The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

It's not working for me.... I get to the site but the video doesn't load or something.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Correction, I changed it to Windows and it worked. Like her outfit, also I agree with the guys who say it's kind of monotonous to just hear about all the bad stuff that happened. I agree I would like to hear about happier stuff.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Blah blah blah, same old crap. I can't imagine how Stevie isn't SICK of reciting these formulaic responses! I hate more than anything, that she didn't weave any of her answers into what the band is doing NOW, and the direction it's HEADING IN. It seems like she's just given in to the fact that the band has become an oldies tribute act.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Blah blah blah, same old crap. I can't imagine how Stevie isn't SICK of reciting these formulaic responses! I hate more than anything, that she didn't weave any of her answers into what the band is doing NOW, and the direction it's HEADING IN. It seems like she's just given in to the fact that the band has become an oldies tribute act.
what made me LOL was her comments about "honor." what in god's name did fleetwood mac ever do to deserve "honor"?

what an ugly peek into her pathetic, bloated ego.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
what made me LOL was her comments about "honor." what in god's name did fleetwood mac ever do to deserve "honor"?

what an ugly peek into her pathetic, bloated ego.
I really think (read: hope) that she was trying to say that the press and fans acted with more honor/restraint.
You're so like me
Old 09-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
I really think (read: hope) that she was trying to say that the press and fans acted with more honor/restraint.
i hope that's what she meant too. LOL.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
I'm no newbie... But I was like... "Where have I seen that picture before, it looks familiar"? Thanks for clearing that up!

I actually think this interview was done at her house... behind the interviewer, the fireplace looks exactly like the fire place that was the backdrop behind Stevie during the Eye to Eye Sunday Morning interview from a few years ago on CBS. Not that it matters, just an observation.

You are correct. This was taped in her home...

Donnie Wayne ~
Old 09-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I know there's been discussion about a deal that BN may have had when they joined FM (Dee). I think Stevie alludes to this. Well, it's not laid out as a deal, but rather an alternate/escape plan. We can make money and then go do our own thing, if it doesn't work out.
Michele, yes - exactly! I loved to hear a little more detail about the "arrangement" or even perhaps some of her persuasion used to get Lindsey to join. And, I can see where he probably was very upset it actually worked out! But, gotta hand it to Stevie for having the foresight to plan ahead. She's right - if it hadn't worked out the money would have greatly helped them move forward with BN.

What about her Gemini-speak in the same interview...

"I think they know me pretty well because I've been very very honest since the very beginning of who I am and the things that I loved..."

"As much as you guys all think you know about us you don't know anything about us. If the story was really to be told there's so much that we have been discreet about."

Love it!

Oh, and so the date of her beginning with Lindsey has now officially been pushed back to 1969 instead of 1971. With all the Los Gatos talk and the summer of love on the current tour and this interview where she admits they had lived together 5 years prior to joining FM... just sayin'. Love that BN history!

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-08-2009 at 08:13 PM..
Old 09-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
http://tvnz.co.nz/close-up/extra-fle...-12-48-2973216

Wow! I thoroughly enjoyed that interview. I learned some new things in there that I've never heard her share before. I was cracking up because I've been a waiter and I clean for a living and she called those both "dumb ass jobs." So me and Stevie have a lot in common, though I don't consider those dumb ass jobs. Just hard working ones.

Thank you for finding and posting this interview!
Thanks for bringing this up--I love Stevie, but it bothers me a little that she always refers to her waitressing and cleaning as "stupid" or dumbass" jobs.

I did really laugh about her being horrified at the fans that waded through the "eel" water to get to her stage in New Zealand. You know Stevie would never get in eel water for anyone!!!

A
Old 09-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirlwasme View Post
it bothers me a little that she always refers to her waitressing and cleaning as "stupid" or dumbass" jobs.
But she doesn't... on the Live in Chicago DVD I believe she says about waitressing that she didn't mind it, she actually liked it.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post

I actually think this interview was done at her house... behind the interviewer, the fireplace looks exactly like the fire place that was the backdrop behind Stevie during another interview.
You're probably right, but now the mantle is painted pink and it used to be white.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:05 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
she didn't weave any of her answers into what the band is doing NOW, and the direction it's HEADING IN. It seems like she's just given in to the fact that the band has become an oldies tribute act.
Yeah mate, kinda hard to do when there's no new album out eh
Old 09-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Oh, and so the date of her beginning with Lindsey has now officially been pushed back to 1969 instead of 1971. With all the Los Gatos talk and the summer of love on the current tour and this interview where she admits they had lived together 5 years prior to joining FM... just sayin'. Love that BN history!
Well, if the 2 of them were lying all of that time, it would be interesting to see if she alters her introduction to Gypsy when members of Fritz are in the audience. The lie would have to be for their sake, I would imagine.

Michele
Old 09-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Would she know or care if members of Fritz were in the audience?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Would she know or care if members of Fritz were in the audience?
Well, she'd know if they were in the audience. For one thing, she'd know because Lindsey always makes a point of introducing them!

No, I don't think she would care. I was just speculating, because I'm puzzled and raised the query in response to CADreaming's comment.

Lindsey and Stevie were both young, single people. If they became romantically involved while they were still with Fritz, why did they lie about it for 30 years? What motive did they have? Other than Fritz, who would have cared?

I mean, even as late as the SYW tour, both of them were saying, "but nothing ever happened." Meanwhile, Javier told us that everyone knew they were a couple in Fritz, because they sided with each other on all band issues (which is probably the last time that ever happened).

I see no reason why they would care about their Fritz bandmates' feelings after all these years, but if they had a pact not to tell the truth about the start of their relationship, that can be the only reason I can think of that would cause them to do so. Michele