Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I know my vote for most unliked new ledge member. ugh
No kidding.....they just can’t seem to grasp how truly unlikeable they are. I don’t get why they don’t just go away.....somewhere far far away. Maybe Finnland.......
Old 06-16-2018, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
This is a rant.
Well, I'm a ledgy for life. I'm here since 2003 and I am as negative as I want here, because this is my Fleetwood Mac living room. Where else can I be myself if not here? I also shared my excitement about FM, the tours, the music, the personalities, everything - with everyone here.

I thought age, illness or the death of one member would be the end of the band, but now it turns out, it is simply greed. Not that I wish any member of the band something bad in their personal life, but this is just so godawful lame, it makes me question my involvement with this band. This greedy MFs do not deserve my loyalty, did they ever? So I'm ending the long and certainly interesting roller-coaster-ride of being a FM fan and I'll do that here, too.

I have never been a fan of Lindsey, his music is not for me, neither is his personality, but I came to respect him a great deal, he gave a lot for this band and has been the sole power who made the band happen for decades. The point that makes me so angry is the absolute lack of respect, the denial of Lindsey's importance, his hard work, creativity, talent and energy, the attempt to extinguish his achievements. I can't deal with backstabbers, liars, opportunists or people who just stand by and let them do their **** (yes, Christine, what about some solidarity?). My expectations regarding the characters of the current bandmembers have been brutally undercut, and since Neil and Mike joined this rotting corpse of integrity, they can't be better. So - what is left of the band? Not even ruins, just debris. That's all.

And I'm complaining about it right here, in my FM living room.
Rant over.

Wow. Well said!

Old 06-16-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
No kidding.....they just can’t seem to grasp how truly unlikeable they are. I don’t get why they don’t just go away.....somewhere far far away. Maybe Finnland.......
Finnland.

Now that's funny!
Old 06-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Finnland.

Now that's funny!
Thank you!!
Old 06-16-2018, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post

Homer may have competition for the King of Snark title!!

Old 06-16-2018, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post

Homer may have competition for the King of Snark title!!
Ho sh*t, I'd better step up my game!
Old 06-16-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
This is a rant.
Well, I'm a ledgy for life. I'm here since 2003 and I am as negative as I want here, because this is my Fleetwood Mac living room. Where else can I be myself if not here? I also shared my exitement about FM, the tours, the music, the personalities, everything - with everyone here.

I thought age, illness or the death of one member would be the end of the band, but now it turns out, it is simply greed. Not that I wish any member of the band something bad in their personal life, but this is just so godawful lame, it makes me question my involvement with this band. This greedy MFs do not deserve my loyalty, did they ever? So I'm ending the long and certainly interesting roller-coaster-ride of being a FM fan and I'll do that here, too.

I have never been a fan of Lindsey, his music is not for me, neither is his personality, but I came to respect him a great deal, he gave alot for this band and has been the sole power who made the band happen for decades. The point that makes me so angry is the absolute lack of respect, the denial of Lindseys importance, his hard work, creativity, talent and energy, the attempt to extinguish his archivements. I can't deal with backstabbers, liars, opportunists or people who just stand by and let them do their **** (yes, Christine, what about some solidarity?). My expectations regarding the characters of the current bandmembers have been brutally undercut, and since Neil and Mike joined this rotting corpse of integrity, they can't be better. So - what is left of the band? Not even ruins, just debris. That's all.

And I'm complaining about it right here, in my FM living room.
Rant over.
I am in total agreement with Sodascouts-- Great post, AncientQueen, with those superbly put paragraphs I think our case has been cemented, and our viewpoint made crystal. You rule.

Old 06-17-2018, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
The two-day event, hosted by Ryan Seacrest, also includes previously announced performers Justin Timberlake, Carrie Underwood, Mariah Carey, Imagine Dragons, Jason Aldean, Sam Smith, Luke Bryan, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Panic! at the Disco, Kelly Clarkson, Shawn Mendes, Kygo, Rae Sremmurd and Logic.
Fleetwood Mac couldn't possibly headline such a lineup. They're playing on the main stage, but they're likely to play ahead of JT, MC, and others. It's a comedown from those big festivals last year on both coasts.

Lynyrd Skynyrd? Didn't they all go down in a plane? And where is DNCE on this bill? And why are country acts mixed in with trendy pop youth acts?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-17-2018, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Fleetwood Mac couldn't possibly headline such a lineup. They're playing on the main stage, but they're likely to play ahead of JT, MC, and others. It's a comedown from those big festivals last year on both coasts.

Lynyrd Skynyrd? Didn't they all go down in a plane? And where is DNCE on this bill? And why are country acts mixed in with trendy pop youth acts?
haha love you! and EXACTLY what i said when i first shared couple of articles about this. of course i did it in post-rumours forum where such articles belong and i got tongue-lashing by some oh-so-positive Nicks worshipper claiming i'm just there to stir trouble and telling me to go away. because, you know i'm the negative one.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-17-2018, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

I thought this too. It's not that it's a bad lineup, it's just quite an odd mix. And then to throw the 70 year olds of Fleetwood Mac into it makes it even odder.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
MoonSister - at this point these negative Lindsey Ledgers won't be happy no matter how great the new lineup sounds in concert or in studio material. Rather than talking sense, they feel like it's only natural to inflict their private universe of pain on us all. To them, the new lineup feels like nails in their feet looking in the Saturday sun. This lineup could put out a Rumours quality album and they'd still complain that there are four seasons in one day. Anger, unfortunately, is playing a big part in how they feel and act. Oh well as they say. I really respect that you're maintaining a love this life attitude and trying to whistle all this great music no matter what era we're in. I won't dream it's over. Things will never be the same as history never repeats, but I'm looking forward to seeing this band come back to life this October. I am trying to embrace the Finn-Campbell era and trying to enjoy every bite of chocolate cake as we approach the last day of June.
Getting more than eight Finn song titles into a paragraph IS quite an achievement....but sadly you are wasting your time trying to be comical as either no one on this board would know these songs anyway (or at least won't now as you have put people off Finn for life)..... Or no one has commented on it as they have blocked you already and didn't see the comment in the first place....just saying
Old 06-18-2018, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
Getting more than eight Finn song titles into a paragraph IS quite an achievement....but sadly you are wasting your time trying to be comical as either no one on this board would know these songs anyway (or at least won't now as you have put people off Finn for life)..... Or no one has commented on it as they have blocked you already and didn't see the comment in the first place....just saying
These five folks are so caught up in their anger and resentment from misplaced "grief" rooted in a misunderstanding of what happened that they would hate Lennon/McCartney if I mentioned them a couple of times. With all due respect, their disinterest in all things Finn has little to do with me or his music. Sad to watch.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I know my vote for most unliked new ledge member. ugh
Does anyone remember Ethan? Deja vu of what he did to The Ledge.

Brad
Old 06-18-2018, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Does anyone remember Ethan? Deja vu of what he did to The Ledge.

Brad
But Ethan had a Protector. A SUPER Protector, who gave him carte blanche to ruin the place. Thank god that era ended.

Mick doesn't seem to have that protection, and hopefully this thing will run it's course and be over.

But you're right...this is practically the same scenario.

PS- haha, we used to make memes of Ethan(yes, we knew his last name, and would steal pics from his FB, and Photoshop them onto things), and send them to each other. What a maroon!
Old 06-18-2018, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But Ethan had a Protector. A SUPER Protector, who gave him carte blanche to ruin the place. Thank god that era ended.

Mick doesn't seem to have that protection, and hopefully this thing will run it's course and be over.

But you're right...this is practically the same scenario.

PS- haha, we used to make memes of Ethan(yes, we knew his last name, and would steal pics from his FB, and Photoshop them onto things), and send them to each other. What a maroon!
Yes. Hopefully I'll go away and the five of you can continue to destroy this forum by demeaning and ridiculing everyone who doesn't agree with your agenda.