The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Poor Jacob, he's going to have to slosh through all this junk to tabulate the results.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Yes, I do. Like much of the album, Family Man is overproduced, IMO.

- Jake
But Seven Wonders isn't?
Old 08-03-2004, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Yours, however, has obviously taken to typing nonsense.
Dissention, I'm with you on this argument of course, but I must take a time out here and congratulate Johnny Stew on a very funny comment. Well done.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Again, her apology still does not negate the fact that she was barely there.
I don't recall anyone ever arguing to the contrary. And yet, you still continue not-so-artfully dodging your convenient ommission of Stevie's apology for the "bitching" incident you were so quick to point out.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't recall anyone ever arguing to the contrary. And yet, you still continue not-so-artfully dodging your convenient ommission of Stevie's apology for the "bitching" incident you were so quick to point out.
Because it has no value in this discussion. She may have apologized, but it does nothing to shift attention from what she was actually bitching about: her lack of participation in album that will forever be associated with her.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Dissention, I'm with you on this argument of course, but I must take a time out here and congratulate Johnny Stew on a very funny comment. Well done.
Thank you, thank you.

I'll bring you over from the dark-side yet, Carne.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
It was good, I couldn't even come up with a response. That's how good it was.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Because it has no value in this discussion. She may have apologized, but it does nothing to shift attention from what she was actually bitching about: her lack of participation in album that will forever be associated with her.
So the fact that the woman flat-out admitted that it was her fault for not being around more, and apologized for that and for "bitching" about it, has no value to you?

What a pity Stevie can't apologize to you personally for letting you down so badly.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So the fact that the woman flat-out admitted that it was her fault for not being around more, and apologized for that and for "bitching" about it, has no value to you?

What a pity Stevie can't apologize to you personally for letting you down so badly.
Nope. She wasn't there, she bitched about it, then apologized because she knew she knew it was her own fault for not being there. I don't see the big deal.

It is a pity. But such is life.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I think he's wrong in the context that he was using. The way he said it, it was as if he honestly thought that the album wouldn't sell if they didn't tour. That's just bull, IMO.

The band still likes to use the "we're touring to promote our record" line with the current tour, and we all know that their tour really did nothing for the SYW album sales.
According to his book he was also basing it on the recent experience of Mirage.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
As hard as it is, I gotta agree with Dissention here. I think Stevie had a small part in the success of that album, but Tango is Lindsey and Christine's baby. Seven Wonders is pretty good, but a) she didn't write it b) her vocals are pretty weak and c) it charted lower than Big Love, Little Lies, and Everywhere. And that was her best song on the album. I love Stevie, but the Tango period was just not her best.
I agree it was not her best period, but the fact remain that in the mid-'80s Stevie was a big name and brought many fans to that album.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
According to his book he was also basing it on the recent experience of Mirage.

- Jake
I think the reason Mirage didn't sell that well (it still sold millions and landed at #1) was because it had been three years since the last Mac album and people were worried about buying another Tusk.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree it was not her best period, but the fact remain that in the mid-'80s Stevie was a big name and brought many fans to that album.

- Jake
I refuse to take the bait and argue over how her popularity had diminished considerably by the time Tango rolled around.

Old 08-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

As cold as it is, it's really quite welcoming, wouldn't you say?
I'm sure that's a line you've used more than once in another context (and not successfully).

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Nope. She wasn't there, she bitched about it, then apologized because she knew she knew it was her own fault for not being there. I don't see the big deal.
It's not a "big deal," only in the fact that you made mention of her "bitching," but ignored the fact that she apologized for the incident that you were so quick to chastize her for.

I guess no one is allowed to accept responsibility and say, "I was wrong."
Once you've done something, that's that, and there's no forgiveness.