Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ha! Hilarious!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Guess we're not the only ones keeping an eye on how long WY intro is getting...

From a Jones Beach review:

"The sound crew joked to me that they time Stevie’s story, which is repeated at every date on the current tour, and at over 7 minutes it fell short of the previous record in Boston the night before."

That's disappointing! Come on Stevie! Think of some funny BN story to go with this. I especially liked how you lived in a house with half a million cassettes all on the sofa. You should add something about how Lindsey & Waddy never noticed the sleazy friend stealing the cassette because they were too high on hash. Or how after the BN record bombed you were having to eat Hamburger Helper all the time...until Lindsey ruined the electric skillet. I mean we could get this thing up to 10 minutes!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sister's of the Moon by kissfan4lf

Old 06-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman by kissfan4lf

Rhiannon by kissfan4lf

Gypsy by kissfan4lf

Old 06-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default found it!

Without You introduction by KC Jones

Old 06-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

OMG! Thank you! I love you!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel uncultured/naive because I definitely had to google the George and Gracie reference. And I still don't really get it
Old 06-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I feel uncultured/naive because I definitely had to google the George and Gracie reference. And I still don't really get it
They are tv characters from Stevie and Lindsey's generation. I'm 51 and I'm not familiar with them either.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Oh, geez. I feel totally old even though Gracie died a few years before I was born - I guess I caught reruns. I know Burns was on talk shows and variety shows all the time when I was growing up.

They were just very well known for their schtick - Gracie the ditzy blonde and George was her "straight" man. She got the laughs.

Here's an example:

Then at the end they would come back out and she would say something silly and he would respond with a dry, "Say goodnight, Gracie." and she'd say, "Goodnight."

Like this:

George: "Well, Gracie when you were a little girl you never thought you'd marry an author."
Gracie: "Oh! I'm glad I didn't -- I'm much happier with you."
George: "Say goodnight..."
Gracie: "Goodnight!"

Classic.

Similar to:

Stevie: "The reason I first joined Fleetwood Mac is because I thought this is big time rock and roll. And, I wanted to big in a big time rock and roll band."
Lindsey: "That...and we needed the money."
Stevie: "And we needed the money."

Stevie: "Listen, that picture's touched up."
Lindsey: "Good thing I had long hair..."
Stevie: "It's a good thing."

Has a lot to do with the delivery.

Last edited by CADreaming; 06-27-2013 at 09:58 PM..
Old 06-27-2013, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a channel that still shows reruns of both Burns and Allen and the Jack Benny show. I have several episodes waiting to watch on my tivo right now. Actually, I was really, really touched recently, because I caught the last "appearance" that Gracie made.

Gracie retired. She had an ongoing heart problem. So, she didn't appear publicly much anymore. But George had some failed tv show. Anyway, he guested on the Jack Benny show and he did a story where he and Benny were partners, but then Benny dumped him and George went on to get a new partner, which turned out to be Gracie. We didn't see her on camera but we heard her VOICE. Benny is listening to them do their routine backstage and they're getting all of these laughs and I think he's like, "Aw, they'll never amount to anything."

Anyway, Gracie died shortly after this and I just thought how it would have felt to be a viewer back then and realize that that Benny show would have been the last time you'd hear her. (I mean, this was before we knew they'd be in reruns for the next 50 years). I would have been beside myself. I have a great deal of affection for her.

And George outlived her by decades, but he never stopped speaking of his great love for her. Beautiful, beautiful stuff.

Michele
Old 06-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post

They were just very well known for their schtick - Gracie the ditzy blonde and George was her "straight" man. She got the laughs.
And she was always telling stories about her wacky relatives who were just as ditzy as she was, which Stevie can definitely do (i.e. Glenn Parrish taking her meds).

Michele
Old 06-28-2013, 01:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Yeah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

You are awesome Viv! Have been looking for it everywhere on youtube. It is like an addiction. Have to get that Without you intro fix after every show
Old 06-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Second Hand News by T McAfee

Old 06-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Review: Fleetwood Mac thunders into Charlotte

By Jared Faw For the Salisbury Post on June 30, 2013

http://www.salisburypost.com/article...into-charlotte

CHARLOTTE — More than 20,000 fans gathered in Charlotte’s Time Warner Arena to pay their respects to the mighty Fleetwood Mac – a band notorious for their love-affairs, drug use, and lethal amount of hits over the past four decades.

Although the longevity of the band has never been questioned, it was surprising to see so many 20-something year-olds in the crowd.

There were plenty of Stevie Nicks impersonators, of course, draped in their black handkerchief-chiffon dresses and platform boots.

Fleetwood Mac is currently on a world tour, which will hit Australia and New Zealand before the year is over.

The Australian leg of the tour sold out in a record breaking fifteen minutes, proving that the Mac still has quite the clout.

The band opened with a menagerie of hits from their landmark record, “Rumours,” which to this day is the third best-selling album in history with sales nearing 25 million.

The first two songs, “Second Hand News” and “The Chain,” kept the crowd on their feet and fists pumping in the air, while the band effortlessly glided through hit after hit.

What was the most apparent all throughout the evening was just how hard this band rocks.

A special treat for more seasoned fans was the drop-jaw performance of their new single, “Sad Angel,” which was released a few weeks ago on their new EP, aptly titled, “Extended Play.”

The night became a bit more somber when Nicks introduced her signature song, “Landslide.” The definitive emotional peak of the evening, “Landslide” talks about growing older and coming to terms with both your mortality and the realization that some “mountains” simply cannot be climbed.

While the song has become one of the most-covered tracks in music history, its message remains universal and timeless.

Although Nicks’ voice, which was once described as the most famous voice in rock, has taken a beating over the years because of drug use, she still sounds strong and vibrant, even if her vocal range is largely limited.

Nonetheless, she definitely lives up to her media-given title, “Queen of Rock.”

After the brief deviation from the more colossal songs, they returned to perform “Gold Dust Woman,” which now feels more like a Broadway number opposed to the gritty original with Nicks acting more like a street urchin than a noble Queen of Rock.

Not to be outdone by Nicks, guitar-god Lindsey Buckingham brought down the house with mind-blowing performances of “I’m So Afraid” and the classic “Never Going Back Again,” the latter which had everyone in the house rocking out.

While Fleetwood Mac remains an iconic classic rock band, the main draw of the event was undoubtedly Nicks.

Thousands still show up to see the now 65-year-old twirl and mythicize her songs into little plays and acts.

It was interesting to see just how many young people still look up to her, obviously trying to scratch and claw their way to the front rows to catch an up-close glimpse at the rock queen.

The show was amazing, of course. Bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood provide one of the most intense rhythm sections in the world.

Recently Rolling Stone Magazine took a poll of its readers and asked them who the most recognizable rhythm section was. Fleetwood Mac topped the list.

Although McVie, who was once married to ex-keyboardist Christine McVie, and Fleetwood remain largely in the background, their presence is instantly and continually detectable.

The show clocked in at two-and-a-half hours, ending at 11 p.m. — quite a feat for an artist in their 20’s, but this is a band whose members are all in the mid to late 60’s.

Many fans were talking about the possibility this may be the last Fleetwood Mac tour, but the band showed nothing could be further from the truth.

I first saw them in 2004 and again in 2009 and I can honestly say that this tour sees the band in unbelievable synchronicity and much more playful than on any previous tour.

Then again, will Fleetwood Mac ever really stop? They’ve been such a huge part of rock music since 1975 that I have a feeling the chain will never really be broken.

And the band played on…
Old 06-30-2013, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
“I’m So Afraid” and the classic “Never Going Back Again,” the latter which had everyone in the house rocking out.
I'm not even sure how a "rock out" would be possible. Michele