The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Should FM release the album without any SN-penned songs?
yes, there's no time to waste! 31 28.44%
no, they should keep waiting for SN, however long it takes 76 69.72%
we don't need no stinkin' FM album 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2014, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i guess that particular threat worked. she came back pretty fast at the time.

maybe he's hoping it will work again this time, talking about her spending time away doing solo album.

but this time it's not Men of Mac, and it's not about the tour. this time even without Stevie, they have Fleetwood Mac, and they can get the album out as such, if they want to. they should.
Really? Mick threatened "Men Of Mac" when Stevie was doing her "IYD" thing...Don't think it worked well at all since she spent 3 years with "IYD"...

"The Men Of Mac featuring Christine McVie" now on iTunes and coming to a city near you this fall with "Special Guest" Stevie Nicks...
Old 04-28-2014, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The fact that we are having this discussion is almost surreal. I mean..Chris is re-joining FM, they are about to embark on a major tour with a (probable) new album, while Stevie is working on a new solo album.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
The fact that we are having this discussion is almost surreal. I mean..Chris is re-joining FM, they are about to embark on a major tour with a (probable) new album, while Stevie is working on a new solo album.
There was a band a long long time ago that put out new music whether it was a band record or a solo record from one of it's members almost every year...Does anyone remember who they are???
Old 04-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Ledgie

I think if FM pursued this, I think Stevie would leave the group. She is set for life, does not need the $ from the band, and can tour on her own and with others without FM. Maybe FM could work things out now that Christine is back but commercially, it would be a huge loss for them (IMHO). I really doubt that they would be able to continue to sell out huge arenas like they do now. I'm upset at the prices that were charged for this tour so if this happened, I will never go see them or buy anything else they do again.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
My take on it is that she doesn't want to record with FM anymore (and that probably means Lindsey).
That's probably true. She will use Lindsey only when she or Dave or whoever she's working with at the time can't figure out what to do with another "Soldier's Angel." Come to think of it, she's been using Lindsey for decades. She probably would have never gotten anywhere without his arranging and producing genius.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=BlueDenimLamp;1127762]Really? Mick threatened "Men Of Mac" when Stevie was doing her "IYD" thing...Don't think it worked well at all since she spent 3 years with "IYD"...

another person who skipped their math lessons. :shrug

aren't we talking about Mick's playboy interview from mid-2012? few months after that the next Men of Mac tour featuring Nicks was booked.

i wish they went Men of Mac way.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2014, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
There was a band a long long time ago that put out new music whether it was a band record or a solo record from one of it's members almost every year...Does anyone remember who they are???
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsnFan4Ever View Post
I think if FM pursued this, I think Stevie would leave the group. She is set for life, does not need the $ from the band, and can tour on her own and with others without FM. Maybe FM could work things out now that Christine is back but commercially, it would be a huge loss for them (IMHO). I really doubt that they would be able to continue to sell out huge arenas like they do now. I'm upset at the prices that were charged for this tour so if this happened, I will never go see them or buy anything else they do again.
commercially, sure. creatively? not at all.

SN may or may not be creative solo, i have no idea about that, but regarding FM, she's just stalling them.

FM with Christine and Lindsey as songwriters might have several more albums out in the fast succession. so if it's new music you want from them, that might be the ideal solution.

for us as fans - win/win! new music and cheaper prices and smaller venues!!

Old 04-28-2014, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac?
There was new product either FM or solo out almost every year from 1975 through 1987...Can we go back to that...
Old 04-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There was new product either FM or solo out almost every year from 1975 through 1987...Can we go back to that...
'75, '77, '79, '82, '87 - nah, they were never very productive. they just talk a lot so you think they are.

and judging by the results of this poll, FM fans love it that way. never get anything out!

Old 04-29-2014, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=elle;1127779]
Quote:

aren't we talking about Mick's playboy interview from mid-2012? few months after that the next Men of Mac tour featuring Nicks was booked.
Going public with his dismay over the tour being delayed probably spurred Stevie to action, but I doubt it had anything to do with his tossing out the Men of Mac possibility.

I don't think anyone took that seriously, least of all Stevie -- or even the Mac men.

Michele
Old 04-29-2014, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
That's probably true. She will use Lindsey only when she or Dave or whoever she's working with at the time can't figure out what to do with another "Soldier's Angel." Come to think of it, she's been using Lindsey for decades. She probably would have never gotten anywhere without his arranging and producing genius.
I was thinking about that the other day and why he never got credit for that. Look at Dreams for instance. When she gave it to the band even Christine was like:"What the heck is this? It only has 3 chords". Lindsey worked his magic and it became their only no. 1 in the US but he never got any credit whatsoever.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-29-2014, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
Old 04-29-2014, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post

Yes, That's what I simply don't understand. Your whole band wants to crawl for you to please you as you wish, and still you can't conquer the possible tension that COULD lead to something electrifying.

Not for sales, not for avoiding pain, not for selfesteem, just for the love of chemistry that you once had with the five of you.

Last time was 86-87 and you were in deep shyt, and not there. Now you all are coming of age and are willing to respect eachothers feelings more than ever. Do it one more time, WHY the friggin' hell NOT?

Old 04-29-2014, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I was thinking about that the other day and why he never got credit for that. Look at Dreams for instance. When she gave it to the band even Christine was like:"What the heck is this? It only has 3 chords". Lindsey worked his magic and it became their only no. 1 in the US but he never got any credit whatsoever.
That's just the way it goes. "Songwriting" by definition refers to be lyrics and the melody as it relates to the underlying chord progression. Stevie wrote that herself. The particular arrangement is just that - an arrangement. Some writers who work collaboratively on instrumentation/arrangement with other band members choose to give the other members writing credit on behalf of their contribution (iirc, this is why Lindsey is listed as a co-writer of Frozen Love) but it's not a requirement or even the norm. Lindsey (as a member of Fleetwood Mac) got credit for the production of all of the songs on Rumours, did he not?