The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-08-2018, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Closing another chapter.......What will you miss most?

So I have always loved all the chapters of Fleetwood Mac but my favorite being the fab 5.My all time second favorite band has always been Crowded House so you can only imagine what I’m going through..........

What I will miss from this chapter...

1. Recordings with Buckingham. He made these albums amazing...I will include SYW and BM...even though all 5 weren’t present.

2. Live ... when promoting new music and adding new tracks and ones never performed and making the live shows fresh.

3.The chance that a new album would be released by these 5.

4.That this would be the “last” chapter of this band and end this amazing “ “Dance” on a high note.

Last edited by BLY; 08-09-2018 at 05:27 AM..
Old 08-08-2018, 10:47 PM

I will miss Buckingham/McVie. They really make each other shine in such a profound circular organic process. Seriously, I really believe they were meant to write together. And their stage behavior with each other is a gem, too. They truly respected each other.

I will miss the pull of Buckingham to make FM better. Christine has always been solid. Her BTM material was great. Even her vocal on "In The Back of My Mind" puts the sunshine in that song.

But Nicks' material on BTM and No Questions asked. Ehhhhhh... Let's hope Mike can make her sound good. I'm the one person that really enjoys, When I See You Again. I think Lindsey knew what to do with her, even when she was floundering.

I actually like most of her SYW contributions, but again, she had LB.

I will miss the tension of the 5 as a whole that made the band interesting. Even when they were playing the same bull****.

I will miss the magic.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I will NOT miss the maddening frustration of these five almost recording a follow up to TITN on several occasions. In this sense, I’m glad the fab five are over. At least there’s no more reason to pull our hair out asking why these five people cannot get it together for one incredible last album.

However, I will miss that possibility. Even when all reason told me they would never make new music in the form of a full new album. I still held out hope that creativity would prevail. LB/CM came as close to fulfilling that dream as possible. And yes, it was a great alternative.

I will miss hoping they would stretch out a little and work harder to break their repetitive, predictable setlists. I will miss the ways in which LB and SN balanced one another—his intelligence and creative drive against her shallow narcissism; her warmth and easy allure to his occasionally cold and paranoid affect.

I will miss the hope of a second BuckVie album.

So...as you see...what I’m really missing is the potential of the Rumours five to do something substantial together. But even if LB stayed, there’s little likelihood new music and a more adventurous approach to touring would have resulted.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ethics and common human decency.

Once people start behaving thusly, that's it for me.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
.That this would be the “last” chapter of this band and end this amazing “Dance” on a high note.
You made me realize that Lindsey's final three major albums with the band have titles related to dancing:

- Tango In The Night - 1987
- The Dance - 1997
- Say You Will (the whole chorus of the title song is about getting someone to dance) - 2003

Maybe it's a sign that they will all reunite one day on Dancing with the Stars...
Old 08-09-2018, 03:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Maybe it's a sign that they will all reunite one day on Dancing with the Stars...
That one definitely made me laugh out loud, thank you....laughter is good therapy for being a fan of this band

Shame that Lindsey HATES dancing
Old 08-09-2018, 03:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What will I miss most?

Nothing at all.

This fake drama about a band that should have
called it quits after Say You Will is getting old
to me fast. I can hardly participate anymore.

As far as the 5 go, I'm only interested in what
Lindsey cares to put out musically.

Free, free at last...
Old 08-09-2018, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will miss the chemistry they all have---you can't fake that. I will miss their live shows, truly incredible. I will miss the chemistry they have with the fans. I will miss the generations of people that know, appreciate, and show up to their shows to hear the music these 5 created, sung by the 5 that created it. I will miss what could have been. There's still a lot of "life" in most of them.
I will miss Fleetwood Mac
Old 08-09-2018, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That Lindsey OWNS the show. Casual fans think it's all Old Goat Breath, but they leave the live show completely wowed by Lindsey. His energy and musical style(the one that DEFINES the FM sound) is unparalleled, and will be sorely missed.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will miss being a fan of one of the VERY FEW bands from the 70's or even the 80's that still had all of their original members in one equation or another. I came aboard in '97 and there was no comparison when hearing the Billy Burnette era material. Even as a young kid at the time, I could tell the difference. Nothing agains Vito and Burnette, but trying to play Buckingham's guitar parts just didn't work, it's just not the same sound or tone that made '75 era Fleetwood Mac what it was.

There was something special about their ability to come together and still play despite all the odds that were against them. All of the Stevie and Lindsey shipping aside, I still think there was always a sense of the music and respect for one another prevailing above all else.

Perhaps it's due to becoming a fan during the "reunion" themed time (1997) but the magic of that reunion stayed lit well, well after that tour had come and gone. I'm going all out Anthony Bourdain here...but folks who became fans due to The Dance, I think their fandom came with an additional framework that I can't quite come to describe. Perhaps it's because many of us heard the 97 material and worked our way backwards through the material and history. There was a 4 year stretch between the end of the dance tour and that first gig together minus Christine in 2001. A lot of folks thought they were done, that was it. It made the years working up to the release of Say You Will super exciting because it was a gift nobody thought would happen again.

I guess that's what I'll miss - somehow the band that tried to keep it together since 1997 and the thought that the dark days were long behind them.

Last edited by BigAl84; 08-09-2018 at 08:37 AM..
Old 08-10-2018, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll miss the collaborative efforts of Chris and Lindsey, backed by the awesome rhythm section of Mick and John. I'll miss a Tango II or a BuckVie II. And the three part harmonies of Chris, Lindsey, and Stevie.

THIS

AND THIS

Last edited by jwd; 08-10-2018 at 06:31 PM..
Old 08-10-2018, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

AND I'LL MISS THIS

DEDICATED TO MY FELLOW LEDGIE mitzo
Old 08-10-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

AND DEFINITELY THIS

Old 08-10-2018, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 08-12-2018, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will not miss anything, really, to me it was over years ago when it became obvious there would be no new recording and only endless oldies tours. I am more optimistic now than I have been since SYW. Sick of pretending it is still 1982 and happy we may get something new from this new lineup.