User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
One solution to the touring situation- Stevie could extend her tour and invite Buckingham Nicks to replace the Pretenders as her opening act. Everybody would win!
You claim you're not baiting anyone.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good grief! Then how about "with special guests Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie?!?" Chris and Lindsey could play in venues they're accustomed to, at prices where they would make more money, and they could interact with Stevie on stage as much or as little as they want to. Stevie could move a couple of FM songs to the early part of her set list, or she could come out during their performance and sing back up, as someone else suggested. Or they could not perform together at all, although that would really be weird. And for people here who hate Stevie, they could leave before she comes on, or right after Chris and or Lindsey leave the stage. Win win!

Stevie did the same thing with Rod Stewart a few years back, by the way. There's no shame in opening up for somebody.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bwboy, that's never going to happen. Stevie will be back with all 5 of the Rumours lineup in 2018
Old 03-26-2017, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good grief! Then how about "with special guests Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie?!?" Chris and Lindsey could play in venues they're accustomed to, at prices where they would make more money, and they could interact with Stevie on stage as much or as little as they want to. Stevie could move a couple of FM songs to the early part of her set list, or she could come out during their performance and sing back up, as someone else suggested. Or they could not perform together at all, although that would really be weird. And for people here who hate Stevie, they could leave before she comes on, or right after Chris and or Lindsey leave the stage. Win win!

Stevie did the same thing with Rod Stewart a few years back, by the way. There's no shame in opening up for somebody.

You're still at it.
Thats really not happening is it?
Are you sure you aren't welcomechris in disguise?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-26-2017, 03:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Surely you cant be serious....?!
Old 03-26-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
You're still at it.
Thats really not happening is it?
Are you sure you aren't welcomechris in disguise?
Haha, I remember welcomechris..

The mentality is the same. It's like..." well... well... well... then how about Lindsey has to fly Stevie's plane!! How about that huh?? "

Old 03-26-2017, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why are people outraged or offended by the notion that Buckingham McVie could open for Stevie as "very special guests?" There's no shame in it, which is what you seem to be implying.

1) Stevie Nicks opened for Rod Stewart

2) The Pretenders are opening for Stevie now

3) Cyndi Lauper will be opening for Rod Stewart

4) Mariah Carey is opening for Lionel Richie

Other people have said Buckingham McVie will be playing smaller venues at reduced prices. Suggesting Christine and Lindsey open as special guests for another act to reach a wider audience is a smart and practical option. They all get along when they tour, so that shouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't see Buckingham McVie alone, nor would I see Stevie alone. Buckingham McVie AND Stevie Nicks on the same bill? That I would pay big bucks to see.

They don't have to tour with Stevie, since that seems so outrageous to some people. Rod Stewart would have been an interesting match. Maybe even Lady Antebellum, I don't know. The point is, I was not insulting the band when I suggested they open/be very special guests of Stevie or any other act. And I think it's amusing that people are so sensitive about it, when there's no need to be.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:49 AM
Ledgie

I can envision B/M as a special guest/opening act for someone in the same league as FM and whom they respect as an artist. However, that act will never be Stevie Nicks. We are kidding ourselves if we think Lindsey would ever agree to that.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post
I can envision B/M as a special guest/opening act for someone in the same league as FM and whom they respect as an artist. However, that act will never be Stevie Nicks. We are kidding ourselves if we think Lindsey would ever agree to that.

This would never happen for so many reasons. The first being this is a Buckingham McVie's show. It should not be an opening act for a Stevie's solo concert. If this was the case, Stevie would be on the album and it would be a "Fleetwood Mac show"
Old 03-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It never ceases to amaze me, the number of Stevie fans who completely live in a fantasy land...
Old 03-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Haha, I remember welcomechris..

The mentality is the same. It's like..." well... well... well... then how about Lindsey has to fly Stevie's plane!! How about that huh?? "

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Other people have said Buckingham McVie will be playing smaller venues at reduced prices.
intimate venues and cheaper shows are a win-win for fans. that's what we want!

why anyone would think that paying more to see less, from further away, and hear just half the songs that we could get otherwise, would be a win for us is way beyond my comprehension.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-26-2017, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

why anyone would think that paying more to see less, from further away, and hear just half the songs that we could get otherwise, would be a win for us is way beyond my comprehension.
Amen! I'm FAR more excited about this tour? than I could possibly be for another FM golden moldies tour!!!!

New music, smaller venues, cheaper ticket prices? Yeah, all that is pissing me off!!!
Old 03-26-2017, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

True... but some people said B/M would be losing money by touring these smaller venues, so pairing up with another act would be a way to offset that, which could lead to even more dates so more people have the option to see them.

Obviously, a huge fan of B/M would pay big money to see them, whereas a casual fan might be on the fence. That's why a double bill might benefit them, plus lead to more exposure for the album, which never hurts.

Btw, I know they're saying it's a duets album, but does that really mean every song is a duet? Or a majority? I can't believe EVERY song is a duet, hopefully there will be at least a few songs that will spotlight them individually.
Old 03-26-2017, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
True... but some people said B/M would be losing money by touring these smaller venues, so pairing up with another act would be a way to offset that, which could lead to even more dates so more people have the option to see them.
i see this is hard for you to understand - they are NOT doing this for the money. if they don't care, why do you?

quantity is not always better than quality. remember when Nicks opened for Rod Stewart? remember how much her fans hated it and wished she'd never done it? she had a new album to promote and she was doing a shortened set with like zero songs from her new album (or maybe one song?). nobody got to hear her new songs. and her fans hated being among all the Rod fans.

so yeah your little proposition would completely beat the purpose for the tour in the first place. for both the fans and for Christine and Lindsey. if they cared about that, they would have just done Fleetwood Mac moldies tour and throw in one new song.