Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Thanks guys. I love the site and am glad it will keep on chugging.

So, I guess we can just go ahead and repeat what we said about the album!

Michele
Michele, I love you more than my luggage. And I have Dior. You've been very fair and balanced with everyone. You kept everyone in check, including me. I will always be in touch if you need me. so NOT FADE AWAY. xoxox

Brooks! Thank you for keeping the site going. A lot of us love errrr are obsessed with The Ledge. Great family with good fights. Pleasure to meet you, (virtually)

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-05-2017 at 07:40 AM..
Old 06-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerGT View Post
This is an awesome community and the website/forums have a lot of great history, I look forward to working with everyone and any feedback/suggestions are welcome as we move forward.

thanks!

Brooks
Hey Brooks! Thanks for keeping the site alive.

Here are a couple quick suggestions/feedback for the Forum I've sen on other forum sites:
1) Would be great to have a "multiple quote" feature.
2) Adding a "Thank you/Thumbsup" feature. So much more efficient than having to reply to just say thanks.
3) Adding a "spoiler" button for text or images. For spoilers and also condensing replies that have tons of photos or text.
Old 06-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Michele, your presence will be greatly missed. Thank you SO MUCH for your presence and guidance, and openness to varying opinions. You will be missed a great deal.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Unfortunately, I had to sell the site. The new owner moved the site from my server to theirs and that is why the threads were lost. As the fleetwoodmac.net domain name points to a new server, some of your computers will be delayed in recognizing the new server. So, in essence, two sites were running at the same time and that's how we lose posts. I posted about the new album and that post has disappeared. But now it seems we are all on the new server.

I apologize for the lack of notice. It was a personal necessity and after the sale was made, I did not have the same "administrator" log in needed to make a public announcement across all of the threads.

Michele
Thank you, Michele for all the time & money you invested. Not being very active, but I always check back and enjoy reading all of you.
I'm sure, when the momentum arises once again & FM comes back on tour, I'll be participating once again.

Once again: THANK you!
Old 06-05-2017, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Michele, your presence will be greatly missed. Thank you SO MUCH for your presence and guidance, and openness to varying opinions. You will be missed a great deal.
Thank you, David. There were so many fan firestorms going on when I first bought the site that I didn't really get to know you then. It's only been in the last couple of years that we've gotten to exchange thoughts and laughs and I've enjoyed it very much.

Michele
Old 06-05-2017, 03:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for everything Michele.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Unfortunately, I had to sell the site. The new owner moved the site from my server to theirs and that is why the threads were lost. As the fleetwoodmac.net domain name points to a new server, some of your computers will be delayed in recognizing the new server. So, in essence, two sites were running at the same time and that's how we lose posts. I posted about the new album and that post has disappeared. But now it seems we are all on the new server.

I apologize for the lack of notice. It was a personal necessity and after the sale was made, I did not have the same "administrator" log in needed to make a public announcement across all of the threads.

Michele
I'm sure we all appreciate the time, effort and money you've freely and generously spent for all of us all this time Michele, so thanks for everything you've done up until now.

Quote:
Hello everyone, sorry about the missing posts, I thought we had stopped new posts on the old server while we migrated everything to the new server. I will take a look and see how feasible it will be to recover them.

The forums for the most part with stay the same, we'll be upgrading to a more recent version to make sure everything is secure. There are some new ads, I will tweak them so they are only visible to non-registered members. For the website we'll be migrating to a new CMS, mostly likely Wordpress that will allow us to update the content easier, engage the community and provide a better mobile and responsive web experience.

This is an awesome community and the website/forums have a lot of great history, I look forward to working with everyone and any feedback/suggestions are welcome as we move forward.

thanks!

Brooks
Welcome Brooks, I'm Giulia and I'd like to thank you for being our saviour, we all look forward to an exchange with you.
I'd like to know more about you, so can I ask, if it's not too indescreet, to tell us a few things about yourself? Like how you got to know about us and how your interest in buying this site has born, so we can start to get to know each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Hey Brooks! Thanks for keeping the site alive.

Here are a couple quick suggestions/feedback for the Forum I've sen on other forum sites:
1) Would be great to have a "multiple quote" feature.
2) Adding a "Thank you/Thumbsup" feature. So much more efficient than having to reply to just say thanks.
3) Adding a "spoiler" button for text or images. For spoilers and also condensing replies that have tons of photos or text.
These are all nice suggestions, but actually we already have a multiple quote feature, it's the one with the "plus" and quotation marks symbols between the quick reply and the "quote" buttons that are at the right bottom of every post.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 06-05-2017 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 06-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
These are all nice suggestions, but actually we already have a multiple quote feature, it's the one with the "plus" and quotation marks symbols between the quick reply and the "quote" buttons that are at the right bottom of every post.
Oh my....Duh! Thanks for being so nice about pointing that out. I feel silly.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you, David. There were so many fan firestorms going on when I first bought the site that I didn't really get to know you then. It's only been in the last couple of years that we've gotten to exchange thoughts and laughs and I've enjoyed it very much.

Michele
Thank you so much. Those words mean a lot to me. I truly hope you hang around here and keep posting.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hello everyone, sorry about the missing posts, I thought we had stopped new posts on the old server while we migrated everything to the new server. I will take a look and see how feasible it will be to recover them.

The forums for the most part with stay the same, we'll be upgrading to a more recent version to make sure everything is secure. There are some new ads, I will tweak them so they are only visible to non-registered members. For the website we'll be migrating to a new CMS, mostly likely Wordpress that will allow us to update the content easier, engage the community and provide a better mobile and responsive web experience.

thanks!

Brooks
Hello new owners!

Thanks Michele for keeping the site alive for so long , much appreciated.

Last edited by ViscountViktor; 06-05-2017 at 10:47 AM..
Old 06-05-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Oh my....Duh! Thanks for being so nice about pointing that out. I feel silly.
Ah ah, sorry it wasn't my intent.
It's that the multi-quote feature isn't very intuitive for use, you have to press the plus-quotation mark buttons on every post you want to quote/reply to and then press the "post reply" button at the bottom left of the page.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Michele - very sad to hear this , you have kept this site alive through thick and thin for a long long time and we are incredibly grateful to you for maintaining it for us all this time.

hi new owners! i hope you all are very savvy and will be able to figure out how to restore those threads that got lost in the transfer!
I opened up the Ledge site today for the first time and the first thing I saw was an ad to the left for "Russian Babes".

Can we please not do this on this site?
There's enough Russian ****ery coming out of Washington these days -- I'd rather not have it on a Fleetwood Mac fan site.

Thanks new owners.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for all you've done, Michele. I know it's not an easy decision to make.

(Sorry to be so late on this, but I just saw it).

Last edited by sodascouts; 06-23-2017 at 11:09 PM..
Old 06-24-2017, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very sorry to hear Michele has sold the site. Michele you did a fantastic job of keeping things on an even keel, and avoiding the tendency to turn the forum into a sycophantic love fest where no one is ever allowed to criticize the dear leader... I mean band. I hope you will still be around to offer your insights and best to you.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Amen to that! Michele did an AMAZING job, and will be sorely missed.