User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It was close to half full, which was disappointing.

I was 4th row, and everyone down front was standing for pretty much the entire show. By the last few songs, many of us pushed up against the stage. For the first encore, Everywhere, I unpacked a dozen roses I'd been carrying, and pushed my way in front of her mic stand, and waited until she got there. The spotlight was blinding her, so she didn't notice me holding them up. I laid them as far as I could reach, but was still about 6" from her toes. Well FML!!! So I took my phone (the stage was a good 5' high) and pushed the roses about another 6". They were right at her feet then, and she noticed them. But in the meantime!, she had been waving at some ginger boy that was standing next to me, which is partly why she didn't notice. Fkng gingers ruin everything!
But by the end of the show, she didn't collect any of the TWO rose bouquets(a lady gave her the other one) and left the stage. Chris's assistant was out there collecting her things, and the lady started bitching at her, that she wanted them back if Chris wasn't going to take them. Then I asked her if she could the them backstage and give them to Chris. She promised she would.

If course we'll never know... I'm still waiting for Chris to call me. I wrote my number on the back of the card. She has yet to call.. How rude!
I hope her assistant gave her the flowers. The same happened to me a couple of years ago with a Broadway singer and I never knew if she received my gift. It's truly dissppointing for a couple of days until you forget about it.

I hope she calls you soon.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I was 4th row, and everyone down front was standing for pretty much the entire show. By the last few songs, many of us pushed up against the stage. For the first encore, Everywhere, I unpacked a dozen roses I'd been carrying, and pushed my way in front of her mic stand, and waited until she got there. The spotlight was blinding her, so she didn't notice me holding them up. I laid them as far as I could reach, but was still about 6" from her toes. Well FML!!! So I took my phone (the stage was a good 5' high) and pushed the roses about another 6". They were right at her feet then, and she noticed them. But in the meantime!, she had been waving at some ginger boy that was standing next to me, which is partly why she didn't notice. Fkng gingers ruin everything!
But by the end of the show, she didn't collect any of the TWO rose bouquets(a lady gave her the other one) and left the stage. Chris's assistant was out there collecting her things, and the lady started bitching at her, that she wanted them back if Chris wasn't going to take them. Then I asked her if she could the them backstage and give them to Chris. She promised she would.

If course we'll never know... I'm still waiting for Chris to call me. I wrote my number on the back of the card. She has yet to call.. How rude!
Darn gingers! How frustrating for you...I'm sorry. I wondered if you got the roses in, as I thought you mentioned that, yet I'm sad that you didn't get the 'moment' with C.

Interesting about the sparse crowd, as I'm nervous they'll start to cancel shows. However, they both look happy in the videos & I hope they hang in there for the thrill of it. I don't recall ever seeing C so radiant and in the moment, dancing around, etc. What a change from 97!

And, I'm sure she was given /accepted the roses & felt the love!
Old 06-25-2017, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Do you remember the concert clip where at the end of some show some fan gives Christine something (was it a stuffed animal) and Stevie reaches for it and Christine tugs it away from her? I'm just laughing thinking of what your reaction would have been if Stevie had been there and picked up your roses.

This week they released a Princess Diana video where she said that when she was pregnant with Harry, Charles wanted a girl so bad. When it was a boy he was disappointed, but when it was a RED-HAIRED boy, the marriage was over.

Michele
Old 06-25-2017, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I hope her assistant gave her the flowers. The same happened to me a couple of years ago with a Broadway singer and I never knew if she received my gift. It's truly dissppointing for a couple of days until you forget about it.

I hope she calls you soon.
Me too.

I never expected a call, of course. I wrote a nice heartfelt message about "thanks for FM being the sound track to my life, and you are the heart and soul of FM, and always have been...."

Then, in my moment of desperation, on the back of the card I wrote something like, "if you'd ever feel like talking, here's my number". Yes, I feel stupid and childish telling y'all this, but like I said, it was a moment of desperation. My childhood heroes are getting up there, and more than anything, I want them (her) to know the love I feel. That's How I Feel About You!
Old 06-25-2017, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Do you remember the concert clip where at the end of some show some fan gives Christine something (was it a stuffed animal) and Stevie reaches for it and Christine tugs it away from her? I'm just laughing thinking of what your reaction would have been if Stevie had been there and picked up your roses.

This week they released a Princess Diana video where she said that when she was pregnant with Harry, Charles wanted a girl so bad. When it was a boy he was disappointed, but when it was a RED-HAIRED boy, the marriage was over.

Michele
Was that on the Mirage video?

If Stevie grabbed that sh*t, I'd have climbed that stage, and ripped em out of OGB's arms. "This sh*t's for the QUEEN of FM, not you! Now go learn a new chord on the piano. That way, you'll know TWO! "
Old 06-25-2017, 01:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
Darn gingers! How frustrating for you...I'm sorry. I wondered if you got the roses in, as I thought you mentioned that, yet I'm sad that you didn't get the 'moment' with C.

Interesting about the sparse crowd, as I'm nervous they'll start to cancel shows. However, they both look happy in the videos & I hope they hang in there for the thrill of it. I don't recall ever seeing C so radiant and in the moment, dancing around, etc. What a change from 97!

And, I'm sure she was given /accepted the roses & felt the love!
I seriously doubt they'd cancel shows. It's not like it's going to break their piggie banks. Lindsey is used to his "12 fans".

And really, there was a LOT of love going on with those of us there. I'd be amazed if they canceled any.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

During BTM tour in 1990, my friend threw a stuffed bear on stage, Christine grabbed it and gestured that she would give it to Stevie. My friend yelled "NO! It's for you!" and Christine smiled and hugged the bear, taking it with her. Everone around was going "Awwwww" for quite awhile. So cute.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
During BTM tour in 1990, my friend threw a stuffed bear on stage, Christine grabbed it and gestured that she would give it to Stevie. My friend yelled "NO! It's for you!" and Christine smiled and hugged the bear, taking it with her. Everone around was going "Awwwww" for quite awhile. So cute.
That's very sweet! There were several people down front last night, who kept yelling, "I love you Christine"

My eyes might have filled with tears a couple times last night. If they did though, I wouldn't admit it. Nope, it didn't happen.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:48 AM

Quote:
That's very sweet! There were several people down front last night, who kept yelling, "I love you Christine"

My eyes might have filled with tears a couple times last night. If they did though, I wouldn't admit it. Nope, it didn't happen.
I told you not to stair at the stares when there are so many other things to stair at these days... (spellings intentional)
Old 06-25-2017, 05:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

Thanks for the mini review! Also thank you for the incredible gesture to Christine. I feel for you that you did not get your moment with her. I saw something exactly like this happen during her 1984 solo tour. There were a few single roses or tiny stuff animals some in the crowd gave her. During the end of Songbird someone threw their newly bought Christine McVie tour shirt on top of her piano. She picked it up and said thank you "just my size." As she took the center stage for bows, this guy appears in the far end of the stage with this huge white box filled with roses. She missed them completely. The crowd was frantic and trying to get her attention for this guy to have his moment. But sadly she left the stage. A roadie with head gear came out and grabbed the box and actually ran back stage. So I am fairly certain she got them. I am sure she got your roses too. Thank you so much!
I am saddened by the small turn out
Old 06-25-2017, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I told you not to stair at the stares when there are so many other things to stair at these days... (spellings intentional)
She's a poet's inspiration.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 06-25-2017 at 09:48 AM..
Old 06-25-2017, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for the mini review! Also thank you for the incredible gesture to Christine. I feel for you that you did not get your moment with her. I saw something exactly like this happen during her 1984 solo tour. There were a few single roses or tiny stuff animals some in the crowd gave her. During the end of Songbird someone threw their newly bought Christine McVie tour shirt on top of her piano. She picked it up and said thank you "just my size." As she took the center stage for bows, this guy appears in the far end of the stage with this huge white box filled with roses. She missed them completely. The crowd was frantic and trying to get her attention for this guy to have his moment. But sadly she left the stage. A roadie with head gear came out and grabbed the box and actually ran back stage. So I am fairly certain she got them. I am sure she got your roses too. Thank you so much!
I am saddened by the small turn out
Thank you. My fear in buying them was just that, that she wouldn't acknowledge them. Hopefully she did get them! But even if my moment wouldn't possibly happen...I HAD to try. How many more chances am I going to get? The band of my life is going to be winding down, sooner than later. This was probably the closest I'll ever be, to show my love to her (and the rest of them, but she's always been my #1).
Old 06-25-2017, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Me too.

I never expected a call, of course. I wrote a nice heartfelt message about "thanks for FM being the sound track to my life, and you are the heart and soul of FM, and always have been...."

Then, in my moment of desperation, on the back of the card I wrote something like, "if you'd ever feel like talking, here's my number". Yes, I feel stupid and childish telling y'all this, but like I said, it was a moment of desperation. My childhood heroes are getting up there, and more than anything, I want them (her) to know the love I feel. That's How I Feel About You!
No need to feel stupid or childish. Clearly those 5 people (together or individually) mean a lot to us. If not, we wouldn't be here.

I'm sure I'm gonna feel the same way when I see her and Lindsey. I'll probably start crying. They were/are an important part of our lives and I'm truly proud of that.

It was a nice gesture to offer your ear if she ever needs to talk to someone. She should stop by here so we can all say 'hi!'
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I seriously doubt they'd cancel shows. It's not like it's going to break their piggie banks. Lindsey is used to his "12 fans".

And really, there was a LOT of love going on with those of us there. I'd be amazed if they canceled any.
yup. i can't tell for sure, but i think Raleigh was at least about 70% full, with tons of love shared between the performers and the audience, and that was after the show was started late because of the heavy rain, yet people just put on some rain ponchos and happily braved the rain.

Quote:
That's very sweet! There were several people down front last night, who kept yelling, "I love you Christine".
several guys upfront in Raleigh kept yelling "you're so sexy Christine!" and "you're the Man" to Lindsey so definitely lots of love was coming at them, people were yelling thank you for coming to Raleigh, thank you for doing this etc.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"