Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Interesting thought

It occurred to me just now. I think it was an interesting thought. Suppose there was a scheduling conflict with Lindsey solo tour and Fleetwood Mac tour. After Lindsey and Mac have finished their respective tours, that conflict will no longer exist.

So Lindsey may come on back.

Discuss.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

WHO, having any shred of dignity, would go back?

I'd lose most of my respect for him, if he did.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I would respect him all the more for being the bigger person and rescuing the band.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There seems to be genuine bad blood between them. Even if it were reparable the current tour probably wouldn't finish until the end of 2019 or even 2020 (assuming Europe/Australasia). Stevie then has at least 2 years off for 'Stevie time' so no reunion would likely be possible until around 2022. By that time Christine will be 79 and John will be a genuine geriatric.

They might one day reunite for a one off concert or series of events. Aside from that, I think we have to assume it really is over.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-08-2018, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope he doesn't go back no matter what happens. I don't want anything getting in the way of his solo material.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LB has been pretty classy through this. He doesn’t seem to want to burn the bridge. I’m sure he still cares about the reputation of the band.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
There seems to be genuine bad blood between them. Even if it were reparable the current tour probably wouldn't finish until the end of 2019 or even 2020 (assuming Europe/Australasia). Stevie then has at least 2 years off for 'Stevie time' so no reunion would likely be possible until around 2022. By that time Christine will be 79 and John will be a genuine geriatric.

They might one day reunite for a one off concert or series of events. Aside from that, I think we have to assume it really is over.

I'll just second this. Seems to cover all the bases of the current situation in Macdom right now. There's really not a lot of time left.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
I hope he doesn't go back no matter what happens. I don't want anything getting in the way of his solo material.
same. he wasted way too much time waiting for them (SN) to make up their mind about this or that new album or tour already, or doing endless greatest hits tours, in hope maybe she'll be open to joining the rest of the 4 on new material at some point. he's free now, even if not by his own free will, and he should just keep blasting ahead full steam!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
LB has been pretty classy through this. He doesn’t seem to want to burn the bridge. I’m sure he still cares about the reputation of the band.
agree. unlike the rest of them.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-08-2018, 02:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

If it happened, I’d feel worse about the band than I do now. The damage is done.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I'm selfish

For selfish reasons, I would love to see Lindsey back with Fleetwood Mac because that is the Mac I fell in love with when I first heard the "Fleetwood Mac" album. When Christine came back into the band, I got the opportunity to see the "Rumours" lineup four times and each time was magic. Yes, they have all aged some, but there was magic all around them and I loved every moment and every song. I thought earlier this year that I was going to get the chance to see the "five" again - but I have accepted that I will have to live with my wonderful memories and bootlegs.

But, if Lindsey was truly fired (although that isn't the word Mick used), then why would he even consider getting back with the band. It seems to me that just would never happen - if I was Lindsey I wouldn't go back, but just keep moving forward. Makes me sad that whatever went down, and a lot of things over the years have went down with this band, that the end result would be no Lindsey. Dammit Fleetwood Mac.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At this point Lindsey should just focus on solo projects. As we have all said time is not on their side. THE BAND of MISSED OPPORTUNITIES. If Stevie would have added to the Fleetwood Mac album(BuckMcVie) there would have been a world tour that Lindsey would have shelved is solo gig for but nooooooooooooooooo. I supported the Burnette/Vito line up but that was 30 years ago and pre Dance. It’s just not the same now.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yep, they could have done the last album as the last FM album--- with Chris back really SN would have had her 3 songs, even maybe 4, not had to be full time in the studio with Lindsey, and they would have done the tour and then she could have fully washed her hands of them if that's her desire.

But maybe it's better karma this way--- she has to go out there now and fulfill the tour and play to less than full houses and lots and lots of help from the sound guys to not totally embarrass herself each night. (I shudder thinking of the tours in the what, late 90s or so where they did that awful, almost doubling electronic effect on her voice... on both the solo and FM tours.....horrid).

But then again, she just might love the fact that it gives her more sh&t to b&tch about Lindsey about.... "If Lindsey hadn't messed up the tour" "If Lindsey had been reasonable that awful tour wouldn't have happened". Of course for now she'll be her good PR self and say how wonderful/fabulous/fantastic/best shows we've ever done/so exciting with new people / blah blah crap. Until it's done. Then you'll hear how much she hated it. ESPECIALLY if it doesn't sell as well. Then she'll really "hate" it. Her decision of liking/not liking something comes after the fact when she sees how well it sells or not.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Yep, they could have done the last album as the last FM album--- with Chris back really SN would have had her 3 songs, even maybe 4, not had to be full time in the studio with Lindsey, and they would have done the tour and then she could have fully washed her hands of them if that's her desire.
Yes. This is the first time they could have realistically had exactly the same number of songs. Up to Tango the focus had been vinyl so it was determined by song length. This could have been the first time they'd all had 4 songs on an album, or maybe even 5 and nobody would have cared less.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I would respect him all the more for being the bigger person and rescuing the band.
And I think he generally is the bigger person these days....

I just want SN to get on her hands and knees and sincerely apologise and grovel .....followed by Mick
#Notgonnahappen.....but it's fun to dream