Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Mojo magazine interview

There is a interesting interview in Mojo magazine with Stevie. She talks about the problems in the bad. My personal opinion is that she contradicts Carol Ann version of certain of events with Lindsey. For example; the insident when Lindsey kicked Stevie. She states that Lindsey just walk over to her and kicked her and threw his guitar at her. Who knows what really happened.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, in the past when Stevie talked about this incident, she didn't know WHAT Lindsey did to her. She said he came over and did something to her. Both she and Mick knew he did something to her with his foot, because he had a guitar in his hands. So, he couldn't do it with his hands. So, for years Stevie said he did something to her because she was dancing during his guitar solo. Then, the farther away she got from the incident, the more she remembered. She eventually recalled that he kicked her specifically. So, she talked about that when asked about this subject, pretty consistently.

But then, it wasn't until she and Lindsey did an interview with Mojo for the SYW tour that she remembered that Lindsey threw his guitar at her. She said, "remember when you threw that Les Paul at me?" Since it was a joint interview and he was there with her, I guess he did throw a guitar at her at one point. Although, the way Mojo wrote the story, it wasn't clear who was speaking, Lindsey or Stevie. I didn't know if Stevie threw a guitar at Lindsey or vice versa. So, that was about 4 years ago.

THEN, the story gets more detailed when Stevie goes to Australia last year. She gives interviews and says that Lindsey kicked her and then threw his guitar at her and she ducked and it missed her. Now, in the newest Mojo for this month she says that if she hadn't been so athletic and ducked, that the guitar would have killed her because it weighed so much. This happened about 25 years ago and the story gets more amazing each time I hear it. There's this whole Ang Lee thing going on now. Stevie will have herself levitating in the air in slow motion to miss the flying guitar the next time she describes what happened.

The band has always talked about Lindsey doing something to Stevie on stage with his feet, kicked her, flicked her, I don't know. I think it's obvious that that happened, because they have talked about it consistently for decades. But this addition to the story with him throwing the guitar . . . I'm sure he threw a guitar at her at some point in their lives and Carol says that Stevie also threw a guitar in a fit of anger because Carol interrupted a music lesson that Lindsey was giving Stevie. I'm sure there was lots of guitar throwing over the years, but I don't know if Lindsey threw the guitar the same time he kicked her onstage, because if he had, I don't think Stevie would have waited until 2003 to discuss it for the first time, since she's been telling the whole kicking story for a lot longer than that.

Michele
Old 09-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This happened about 25 years ago and the story gets more amazing each time I hear it. There's this whole Ang Lee thing going on now. Stevie will have herself levitating in the air in slow motion to miss the flying guitar the next time she describes what happened.
Michele
If I ran Hollywood, somebody would be making a Fleetwood Mac movie right now!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
If I ran Hollywood, somebody would be making a Fleetwood Mac movie right now!

And if I had a hand in it, it would be a COMEDY!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
And if I had a hand in it, it would be a COMEDY!
That's not a bad idea! Doug McGrath could do it!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie will have herself levitating in the air in slow motion to miss the flying guitar the next time she describes what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
That's not a bad idea! Doug McGrath could do it!
lol omg. Are we thinking of the same Doug McGrath here?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, in the past when Stevie talked about this incident, she didn't know WHAT Lindsey did to her. She said he came over and did something to her. Both she and Mick knew he did something to her with his foot, because he had a guitar in his hands. So, he couldn't do it with his hands. So, for years Stevie said he did something to her because she was dancing during his guitar solo. Then, the farther away she got from the incident, the more she remembered. She eventually recalled that he kicked her specifically. So, she talked about that when asked about this subject, pretty consistently.
Michele, I love this post of yours, but I just want to add that Stevie never mentioned this incident(s) before Mick's 1990 book was published. That book is the first time I ever heard any discussion of any such thing occurring, & Mick paints the whole scenario as binge drinking rather than anything emotionally or physically deeper.

Quote:
But then, it wasn't until she and Lindsey did an interview with Mojo for the SYW tour that she remembered that Lindsey threw his guitar at her. She said, "remember when you threw that Les Paul at me?" Since it was a joint interview and he was there with her, I guess he did throw a guitar at her at one point. Although, the way Mojo wrote the story, it wasn't clear who was speaking, Lindsey or Stevie. I didn't know if Stevie threw a guitar at Lindsey or vice versa. So, that was about 4 years ago.
It was all so rattlebrained in recent years that I began to wonder whether she & he were remembering separate, unrelated incidences.

Quote:
THEN, the story gets more detailed when Stevie goes to Australia last year. She gives interviews and says that Lindsey kicked her and then threw his guitar at her and she ducked and it missed her. Now, in the newest Mojo for this month she says that if she hadn't been so athletic and ducked, that the guitar would have killed her because it weighed so much. This happened about 25 years ago and the story gets more amazing each time I hear it. There's this whole Ang Lee thing going on now. Stevie will have herself levitating in the air in slow motion to miss the flying guitar the next time she describes what happened.
I love it! Your description is a hoot.

Quote:
The band has always talked about Lindsey doing something to Stevie on stage with his feet, kicked her, flicked her, I don't know. I think it's obvious that that happened, because they have talked about it consistently for decades.
Again, I have to disagree only with this small point. I don't think there was ever a mention of it until the 1990 "My Life & Adventures." Mick also makes (well, Mick & Stephen Davis, that is) a telling point in his pentimento: He says that after the New Zealand concert in question, there was some sort of run-of-the-mill press conference, & Mick said that none of the reporters who were watching the gig thought anything was wrong. The consensus was that it was part of the act, or just a joke. Now, you have to ask yourself, if the lead guitarist throws a guitar at the willowy lead female vocalist, it would register a little differently on the observers, to say the least.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Again, I have to disagree only with this small point. I don't think there was ever a mention of it until the 1990 "My Life & Adventures."

You're right. I haven't seen any interviews which discuss the incident before Mick's book. So, in 1997 Stevie tells Rolling Stone: "We had some kind of a fight, and he came over, might have kicked me, did something to me, and we stopped the show. He went off, and we all ran at breakneck speed back to the dressing room to see who could kill him first."

Talk about the theory of evolution. How that story has grown from then to now. Honestly, I'm not saying Lindsey never threw a guitar at the woman. He might be beating her with a guitar right now, as I type. But I guarantee you he didn't throw a guitar at her that night in New Zealand.

Michele
Old 09-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He might be beating her with a guitar right now, as I type. But I guarantee you he didn't throw a guitar at her that night in New Zealand.

Michele

I agree completely. Stevie is also talking about "killing" every three words in interviews when she spoons up stories about lindsey. She might have killed him more times than he owns guitars. Including the "never-ever-been-thrown-ones".

Old 09-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie will have herself levitating in the air in slow motion to miss the flying guitar the next time she describes what happened.
Will you come clean my monitor for me?

But hey, that's Stevie's M.O. Every incident gets more elusive, more dramatic, more vehement and more impetuous with every account. I have no doubt in my mind that she could write a bestselling romantic fantasy suspense/thriller novel. She might get Spielberg to turn it into a movie.

But no, she didn't get a guitar thrown at her. At recording sessions? Probably. But never on stage. For what it's worth, CAH didn't make any mention of Lindsey trying to murder Stevie with a guitar either, and believe me, she definitely wouldn't have let the opportunity to mention that pass.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Classic albums DVD

In the DVD about Rumours, which I'm sure you've all seen, she says he attacked her. But she did something pretty terrible before that. I can't quite remember. Whatever Lindsey did, um, who cares, and I forgive him. Ms. Nicks didn't seem that mad either.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forshorn View Post
In the DVD about Rumours, which I'm sure you've all seen, she says he attacked her. But she did something pretty terrible before that. I can't quite remember. Whatever Lindsey did, um, who cares, and I forgive him. Ms. Nicks didn't seem that mad either.
well, that's another story about years later: the moment Lindsey said he couldn't do the Tango tour. Stevie went for him physicly and he countered in a not so chique way. It got ugly like John said...making a stranglemovement with his hands... no guitars involved.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, we don't know whether John meant Lindsey or Stevie when he made that strangle motion with his hands, because Stevie was just on the CBS morning show this year and when she said "well he didn't just get violent with me" and described how she attacked him, didn't she make a motion with her hands? Actually, I think the band was there when Stevie went after Lindsey, but then when he chased her out of the house and threw her over the car, I don't know if the band was still around. They might have stayed inside. She said their managers pulled them apart. I was never sure who John was imitating with the strangle motion. Michele