User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, i am not a fan of the band, i am LB fan only - as you clarified in the next paragraph.
Then why the heck do you bother posting in the BAND sections of the forum when you're not a fan of 80% of it's music or 2/3 of it's songwriters!?!?

Here's mine:

Love In Store vs Big Love
Can't Go Back vs Seven Wonders
That's Alright vs Everywhere
Book of Love vs Caroline
Gypsy vs Tango In The Night
Only Over You vs Mystified - this was tough, because I don't like either, but I can bare "Only Over You" more.
Empire State vs Little Lies
Straight Back vs Family Man
Hold Me vs Welcome To The Room, Sara
Oh Diane vs Isn't It Midnight - I really hate "Oh Diane". "Isn't It Midnight" is Christine's finest moment.
Eyes of the World vs When I See You Again
Wish You Were Here vs You & I part 2

Mirage - 8
Tango - 4

Last edited by TheWILDheart; 03-05-2013 at 12:14 PM..
Old 03-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
Then why the heck do you bother posting in the BAND sections of the forum when you're not a fan of 80% of it's music or 2/3 of it's songwriters!?!?
Because there are discussions of LB music in this forum too? There are plenty of SN fans that post in here too, if you want everyone who is primarily an LB or SN fan (or any other band member) to stop posting here it will be considerably quieter. And while some of us may be fans of only a certain band member, right now FM is what is happening so this is where the conversation is.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wow, that's harsh!

didn't know there are rules against posting?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Senior Ledgie

Love In Store vs BL
Can't Go Back vs SW
Book of Love vs Caroline
Gypsy vs TITN
Only Over You vs Mystified
Hold Me vs WTTRS
Oh Diane vs IIM
EOTW vs WISYA
WYWH vs Y&I ii

Mirage: 2
Tango: 10

I love "Tango In The Night" and consider "Mirage" as the weakest album since "Kiln House", so this was pretty easy.
Though the title track is one of my favourite songs on "Tango In The Night", "Gypsy" is my favourite FM-song overall (along with "Sara").

I would love to hear more songs from "Tango In The Night" live than just "Big Love" - especially "Isn't It Midnight".
Old 03-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wow, that's harsh!

didn't know there are rules against posting?
Oh, I wasn't meaning for it to sound harsh. It was more wondering "why bother" when the majority of people on here are NEVER going to agree with many of Elle's opinions, seems like a waste of effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Because there are discussions of LB music in this forum too? There are plenty of SN fans that post in here too, if you want everyone who is primarily an LB or SN fan (or any other band member) to stop posting here it will be considerably quieter. And while some of us may be fans of only a certain band member, right now FM is what is happening so this is where the conversation is.
Oh, I'm not saying you shouldn't post, just as I said wondering why put the effort it? I'm a Stevie solo fan more so than a Mac fan (but I still love the Mac and not just for Stevie's songs either!) and really not a Lindsey solo fan, so I don't post in the Lindsey section of the board because I know I'd never get on with the Lindsey solo fans as I cannot bare the majority of his solo stuff. I'm also not really a fan of the pre-Buckingham Nicks era Mac, aside from a few songs, so I don't post in their either.

I would have thought, not being a Fleetwood Mac fan, that a Fleetwood Mac message board wouldn't be of much interest to you.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't meaning for it to sound harsh. It was more wondering "why bother" when the majority of people on here are NEVER going to agree with many of Elle's opinions, seems like a waste of effort.

Oh, I'm not saying you shouldn't post, just as I said wondering why put the effort it? I'm a Stevie solo fan more so than a Mac fan (but I still love the Mac and not just for Stevie's songs either!) and really not a Lindsey solo fan, so I don't post in the Lindsey section of the board because I know I'd never get on with the Lindsey solo fans as I cannot bare the majority of his solo stuff. I'm also not really a fan of the pre-Buckingham Nicks era Mac, aside from a few songs, so I don't post in their either.

I would have thought, not being a Fleetwood Mac fan, that a Fleetwood Mac message board wouldn't be of much interest to you.
So why don't you just stick to the SN board since that's what you're saying LB fans should do?

Why put in the effort? For a little variety? To show another point/side? Everyone doesn't always have to agree and great discussions come from differing opinions. If everyone felt the same what would be the point of a discussion board?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
whether i like it or not Lindsey is going to spend the next year touring with FM. there will be no LB solo in 2013, for the most part. i still love majority of his songs, whether or not they are with FM or solo.

this forum is the appropriate place to discuss any FM-related tour info, not LB or SN forums, wouldn't you agree?

i'm assuming you are counting every album FM ever released in those 80%? however, this is RUMOURS lineup forum, so if you think LB contributed only 20% of the music of that lineup, you should probably re-check your math.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you are more of a fan of a group-think and not open discussion then?

lol re NEVER.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So why don't you just stick to the SN board since that's what you're saying LB fans should do?

Why put in the effort? For a little variety? To show another point/side? Everyone doesn't always have to agree and great discussions come from differing opinions. If everyone felt the same what would be the point of a discussion board?

you'd think all these points are self-evident but apparently not.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't meaning for it to sound harsh. It was more wondering "why bother"

Hey, although I see where you are coming from TheWILDheart, and you are entitled to your opinion, I thank you for expressing it. This post was not intended to start another "war of the roses" (actually that be a cool Stevie title)

The main jest of it was to see where the fans opinions lie as oppossed to comparing Dreams against Rhiannon against Silver Girl. Or GYOW against Tusk against WATL. Not something of a landslide while pitting The Chain up against (ehh) Mystified or Landslide vs WISYA

True appreciation will come out when comparing solid studio albums against one another, rather than individual artist songs.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRobert View Post
Love In Store vs BL
Can't Go Back vs SW
Book of Love vs Caroline
Gypsy vs TITN (Screw you for making me choose)
Only Over You
vs Mystified (If not for the xylophone it'd be Mystified)
Hold Me vs WTTRS
Oh Diane vs IIM
EOTW vs WISYA
WYWH vs Y&I ii
Yeah and me, myself, b/c I had to chose, too
Old 03-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, because as I said I am a Fleetwood Mac fan. But Elle categorically stated that she was NOT a fan of Fleetwood Mac, hence I was wondering why she would want to post in a forum dedicated to the music of the band which, in her own words, she is not a fan of.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, because as I said I am a Fleetwood Mac fan. But Elle categorically stated that she was NOT a fan of Fleetwood Mac, hence I was wondering why she would want to post in a forum dedicated to the music of the band which, in her own words, she is not a fan of.
But Elle also said she was a fan of Lindsey's music, even his FM stuff. So why shouldn't she be able to come in here to discuss LB's FM music? And she is going to FM shows, should she not come here to discuss what she'd like to see at these shows or post reviews once the shows are over? I say the more the merrier. A variety of opinions makes the discussions much more interesting.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you are more of a fan of a group-think and not open discussion then?

lol re NEVER.
Open discussion amongst fans, yes. But you stated yourself you are not a fan of the band, so there is no discussion of varying opinions amongst fans because you're not a fan.

And I highly doubt that anymore than a few Rumours-era fans will agree with your Gypsy dislike
Old 03-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But Elle also said she was a fan of Lindsey's music, even his FM stuff. So why shouldn't she be able to come in here to discuss LB's FM music? And she is going to FM shows, should she not come here to discuss what she'd like to see at these shows or post reviews once the shows are over? I say the more the merrier. A variety of opinions makes the discussions much more interesting.
I'm not saying that anybody shouldn't post anywhere, I only asked the question. To me, posting in a Fleetwood Mac Rumours-era message board when you're only a fan of 1/3 of it's music seemed a bit like getting a pet cat when you're allergic to fur.

Last edited by TheWILDheart; 03-05-2013 at 12:59 PM..