blueprint, you’d say, ‘This is actually not possible and it’s all lies. It couldn’t have happened like that, and if it did, the players in the play wouldn’t have survived.’ And we have survived, and we're intact -- planning a tour about a year from now. And I am incredibly thankful. I’ve done what I’ve dreamt of doing.”
About a year from now?! I had the feeling I'd have to wait until April next year to attend a concert (never been to a FM concert before).

I guess it means more concert dates for Buckingham McVie this year.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you guys think that the Eagles will still play Glenn Frey's songs? Glenn's songs are my favorite Eagles songs.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Do you guys think that the Eagles will still play Glenn Frey's songs? Glenn's songs are my favorite Eagles songs.
That's a good question. I would think no but they will probably do one song as a tribute.
My guess: Peaceful Easy Feeling
Old 04-24-2017, 10:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I figure they have to, considering the number of hits on which he sang lead. I think they'll have a "special guest" handle a chunk of Frey's vocals, although who that might be is anyone's guess. Jackson Browne sang "Take It Easy" at the Grammys with them, so he's the most obvious choice.

Sadly, despite logging in right at the minute that two presales started, and at 10 am on the nose when the general public sale began, I found no $150 seats available. I even emailed Ticketmaster and got an actual response, which was surprising:

"Unfortunately, the seats you are requesting in the $150.00 range have all been sold. They were released but they sold really fast."

Uh-huh. They must not have had many to sell. The next cheapest priced tickets are $250 each, and as much as I'd love to take the family to the shows, it seems much less insane to pay $600 for our four tickets than $1,000, especially for lousy seats.

Did any of y'all get tix? Any in the $150 sections?