Ticket sales are not exactly stellar.

Tour doesn't start for 5 months.

Radio Silence.

Not sure I understand their premise.

They need to up their game if they want to sell this "new band"
Old 05-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rehearsals

And rehearsals don’t start until August.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
This is gold. Thank you!
Old 05-21-2018, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey is out.

One interview with rolling stone.

Radio Silence.

Hush now, the one calling all the shots for the new band is still grieving Tom...

Old 05-21-2018, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess we just keep pouring venom on the remaining members of the band and worshipping the fired saint, a former abuser of women with anger issues, who wanted to make another FM album which would have been heavily loaded with his own woefully unpopular solo songs which ruined the last several albums and made sales mediocre.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I guess we just keep pouring venom on the remaining members of the band and worshipping the fired saint, a former abuser of women with anger issues, who wanted to make another FM album which would have been heavily loaded with his own woefully unpopular solo songs which ruined the last several albums and made sales mediocre.
If only we had a full album of gems like Silver Girl then they’d have had another Rumours on their hands! Oh wait, that was Anger Mc’busers fault too.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL speaking of pouring venom, did you happen to read your own post?

For the record, this thread was intended to create discussion about the lack of promotion or press for a tour that isn't starting for about 5 months with new band members.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
If only we had a full album of gems like Silver Girl then they’d have had another Rumours on their hands! Oh wait, that was Anger Mc’busers fault too.
In all seriousness, it's interesting to me how divided this board is. I dislike Silver Girl and skip it; a Lindsey fan might say Stevie's songwriting sucks and that's why it's no good, while a Stevie fan might say Lindsey's production sucks and that's why it's no good. I say it's a bad song because it just is. With Thrown Down, Stevie and Lindsey fans might say the exact opposite if they like the song- Stevie is what makes the song good vs Lindsey is what makes the song good. I say it's a good song because it just is. Generally, I admit if I like or dislike a song, I credit (or blame) the songwriter more often than not. And there are definitely a handful of Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine songs that I hate. Not a lot, but definitely a handful. Silver Girl, Family Man, and Honey Hi, are all songs I dislike, but of course plenty of people here like them.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

You know, you're right. She should of had Sandy Stewart write another hit for her.

via GIPHY

Last edited by BigAl84; 05-21-2018 at 11:48 AM..
Old 05-21-2018, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For the record, this thread was intended to create discussion about the lack of promotion or press for a tour that isn't starting for about 5 months with new band members.
I think it makes sense that we won't hear much from the band until late August or early September, and then we'll see a lot of interviews and peeks of the upcoming tour. To do publicity now when they're not doing rehearsals until August would be pointless. Just my opinion. Do people think the timing of the tour and silence right now is a bad idea, or that it's indicative of a problem behind the scenes? I think it's pretty smart to announce the firing of Lindsey and the replacements in quick fashion, along with the tour dates, and then a few months of silence to give folks time to process the lineup changes.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey is out.

One interview with rolling stone.

Radio Silence.

Well I think ticket sales actually seem to be really good. The tour was like 8 of the top 10 selling events last week or something (I don't have the link).

So they had to do the interviews to introduce the new line-up and announce the tour.

In the meantime, there's been this SiriusXM thing which I suspect has been more help than hurt in the album and ticket sales department.

I'm more perturbed by lack of concrete details from the Lindsey camp about the best of and supporting tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think it makes sense that we won't hear much from the band until late August or early September, and then we'll see a lot of interviews and peeks of the upcoming tour. To do publicity now when they're not doing rehearsals until August would be pointless. Just my opinion. Do people think the timing of the tour and silence right now is a bad idea, or that it's indicative of a problem behind the scenes? I think it's pretty smart to announce the firing of Lindsey and the replacements in quick fashion, along with the tour dates, and then a few months of silence to give folks time to process the lineup changes.

Well perhaps the inference is that, as a new band, they should get in the studio and cut an EP ahead of the tour and rehearsals. But they won't.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The fired saint and former abuser also made miracles in the seventies on the barely well-written poems of the one who kept avoiding the stork visit over and over again.... remember that?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There's usually quite a bit of press when there is a tour including lindsey, I just thought it was odd that it's been so low key and they have a new lineup to deal with.

Unless...and I'm not saying this to be inflammatory, they thought low key was the best way to handle it with tickets going on sale etc. Downplay the shakeup etc.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
The fired saint and former abuser also made miracles in the seventies on the barely well-written poems of the one who kept avoiding the stork visit over and over again.... remember that?

You two need a time out.

via GIPHY

Old 05-21-2018, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
In all seriousness, it's interesting to me how divided this board is. I dislike Silver Girl and skip it; a Lindsey fan might say Stevie's songwriting sucks and that's why it's no good, while a Stevie fan might say Lindsey's production sucks and that's why it's no good. I say it's a bad song because it just is. With Thrown Down, Stevie and Lindsey fans might say the exact opposite if they like the song- Stevie is what makes the song good vs Lindsey is what makes the song good. I say it's a good song because it just is. Generally, I admit if I like or dislike a song, I credit (or blame) the songwriter more often than not. And there are definitely a handful of Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine songs that I hate. Not a lot, but definitely a handful. Silver Girl, Family Man, and Honey Hi, are all songs I dislike, but of course plenty of people here like them.
I’m with you on a lot of this. No amount of production could help Silver Girl. The lyrics are dreadful. It’s right up there with When I See You Again’s uninspired turd lyrics. Family Man and Honey Hi are also brutal. And I absolutely can’t stand Only Over You. The beginning is nails on a chalkboard to me.

I also have no issues admitting that whatever was done to Smile at You was a complete shame. The production sucks. But then I hear what Stevie did to If You Were My Love in the many demo iterations post-Mirage up to and including how she played it on tour and I think how the hell could you ruin such a great song (Mirage era)?