Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My unpopular opinions:

*Stevie got better looking as she got older.

*The Tango/80s big hair and outlandish outfits made her look hot.

*The Nightmare, Welcome To The Room...Sara, When I See You Again and Two Kinds Of Love are all great songs.

*She's lying when she says she didn't know cocaine was dangerous.

*Rhiannon and especially Gold Dust Woman need to be permanently dropped from her solo sets.

*Stand Back should only be performed with FM.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

- i rarely, if ever, listen to stevie's released music anymore

- i like joan of arc

- i hate the lasso-twirling-syw thing

- i hate the air guitar thing. stop it, stevie. lindsey, tell her to stop it.

- i think she likes people to feel sorry for her

- i can totally see her and mick together

- i can totally see her and waddy together

- i think i better quit now

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer386
Actually ladies and gents, Ghost_Tracker IS correct in saying that Stevie was right, but has the wrong reason. You have to read these lines differently from how you are reading them. She is saying "the bright light is lying down the earth and the sea and the sky, [the bright light] is at rest with the ocean, and the days go by..." This way of reading it makes much more sense, too, because what sense does it make to say "the earth and the sea and sky are at rest with the ocean." She's talking about the sun setting, the "bright light," which "comes to rest with the ocean."
well, you may be right - either way, it's safe to say that stevie doesn't write with enough clarity to avoid these discussions ... also, i was really just pointing out that ghost_tracker's explanation wasn't correct - the way she's reading it, it SHOULD be "are." but i get a little too caught up about grammar sometimes ... call it a pet peeve
Old 03-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueLamp
My unpopular opinions:

*Stevie got better looking as she got older.

*The Tango/80s big hair and outlandish outfits made her look hot.

*The Nightmare, Welcome To The Room...Sara, When I See You Again and Two Kinds Of Love are all great songs.

*She's lying when she says she didn't know cocaine was dangerous.

*Rhiannon and especially Gold Dust Woman need to be permanently dropped from her solo sets.

*Stand Back should only be performed with FM.
I agree with all of that! Except for the Tango hair... That was just uncool. Way too fried and frizzed to the extreme, like her Tusk hair. It looked damaged and unhealthy a lot of the time. Everything else, yes. I like Welcome To The Room, and When I See You Again.

I think she had to have known that coke was dangerous. How could she not? Granted it was the 70s, and that **** was all over the place, she still had to have known that it wasn't good for her. That's like smoking and drinking, and then being surprised when you get cancer or liver failure.

I am so
sick
of
Rhiannon!

Especially the way she does it now. Booooring.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721
well, you may be right - either way, it's safe to say that stevie doesn't write with enough clarity to avoid these discussions ... also, i was really just pointing out that ghost_tracker's explanation wasn't correct - the way she's reading it, it SHOULD be "are." but i get a little too caught up about grammar sometimes ... call it a pet peeve
I understand that's what you were replying to, which is why I said she was right but for the wrong reason. Trust me...I'm probably just as big of a grammar freak as you are. And, I AM right! I'm just teasing...
Old 03-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

*It pisses me off when people say they hate Street Angel
*She needs to keep the bangs
*Mick was probably about the sex (though I have no doubt he IS am amazing guy )
*Though the boots are tough to wear for hours, the reeboks do bug me
*Stevie IS a genius. Lyrically, spiritually and emotionally.
*I think "somewhere out in the back of her dresser" she has a pair of shorts
*I HATE that she is afraid of failure!!
*Gold Dust Woman from The Dance is the version I listen to the most
*no version of "Silver Springs" will EVER exist like that of The "Dance"
*OSOTM is my favorite album
*I think she will ALWAYS love lindsay, both emotionally and physically
*I would kill to see her chillin' at home watching her huge T.V.
*I hate that she gave into Lindsay's comment and wore that fricken black sweater the WHOLE SYW tour
*I don't like her 80's hair
*She has become more beautiful as she's gotten older
*I love Gate and Garden
*Thrown Down is one of the best examples of her writing
*I think when she wakes up in the morning, she looks like another human being, as do some of us
*I too agree that "That Made Me Stronger" didn't fit in on TISL
****Ok....I go hide now LOL
Old 03-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THINKABOUTIT
*no version of "Silver Springs" will EVER exist like that of The "Dance"
I agree with that. So I hope it's dropped if/when FM tours next.

I also hope the appearance of BC in this solo tour was just because of the orchestra explanation she gave. I do love it, but want it dropped from the next FM and/or solo tour so another rarity can be performed.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

- I don't like the present day "Rhiannon" on stage.
- RAL will always be my absolute favorite album by her
- I don't like and never have liked "The Other Side of the Mirror"
- Her songs on "Say You Will" sucked. Lindsey should have kept it a solo album. His songs on that record are FAR superior.
- Stevie is MUCH better live when she tours solo, when "you know who" is watching her, green with envy
- "The Second Time" from Behind The Mask is one my favorite songs. I wish she'd do it live
Old 03-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

wow great thread idea.
answering totally honestly without having read all the replies
please don't flame me

1 - Street Angel is Stevie's best solo album. (see point 11)

2 - SYW is my favorite Mac CD and Stevie's songs are IMO her best work in a long long time though i do think if Lindsey had had more time they would have been even better.

3 - I think Stevie & Lindsey totally still have a thing going on

4 - I prefer current Rhiannon to old school versions

5 - I HATE Leather & Lace & Landslide (unless LS is live)

6 - I think Stevie still smokes pot

7 - Coked out or not I think RAL is Stevie's BEST tour & I don't really like anything Stevie pre Rock a Little.

8 - I really really love Docklands & I don't care that she didn't write it.

9 - ditto per Ghost_Tracker's comment I feel Stevie totally lies about what Edge means and 99% of her other songs

10 - EFO is about S&L not Chris & Lindsey

11 - TISL is not Stevie's work-of-art! & would have been better with the outtakes that didn't make the album and had absolutely NONE of Sheryl's influence

12 - Stevie's confusion & choice of tense in songs PISSES ME OFF. i don't care that it has to sound a certain way.....it's not proper english. And I have an english major so it REALLY annoys me. I hate to diss my beloved Street Angel but a prime example: 'When you pull me through the rainbow/I thought you'd stop' that does NOT make sense i don't care how you look at it. I know given the context you can break it up several ways but that line annoys me badly.

13 - I don't doubt for a SECOND that Stevie doesn't know the meaning to every single one of her songs. I think she knows EXACTLY. word for word.

14 - Her Tango songs KICK ASS! Especially Welcome to the Room...Sara.

15 - WISYA i think is a seriously seriously intense song. That is really depressing as ****.

16 - Speaking of Tango.....I think Stevie got hooked on Klonopin coz Linds left the band.

17 - She did cocaine because she liked it

18 - She is way hotter now......and gets more so as she gets older.

19 - any guy Stevie claims to have been seeing {in the past 20 years} is in her imagination. her last 'serious' relationship was during The Dance.............

20 - Stevie is a total drama queen.

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 03-03-2006 at 07:40 AM..
Old 03-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86
1 - Street Angel is Stevie's best solo album.

8 - I really really love Docklands & I don't care that she didn't write it.
I was thinking about this after reading this thread...I would love to see Stevie do a rock album and I think Street Angel is the closest she's come to it. For a lot of the songs, she drops the gypsy/fairy/trapped in castles stuff and just rocks out. There is still some of the traditional Stevie-ness to it (street angels, Greta's movie star views), but she's singing about real things for the most part. Which (in my opinion) is why some people dislike it.

Pure conjecture on my part, but I think Stevie dislikes it because of the unpleasantness during the making of the album. She's too close to look at it objectively and say, "hey, these are a decent bunch of songs".

So I guess another unpopular opinion of mine (and a few other people too) is that SA is a great album.

*And I agree with StreetAngel86's opinion about Docklands. I don't care whether she has written a song or not. I love Docklands, Some Become Strangers, Talk To Me and Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind for example.

*Oh, and Desert Angel is a beautiful song too.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueLamp
I was thinking about this after reading this thread...I would love to see Stevie do a rock album and I think Street Angel is the closest she's come to it. For a lot of the songs, she drops the gypsy/fairy/trapped in castles stuff and just rocks out. There is still some of the traditional Stevie-ness to it (street angels, Greta's movie star views), but she's singing about real things for the most part. Which (in my opinion) is why some people dislike it.
wow. good point! I never really thought about that. But I think that's precisely why i LIKE it. When I was a naive fan just getting her albums i always wondered why people said her music was rock and roll.........coz i thought it was anything but rock. But SA is the only CD i put on when i'm in a bad mood or want to hype myself up coz most of it sounds kick ass LOUD. I shake the walls with how loud i have my stereo.

You can't really rock out to Jane and Rose Garden but 2 songs can be overlooked. I HATE Unconditional Love though. Only song on the CD i can't stand. i really love Inspiration & God's Garden too and they seem to fit into that category with the other 2 songs. But otherwise, I totally agree, very much a rock album. Moreso than RAL......which is probably my 2nd fave album but i detest I Sing For the Things & HAEWAFY..........Love Is Like a River & Mirror Mirror would have been wicked **** on that CD!

Quote:
Pure conjecture on my part, but I think Stevie dislikes it because of the unpleasantness during the making of the album. She's too close to look at it objectively and say, "hey, these are a decent bunch of songs".
i think that is exactly why she doesn't like it. and consequently i think the ONLY reason 'fans' don't like is because of that and they have been too heavily influenced by Stevie's opinion of her own work. Like i know a LOT of ppl who say TISL is her best album...so does Stevie. But IS it? Some of the original SA versions are better than those on the album ditto with TISL so i can't imagine what problems Stevie had with them...........especially Jane WOOHOO!!

I actually gave Stevie a letter yesterday and basically it was all about how Street Angel is the best song ever and it's her best album and that I hoped she didn't still feel ****ty about it...coz that depresses me {i didn't write that lol} but I don't like to think that she thinks she has something out in her music catalogue that she thinks everyone thinks is **** just coz it didn't sell very well and she didn't like where she was at when it was released. Then i said she needs to sing SA live and i can officially die

another reason i think people might not like the album is because there seems to be a lot more songs on it that she didn't write. What the hell does that really matter.....she CHOSE them

and RTTG was an SA song. I'm glad it wasn't on the album tho coz i LOVE the SYW version...PROBABLY coz it WAS an SA song. but wotever
Old 03-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But SA is the only CD i put on when i'm in a bad mood or want to hype myself up coz most of it sounds kick ass LOUD. I shake the walls with how loud i have my stereo.
It's my favourite album to play when I'm in a bad mood too.

Quote:
You can't really rock out to Jane and Rose Garden but 2 songs can be overlooked. I HATE Unconditional Love though. Only song on the CD i can't stand. i really love Inspiration & God's Garden too and they seem to fit into that category with the other 2 songs. But otherwise, I totally agree, very much a rock album. Moreso than RAL......which is probably my 2nd fave album but i detest I Sing For the Things & HAEWAFY..........Love Is Like a River & Mirror Mirror would have been wicked **** on that CD!
Funnily enough I don't mind Unconditional Love (though the demo's better) but I hate Rose Garden. Something about it just irks me. And I dislike HAEWAFY on RAL. Stand alone song, it's ok...but it just ruins the flow of the album for me. Hooray! Another person who loves Mirror Mirror! I thought I was the only one!

Quote:
I actually gave Stevie a letter yesterday and basically it was all about how Street Angel is the best song ever and it's her best album and that I hoped she didn't still feel ****ty about it...coz that depresses me {i didn't write that lol} but I don't like to think that she thinks she has something out in her music catalogue that she thinks everyone thinks is **** just coz it didn't sell very well and she didn't like where she was at when it was released. Then i said she needs to sing SA live and i can officially die
That's another thing that annoys me about Stevie. She seems to judge her stuff based on sales. I honestly don't think Stevie could've released anything in 94 that would've sold millions. The times were just changing musically. Oh, and I can die too once she sings Street Angel, so long as it's in the same set as Rock A Little (Go Ahead Lily)
Old 03-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

1) I love watching the coked out Stevie - would've loved to have hung around with her then, I think she was alot of fun back then

2) I love the wavy, curly hair - HATE this straight stuff, I think it makes her look older

3) I think she and Mick are seen so much together as of late because they still have a thing for each other and would love to "be together" now but can't because he's married - he was always back stage with her during SYW after the shows - he will always be the love of her life

4) I think she still loves Lindsey but isn't in love with him, I think that ended when he screwed up during The Dance

5) I don't like the shoulder pads/bustier outfits

6) I too think she doesn't understand what "hard work" is compared to the average person, we don't have personal assistants to do everything for us, etc.

7) I think TISL would've been better without Sheryl's influence, some of the songs I just don't like AT ALL, don't think it was her best work yet, in fact I wish she'd write more like BellaDonna and WH, RAL, etc.; although loved SYW

8) She's had some kind of minor work done face-wise, she looks just too incredible!

9) When she asked at one of the SYW concerts for the people to quit smoking at the front because the smoke was bothering her, it was because she wanted a smoke so bad herself

10) Karen has too much power over Stevie and Stevie needs to think and act for herself - tell Karen to take a hike most of the time

11) still smokes a little weed now and then

12) she really knows what her songs are about but won't tell, EVER - they're a secret

13) she really doesn't want to have a serious relationship with a man finally, no matter what she says because she likes her freedom

this is an awesome thread!
Old 03-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Real fur is the only kind of fur that she would ever be caught wearing.

The alternative-orifice (non-nostril) myth is not entirely untrue.

She is embarrassed for some of woman who try and cop her style when attending her concerts. She cringes at their home-colored, badly-cut, out-of-style hair, cheap outfits and capes with spider web adornments bought online, and crappy Payless boots with 2 inch heels. These people are not fabulous, but they fill the seats (and boy, the FILL them).

Her assistant scares the hell out of me.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: bouncing off the wall at you. being defined by the applause.

Quote:
wow. good point! I never really thought about that. But I think that's precisely why i LIKE it. When I was a naive fan just getting her albums i always wondered why people said her music was rock and roll.........coz i thought it was anything but rock. But SA is the only CD i put on when i'm in a bad mood or want to hype myself up coz most of it sounds kick ass LOUD. I shake the walls with how loud i have my stereo.

i think that is exactly why she doesn't like it. and consequently i think the ONLY reason 'fans' don't like is because of that and they have been too heavily influenced by Stevie's opinion of her own work. Like i know a LOT of ppl who say TISL is her best album...so does Stevie. But IS it? Some of the original SA versions are better than those on the album ditto with TISL so i can't imagine what problems Stevie had with them...........especially Jane WOOHOO!!

another reason i think people might not like the album is because there seems to be a lot more songs on it that she didn't write. What the hell does that really matter.....she CHOSE them

and RTTG was an SA song. I'm glad it wasn't on the album tho coz i LOVE the

SYW version...PROBABLY coz it WAS an SA song. but wotever
So you like Street Angel or not???