User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Why would Stevie want to go back into a recording situation that potentially brings up all their s*it all over again. Maybe she's the sensible one in all this by staying away.
Why would she stay in the band if she wasn't willing to be a full member of the band? She accepted no less from Christine.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-20-2017, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
It's the double-standard I find most irksome. You shouldn't suggest someone sees things through Lindsey-tinted glasses, but it's fine to say someone else's opinions are filtered through a layer of chiffon. What's the difference?
why shouldn't you suggest that? i'll readily admit that in many cases it's true and that i jump to LB's defense a lot.

but also, if i see and discuss both sides of the issue, while someone else obviously sees only one side, than i'm not the one with myopia.

so i admit it. do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why would she stay in the band if she wasn't willing to be a full member of the band? She accepted no less from Christine.
exactly.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-20-2017, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwood Jack View Post
Hey that's me!
Somehow, you and truefaith remain polite and positive and, well, just downright pleasant! I freely admit I've gotten frustrated and contributed to the negativity here, so please keep posting!
Old 01-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
why shouldn't you suggest that? i'll readily admit that in many cases it's true and that i jump to LB's defense a lot.

but also, if i see and discuss both sides of the issue, while someone else obviously sees only one side, than i'm not the one with myopia.

so i admit it. do you?
Do I admit that I sometimes post in Stevie's defense? Of course, but not nearly as often as I could. MoonSister hit the nail on the head when she said that we scroll through pages of vitriol before finally having to say something in counterpoint. Digs at Lindsey don't last long before someone posts a retort, so the "Stevie police" certainly aren't the only cops on the street.

We are a biased bunch on the Ledge (I wonder if we can name someone who isn't), but some biases just seem to be more acceptable than others.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
It's a legit question. But the answer is money. Not just for Stevie, but for all of them. She wants money and needs FMac for the huge pay off. And they need her.

They are lucky they can still make what they make at this age.

I'm just grateful that we get a duets album. Feeling blessed.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We are a biased bunch on the Ledge (I wonder if we can name someone who isn't)
yes. i've definitely seen people who are not biased here.

i have to say that i peaked to SN board to check that interview she gave about not participating in Mac album few days ago, and was pleasantly surprised how many unbiased and non-chiffon tinted posts by Stevie fans were there. so it can be done.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-20-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
yes. i've definitely seen people who are not biased here.

i have to say that i peaked to SN board to check that interview she gave about not participating in Mac album few days ago, and was pleasantly surprised how many unbiased and non-chiffon tinted posts were there. so it can be done.
I'm not biased. But if I had to admit to leaning, I probably tend to favor Stevie more than the others.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm not biased. But if I had to admit to leaning, I probably tend to favor Stevie more than the others.
That surprises me! You seem like a Christine champion all the way.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and yet, many here will probably label you as very biased, just because you state opinions that are not in line with theirs, or all your statements are not absolutely positive about their favorite.

i think difference some people don't grasp is that you can't always post in somebody's defense, you have to be able to see and point their negatives too. from some people i've never seen anything but pointing negatives about one side and positives of the other.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
That surprises me! You seem like a Christine champion all the way.
Haha.. you know I am. I was trying to make y'all laugh. .
Old 01-20-2017, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha.. you know I am. I was trying to make y'all laugh. .
yet, i've seen you post stuff criticizing her, and giving a lot of credit to various other band members.

there are many people here who never had anything positive to say about certain band members and yet claim they love them. that's disingenuous. i've never claimed to be a Stevie fan. yet even i had nicer things to say about her than certain people who claim to "love" all band members ever said about Lindsey, Christine, or Mick.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
there are many people here who never had anything positive to say about certain band members and yet claim they love them.
Those are the people who really drive me nuts. Makes me wonder about what they are like in real life.

Quote:
i've never claimed to be a Stevie fan. yet even i had nicer things to say about her than certain people who claim to "love" all band members ever said about Lindsey, Christine, or Mick.
Even you? You gave me a ration for using that phrasing a couple days ago!
Old 01-20-2017, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Those are the people who really drive me nuts. Makes me wonder about what they are like in real life.

Even you? You gave me a ration for using that phrasing a couple days ago!
lol, if you don't see the difference between me using it vs you using it to describe my statements i can't help ya!

Old 01-21-2017, 12:44 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Somehow, you and truefaith remain polite and positive and, well, just downright pleasant! I freely admit I've gotten frustrated and contributed to the negativity here, so please keep posting!
Dangit bwboy! You are too nice!

(Do you guys like how I've gotten distracted and started a completely different thread within my own thread?)
Old 01-21-2017, 05:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine doesn't have an ongoing painful dynamic with her ex-partner of 50 years, who will be producing the music. I think the band are very aware of just how difficult it is between Lindsey and Stevie ​and have to find a way to work around it.

I am no less disappointed than anyone here that there won't be another album with all 5 (although I live in hope that one still might come about.....). And I know Stevie's recent article doesn't put her in a good light. I also don't like to hear that it's a decision based on money, or that she feels they are too old to make music together. I just wonder how much of that is just excuses. She mentioned in an interview a while back that going into the studio would put them all in the same stressful situation again (or something along those lines).

She's been determined since SYW to not go back in the studio with Lindsey, apart from a few days for the EP. I could be completely wrong, and it's just my opinion, but I believe not wanting to go back to that recording situation is a big factor in her decision.

If it really is that she can't write anything else, or doesn't feel she can use her old demos as they aren't good enough, then that's just sad. I'm sure she has enough in the vault to make a good contribution to an album.

Last edited by MoonSister75; 01-21-2017 at 05:30 AM..