Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Missing threads and posts?

maybe it's just me but sometime in the middle of the night bunch of posts and even some threads disappeared and i don't see them back.

for example, the whole thread on NPR streaming BuckVie album, with all the album reviews we did is gone?

can someone look into this?

EDIT: not just me - see other people posting in different threads how much is missing. according to button-lip, posts from June 1st until yesterday's afternoon are all gone.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 06-04-2017 at 11:29 AM..
Old 06-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

u r right...
Old 06-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
maybe it's just me but sometime in the middle of the night bunch of posts and even some threads dissapeared and i don't see them back.

for example, the whole thread on NPR streaming BuckVie album, with all the album reviews we did is gone?

can someone look into this?

EDIT: not just me - see other people posting in different threads how much is missing. according to button-lip posts from June 1st until yesterday's afternoon are all gone.
Yeah, I noticed it yesterday's night, but I didn't realize there were also whole threads missing.

Maybe someone doesn't want everybody to read the album's reviews before its release. Maybe it was me!

Just kidding. It sucks to have lost all the reviews.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:36 AM

I noticed and it's very strange, I performed some actions on my private profile yesterday ,some little changes and canceling old messages but now everything seems to be back to how it was before...
I know lately Michele has been having problems with the technical stuff of the board, maybe it's that, I'll ask and see.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 06-04-2017 at 12:29 PM..
Old 06-04-2017, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm guessing there was some type of update because there are more ads, NOT related to Fleetwood Mac, in the threads and on the main page.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-04-2017, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
has been having problems with the technical stuff of the board, maybe it's that, I'll ask and see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I'm guessing there was some type of update because there are more ads, NOT related to Fleetwood Mac, in the threads and on the main page.
yes, the threads disappeared when the ads appeared, so there seemed to have been some technical problems in the process of the ads implementaion.

hopefully whoever is in charge of that is technically savvy enough to be able to retrieve the missing threads and posts.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-04-2017, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello Guys,

Unfortunately, I had to sell the site. The new owner moved the site from my server to theirs and that is why the threads were lost. As the fleetwoodmac.net domain name points to a new server, some of your computers will be delayed in recognizing the new server. So, in essence, two sites were running at the same time and that's how we lose posts. I posted about the new album and that post has disappeared. But now it seems we are all on the new server.

I apologize for the lack of notice. It was a personal necessity and after the sale was made, I did not have the same "administrator" log in needed to make a public announcement across all of the threads.

Michele
Old 06-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Hello Guys,

Unfortunately, I had to sell the site. The new owner moved the site from my server to theirs and that is why the threads were lost. As the fleetwoodmac.net domain name points to a new server, some of your computers will be delayed in recognizing the new server. So, in essence, two sites were running at the same time and that's how we lose posts. I posted about the new album and that post has disappeared. But now it seems we are all on the new server.

I apologize for the lack of notice. It was a personal necessity and after the sale was made, I did not have the same "administrator" log in needed to make a public announcement across all of the threads.

Michele
Michele - very sad to hear this , you have kept this site alive through thick and thin for a long long time and we are incredibly grateful to you for maintaining it for us all this time.

hi new owners! i hope you all are very savvy and will be able to figure out how to restore those threads that got lost in the transfer!

Old 06-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Michele
Wow, that came out of nowhere. Very sad to hear this Michele.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Hello everyone, sorry about the missing posts, I thought we had stopped new posts on the old server while we migrated everything to the new server. I will take a look and see how feasible it will be to recover them.

The forums for the most part with stay the same, we'll be upgrading to a more recent version to make sure everything is secure. There are some new ads, I will tweak them so they are only visible to non-registered members. For the website we'll be migrating to a new CMS, mostly likely Wordpress that will allow us to update the content easier, engage the community and provide a better mobile and responsive web experience.

This is an awesome community and the website/forums have a lot of great history, I look forward to working with everyone and any feedback/suggestions are welcome as we move forward.

thanks!

Brooks
Old 06-04-2017, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerGT View Post
Hello everyone, sorry about the missing posts, I thought we had stopped new posts on the old server while we migrated everything to the new server. I will take a look and see how feasible it will be to recover them.

The forums for the most part with stay the same, we'll be upgrading to a more recent version to make sure everything is secure. There are some new ads, I will tweak them so they are only visible to non-registered members. For the website we'll be migrating to a new CMS, mostly likely Wordpress that will allow us to update the content easier, engage the community and provide a better mobile and responsive web experience.

This is an awesome community and the website/forums have a lot of great history, I look forward to working with everyone and any feedback/suggestions are welcome as we move forward.

thanks!

Brooks
welcome and thanks for taking over and making sure the site gets preserved and goes on!

should we keep posting, or do you think some more stuff may get lost if you are still tweakng or trying to restore all those missing threads and posts between June 1 and last night?

Old 06-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Michele
I'm new to this site but I also would like to thank you for keeping this site alive. It means a lot to a lot of fans.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Michele
Wow what a huge shock this is! Michele, you did an amazing job running The Ledge. I am totally gonna miss you as the Boss around here. I hope you plan to remain as a member though. Wouldn't want to go without your sense of humor.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerGT View Post
thanks!
Brooks
Welcome to The Ledge!!!
Old 06-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks guys. I love the site and am glad it will keep on chugging.

So, I guess we can just go ahead and repeat what we said about the album!

Michele