Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-26-2003, 03:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Short Meadowlands Review

I posted this already on the "I'm new here" thread, but in case people haven't read that one, I wanted to share the cool stuff I remember from the show tonight again. I can't do a song-by-song review because I'm exhausted and hyped up on caffeine at the same time, so my memory is shot. But here are some goodies:

During Landslide a woman in the front row held up a "Happy Birthday Stevie" sign and Stevie began holding up her hand, opening and closing it with her fingers extended, as in 55. (I think that this was around the "I'm getting older too" part). Some of the audience sang Happy Birthday to her at the end of the song. She just beamed at the audience and said "What a voice!" when we finished singing. It was adorable.

She did the higher/yelling "take me like the wind" part in Rhiannon. It was very energetic and just excellent.

I was sitting Lindsey's side and he was very clearly singing along with Stevie during Stand Back. She did some excellent Stand Back twirls.

She mouthed to Lindsey "If I could, baby I'd give you my world" during Go Your Own Way.

Mick's vest didn't work for his drum solo! Thank GOD!! He started hitting it and when it didn't work a tech came out and tried to fix the cord, but it didn't work, so he just went back to his drumset. Stevie had to rush out to get to her mic in time to start singing again.

Lindsey dedicated NGBA to William and Leelee, who he said had never seen him perform live and were there tonight.

Ooh, and funniest of all, when Lindsey introduced Peacekeeper, he said "This is the first single off of MY new album...." Stevie just stood there looking at him with her hands on her hips, looking very amusedly annoyed.

That's all I remember now. I'll add more if I think of anything else after I get some rest.
Old 05-26-2003, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wow, it sounds like a terrific show! I'm SO jealous! I can't wait until I get to see them again next month!

Thanks for the review!

Old 05-26-2003, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the review..I love the S/L interactions..they are so cute! Sounds like the show was full of happenings.
I wonder if anyone saw Lindsey's family in the audience?

Tamara

5 days till Nashville!!!

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 05-26-2003, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hehe, I wonder what it's like for the kids to watch their dad completely spazz out in front of thousands?

I think I jinxed Mick. At some point yesterday after reading something about his vest solo I thought to myself, "I wonder if that vest has ever failed?" Oops.

Thanks for posting your review!
Old 05-26-2003, 12:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

I was there last night as well....it was an amazing show...I have to say that I was never a huge John McVie fan, but his base playing was unbelievable....it is way more powerful in person....also Lindsay's guitar playing was awesome.....but of course the best part was the singing.....Stevie's voice was in top notch form and the range was great...she went up quite high a few times and the harmonies were splendid.

I must confess I bought a t-shirt...the blue one...I was not happy about the price, but hey you only live once.

For all the people who have posted that they are not as "into" the band because of all of the fan club nonsense, I urge you to reconsider. Last night I got to see one of my favorite bands and no one could ever ruin that experience for me. I only hope they come to the Garden or Hartford so I can see them again.....
Old 05-26-2003, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey's kids

My friend and I were sitting 5th row all the way on the right floor and we saw both of Lindsey's children backstage during Mick's drum solo. They were both being carried by two women who I did not recognize over to where Lindsey was sitting during the solo. Little William looked so excited to see his dad on stage! He kept pointing and reaching toward him. And Leelee looked a little nervous. I was surprised though to see that she has BLOND BLOND hair....so blond it was almost white! So adorable, both of them.

I did not spot Kristen last night, but we saw her at Nassau colliseum on friday night, walking back and forth between backstage and her seat in the crowd. Her hair was long and wavy and darker blond, and pulled into a clip on the top of her head. She looked alright. Not what I thought though from the BTM footage. It was defintely her though.

Kristin
Old 05-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Lindsey's kids

Quote:
Originally posted by kristin
Little William looked so excited to see his dad on stage! He kept pointing and reaching toward him.
How cute! I bet he will have some awesome memories of seeing his daddy adored by all. Plus to experience what we all experience seeing it live and then he gets the joy of going home with him..lol.

Thanks for the update

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 05-26-2003, 04:41 PM
Junior Ledgie

hey all. i was taking photos at the show last nite and lindseys kids sat behind me. very very cute but i did not try to talk to them as it was very loud and i had a job to do. the show was amazing and lindseys performance was so intense it brought tears to my eyes. i wish they played longer--does anyone know if they came back out for a 2nd encore after dont stop? thanks.
Old 05-26-2003, 06:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

yes they did.....Goodbye Baby
Old 05-26-2003, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick's vest

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
I think I jinxed Mick. At some point yesterday after reading something about his vest solo I thought to myself, "I wonder if that vest has ever failed?" Oops.

Whatever you did to Mick, thank you! This was the fourth show I saw, and seeing that drum solo once was more than enough!
Old 05-26-2003, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Lindsey's kids

Quote:
Originally posted by kristin
My friend and I were sitting 5th row all the way on the right floor ....
My friend and I were sitting in the 3rd row on the right, seats 3 and 4! Too bad I was paying attention to what there was of the drum solo and totally missed seeing the kids!

btw, were you by any chance wearing a white tshirt with Lindsey/Stevie/Mick/John written on it in sort of a square pattern and had 2 guy friends in the second row? If so, I liked your shirt! If not, sorry! lol