User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
If Stevie records with FM with Froom producing that will be the ultimate slap ...she could have recorded with Froom doing her songs with Lindsey and Christine and everyone else on what was supposed to be FM album.
Yes, I would also be surprised if they used Mitchell Froom... didn't he work with Lindsey to produce the Extended Play album? Not that he did a bad job, but it's hard to judge since there were only 4 songs and who knows how much Froom was actually involved. However, Froom has worked with Crowded House in the past so there is a connection.

It's way too early, but if FM did record a new album, I would love to see/hear what Patrick Leonard could do with FM again. He produced Love Shines and Heart of Stone and did an incredible job. Christine's music sounded different than anything I'd heard from her before, and it would be intriguing to see what he could do with Stevie's material as well.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So excited about the possibility of new music from Stevie and Chris, even if it's just a slim possibility at the moment. Fingers crossed it happens.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
If they do make new music the perfect producer would be Mitchell Froom - he did loads of work with Neil (and his brother Tim) and co-produced three tracks on the BuckVie album although I notice they were all Lindsey compositions so probably a bit ironic.
Froom was my first thought, too.

I also like the idea of Patrick Leonard, but Mick said he was a very, very expensive producer.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-08-2018, 08:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Not about the Mac but I thought interesting about the Rolling Stones. This is something that has worked well for them. https://theconversation.com/rolling-...r-no-one-92556

Excerpt:

"Returning, or retreating, to the blues that influenced them initially seems both a natural and a strategic move. Strategic in that it taps into a lineage of long-running performers that predates rock. But also natural enough given that the blues has been a musical thread throughout their albums and shows... For an act such as the Stones, harking back to their musical roots may be a way of aligning their musical development with its own antecedents, at the same time as allowing for a mode of performance less reliant on the physicality of their younger days. Paying tribute to the past – both their own, and musical history more broadly – is a means of carrying it forward. Time may be on their side after all."
Old 05-13-2018, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If this is a true " New band" we need new music. I'm such a huge Finn fan and would love to see what they come up with.The one thing I will say about every single Fleetwood Mac album is that everyone has its appeal to me in its own right. If the "legacy" of FM moves on a new album will need to be produced.....not an ep or a digital release an actual ALBUM.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
If this is a true " New band" we need new music. I'm such a huge Finn fan and would love to see what they come up with.The one thing I will say about every single Fleetwood Mac album is that everyone has its appeal to me in its own right. If the "legacy" of FM moves on a new album will need to be produced.....not an ep or a digital release an actual ALBUM.
Mitchell Froom is very close friends with Neil Finn so he may end up being a good fit.

He's a talented producer who lets musicians share in the creative/production process. Mitchell produced the first three Crowded House albums including "Woodface".

Neil likes to tell the story that Mitchell Froom was the one who helped him finish his song "Fall At Your Feet". Neil had the verses and the chorus but they were two separate songs. Mitchell suggested that Neil pair the verses with the chorus into one song and they tried it and out came the "Fall At Your Feet" that ended up on Woodface.

And, as I've mentioned, I've been told that the new Fleetwood Mac lineup is planning to record some new material this summer with the hope to release it prior to the upcoming tour. I would guess that it turns out to be an EP of 3-4 songs but I'm sure it will depend what emerges.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Mitchell Froom is very close friends with Neil Finn so he may end up being a good fit.
Mitchell Froom is also Lindsey Buckingham's neighbor, and a producer / co-producer of following songs:

Sad Angel / Fleetwood Mac
Miss Fantasy / Fleetwood Mac
In My World / Buckingham McVie
Lay Down for Free / Buckingham McVie
On with the Show / Buckingham McVie

Lindsey asked Froom to produce Fleetwood Mac album in 2012. the Fleetwood Mac album Stevie Nicks consistently refused to participate in from 2012 through the end of 2016. at the time Nicks didn't think Froom is a good fit, apparently. it will be interesting if she changes her mind on Froom, too, now.

but i figure every Fleetwood Mac fan already knows all this.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-27-2018, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Mitchell Froom is also Lindsey Buckingham's neighbor, and a producer / co-producer of following songs:

Sad Angel / Fleetwood Mac
Miss Fantasy / Fleetwood Mac
In My World / Buckingham McVie
Lay Down for Free / Buckingham McVie
On with the Show / Buckingham McVie

Lindsey asked Froom to produce Fleetwood Mac album in 2012. the Fleetwood Mac album Stevie Nicks consistently refused to participate in from 2012 through the end of 2016. at the time Nicks didn't think Froom is a good fit, apparently. it will be interesting if she changes her mind on Froom, too, now.

but i figure every Fleetwood Mac fan already knows all this.
My understanding is that Stevie hasn't wanted to record a new Fleetwood Mac album no matter who the producer is; that her refusal to participate wasn't about Mitchell Froom. And, of course, I know about Mitchell's projects. He's produced a ton of artists over the years. And Lindsey just sold his Brentwood house so he and Mitchell are no longer neighbors.