The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

some articles reviewing last night's performance linked from the tweets.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-02-2018, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

RS article text -

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...kimmel-731841/
Watch Lindsey Buckingham Perform Tender ‘Trouble,’ ‘Soul Drifter’ on ‘Kimmel’
Songs appear on forthcoming compilation, ‘Solo Anthology – The Best of Lindsey Buckingham’

By ALTHEA LEGASPI

Lindsey Buckingham performed two songs from his forthcoming album, Solo Anthology –The Best of Lindsey Buckingham on Monday’s Jimmy Kimmel Live. The anthology – comprising album, live and alternate versions of songs culled from Buckingham’s solo, collaborative and soundtrack material – bows on October 5th via Rhino.

On Kimmel, Buckingham performed “Trouble,” which first appeared as the lead single to his solo debut, 1981’s Law and Order. He also delivered “Soul Drifter,” a song originally from his third solo effort, 1992’s Out of the Cradle. Backed by his four-piece band, Buckingham tenderly sang the songs, buoyed by the group’s harmonies.

Buckingham embarks on a North American fall tour beginning October 7th in Portland, Oregon, at Revolution Hall and it wraps in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, on December 9th. The 34-date trek is his first tour since he was fired from Fleetwood Mac in April.

In This Article: Jimmy Kimmel Live, Late-Night TV, Lindsey Buckingham

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-02-2018, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking "mac-less LB"

https://www.spin.com/2018/10/lindsey...m-solo-kimmel/

Watch a Mac-Less Lindsey Buckingham Play Two Solo Songs on Kimmel
Andy Cush // October 2, 2018

Screen-Shot-2018-10-02-at-10.23.36-AM-1538490305
CREDIT: Jimmy Kimmel Live/YouTube

Lindsey Buckingham is no longer a working member of Fleetwood Mac, after either leaving or being kicked out of the band earlier this year, depending on who you ask. (Either way, it seems like his departure followed a disagreement about scheduling for the band’s upcoming tour.) But he’s still playing: Last night, he was the musical guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live, supporting an upcoming tour and his recently announced Solo Anthology.

As if to underscore the fact that he’s now going his own way, Buckingham didn’t play any of the tunes he wrote for his old band on Kimmel. Instead, he busted out two vintage solo songs: “Trouble,” from 1981’s Law and Order, and “Soul Drifter,” from 1992’s Out of the Cradle. Both of them have the misty nocturnal vibes of Tango-era Mac, especially the latter, which has a pleasantly artificial choral synth pad playing lines that might otherwise be carried by a Christine McVie backing vocal.

Solo Anthology, a Buckingham greatest hits that also features two new songs, arrives this week. Buckingham hits the road for a North American tour on Sunday, and Fleetwood Mac is currently touring with Mike Campbell of the Heartbreakers and Neil Finn of Crowded House filling the guitar seat. Watch Buckingham’s Kimmel performance below.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Might be seeing an uptick in ticket sales after the shows.

Just checked the first two dates on the schedule first show has just 25 tickets remaining, 2nd show has only 4 tickets left to sell!!!

Hopefully that trend continues.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup, definitely!

at least he's not hiding it with the guy right there, but i still really dislike it. on BuckVie it was really overwhelming at the start of the tour and then got better / less used as the tour went on. maybe social media response would make him back off backing tracks earlier rather than later in the tour. i mean sure, do it on some songs, but don't rely on it all over the place.
Exactly. Most bands use some pre-recorded things, but like I said after the BuckVie tv performances, with that amount of people on stage, we should not be so aware of the backing tracks!
Old 10-02-2018, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it me or was the delay on his guitar not set right?????? Also I just learned something I never knew. The background vocals on Trouble are "don't know what to do". Never knew that, thanks to the OBVIOUS backing tracks. But he sounded great.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I just learned something I never knew. The background vocals on Trouble are "don't know what to do". Never knew that, thanks to the OBVIOUS backing tracks. But he sounded great.
I had the same realization!
Old 10-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, was not expecting Soul Drifter. Kind of melted me heart. Never thought I would hear that one live.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
I love both of these songs — and LB sounded GREAT. But WHY does he insist on using the backing tracks? By using those, he esentially locks in every performance of these songs to sound EXACTLY the SAME. Just like the Buckingham/McVie shows...it's becomes high-end karaoke, and he could do SO much better
Both were strong performances but ITA that the backing tracks were too prominent in the mix. Soul Drifter is one song that usually makes it on all of my mixes. Also, he's starting to look like the character Ramsley from the Haunted Mansion movie. Google it.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey and his band gave great performances last night. Inclusion of "Trouble" was good, in that it is one of his more popular solo songs, giving his anthology set a little promotional jump start. He couldn't have picked a more appropriate song by singing "Soul Drifter". An excellent number that sent a message about the current state of affairs between himself and FM. Very nice job Lindsey!

Last edited by jwd; 10-02-2018 at 04:44 PM..
Old 10-02-2018, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, despite all the Mac drama that's been going on I have to say that Lindsey looked and sounded great here. It's a shame everything that happened, but it's good to see that he got right back out there and is doing his thing. I'm almost inclined to even buy a ticket to his show (as much of a Stevie fan as I am, that's saying quite a bit).
Old 10-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I kind of like the background vocal mix. I do think it should be turned down a bit but that is something I always loved about Buckingham....what he does with his prerecorded vocals.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting that Jimmy is his drummer. I wonder what he and the other musicians think of all the drama

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-03-2018, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Interesting that Jimmy is his drummer. I wonder what he and the other musicians think of all the drama
Paxson wasn't in Stevie's band anymore after word got back about his ****ty attitude toward her fans.
Lindsey sounds great here. Does he look... different?
Old 10-03-2018, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As opposed to Stevie's ****ty attitude to her fans?