Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2018, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDJackson View Post

So, no, between the "laugh at the chair" and the claim that Klonopin only one makes one sleepy... COME ON NOW. Claims like this certainly aren't helping any case in defense of SN. And I write this a person who favors her in the various conversations...
I made a little joke about benzos making you sleepy which they actually did in my experience and now I've breached some sort of moral high ground? Does anyone remember laughter? Out of all the pharmaceuticals I've ingested in my lifetime those are the ones I'm most happy to be free of. I don't need a lecture or a PSA about drugs/bad. I will say there were times when they helped me feel like I wasn't going to die when I was suddenly and inexplicably filled with panic.
Please feel free to pick whatever side you want to be on. I'm not campaining for anyone. I'm expressing a viewpoint that may or may not be relevant to you. This place has turned into a f*cking drag man. Yeesh.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-29-2018 at 12:17 PM..
Old 10-29-2018, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Yes, I agree that it depends on the level of violence, e.g., if the outcome involves someone dying or becoming permanently incapacitated. But why is it that we as a society condone same-sex violence, e.g., boxing, wrestling, ultimate fighting, but NFL players are getting fired or fined due to physically assaulting their wives/girlfriends? Or the fact that Mel Gibson has barely worked for the past 10 years? It's because a decent society understands the inherent imbalance of physical power between a man and a woman, and that men must heed a code of conduct that involves not physically attacking women. It has nothing to do with feminism or being woke. Don't. hit. women. Ever. It's about abuse of power. It's about bullies who are enabled by the existence of the imbalance of power. To say simply that all violence is equally bad is akin to saying "all lives matter;" it just whitewashes the particularly the unique evil of men assaulting women.

What society condones is not based on gender so much as whether the opponents are evenly matched. That is why welterweights do not fight heavyweights. That is why when someone is mentally incapacited or old, society thinks they deserve greater protection. If it’s a young female caregiver hurting an elderly male, everyone thinks it is horrific, because he’s helpless against her. Children and animals are helpless compared to adult humans. They deserve greater protection.

In most cases (but not all) men are stronger than women and must not abuse their greater strength.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:26 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I made a little joke about benzos making you sleepy which they actually did in my experience and now I've breached some sort of moral high ground? Does anyone remember laughter? Out of all the pharmaceuticals I've ingested in my lifetime those are the ones I'm most happy to be free of. I don't need a lecture or a PSA about drugs/bad. I will say there were times when they helped me feel like I wasn't going to die when I was suddenly and inexplicably filled with panic.
Please feel free to pick whatever side you want to be on. I'm not campaining for anyone. I'm expressing a viewpoint that may or may not be relevant to you. This place has turned into a f*cking drag man. Yeesh.
Nobody's saying you or anyone needs a lecture/PSA about drugs. One supposes it was a joke, sure, but it's ridiculous to imagine that a person taking Klonopin multiple times a day for years would be merely lethargic. That is, it's not to say that it isn't something to be joked about (you're not the only one who can have some fun laughing/crying about past drug use) it's to say it wasn't a funny or good joke and it doesn't help the "Stevie side" of things. In fact, the last few comments have me wondering if you're actually one of those pro-LB psychos who fantasize that Karen Johnston has been weaponized by SN and find any way they can to insult the music/hair/clothes/voice/career of SN—even going so far as to try and convince people that the shows aren't selling.

What I mean, really? I've been reading the last few weeks of threads and certainly found some solace in your posts, often when you do make a joke or counter some seriously delusional/misogynist (yes, misogynist) comments with something equally galling/funny/challening, but the comments in this thread push you over into TROLL territory. How could either of the comments you made serve to slow or challenge or negate all the awful stuff people have been writing about Stevie Nicks? THEY DON'T. THEY HELP PROVE PEOPLE'S ASSERTIONS, which is a shame...

The only "side" I'm on is the side of music I love and no amount of stupid, vengeful, litigious oldsters, LIZ ROSENBERG, angry/dissapointed fans, or even the possibility that all of these people are more horrible than any of us imagined is going to change that.

and don't even for one GD second try to imply that *I* have anything to do with your assertion that the Ledge has turned into a "....drag, man"....I get it, it's a joke, it's not *about* me, but, really, to tack that one to the end of your comment, like somehow, after what I've been reading here, one little post about how serious a drug Klonopin is (you know, in case any members have been so casually handed it, as Nicks claims she was) and you're LAMENTING THE STATE OF THE MESSAGE BOARD??!?!

I've been on here a decade and the last time I commented before these few weeks was 4 years ago when Warners f'ed up my 24K pre-order. I don't have a THING TO DO with anyone's opinion on how this message board has allegedly devolved...
Old 10-29-2018, 11:51 AM

One time, $tevie got mad playing pool. And, $he picked up the pool table and threw it at Mick.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
One time, $tevie got mad playing pool. And, $he picked up the pool table and threw it at Mick.
No doubt using her witchy black magic!

How Mickogynistic of her!!!
Old 10-29-2018, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Old 10-29-2018, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDJackson View Post
Nobody's saying you or anyone needs a lecture/PSA about drugs. One supposes it was a joke, sure, but it's ridiculous to imagine that a person taking Klonopin multiple times a day for years would be merely lethargic. That is, it's not to say that it isn't something to be joked about (you're not the only one who can have some fun laughing/crying about past drug use) it's to say it wasn't a funny or good joke and it doesn't help the "Stevie side" of things. In fact, the last few comments have me wondering if you're actually one of those pro-LB psychos who fantasize that Karen Johnston has been weaponized by SN and find any way they can to insult the music/hair/clothes/voice/career of SN—even going so far as to try and convince people that the shows aren't selling.

What I mean, really? I've been reading the last few weeks of threads and certainly found some solace in your posts, often when you do make a joke or counter some seriously delusional/misogynist (yes, misogynist) comments with something equally galling/funny/challening, but the comments in this thread push you over into TROLL territory. How could either of the comments you made serve to slow or challenge or negate all the awful stuff people have been writing about Stevie Nicks? THEY DON'T. THEY HELP PROVE PEOPLE'S ASSERTIONS, which is a shame...

The only "side" I'm on is the side of music I love and no amount of stupid, vengeful, litigious oldsters, LIZ ROSENBERG, angry/dissapointed fans, or even the possibility that all of these people are more horrible than any of us imagined is going to change that.

and don't even for one GD second try to imply that *I* have anything to do with your assertion that the Ledge has turned into a "....drag, man"....I get it, it's a joke, it's not *about* me, but, really, to tack that one to the end of your comment, like somehow, after what I've been reading here, one little post about how serious a drug Klonopin is (you know, in case any members have been so casually handed it, as Nicks claims she was) and you're LAMENTING THE STATE OF THE MESSAGE BOARD??!?!

I've been on here a decade and the last time I commented before these few weeks was 4 years ago when Warners f'ed up my 24K pre-order. I don't have a THING TO DO with anyone's opinion on how this message board has allegedly devolved...
Oh gawd... I can't with you today. Maybe I will form a more cogent response and come back and edit later. Let's listen to music and dream instead:

Last edited by gldstwmn; 10-29-2018 at 12:25 PM..
Old 10-29-2018, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She's like the Incredible Hulk. "Don't turn your back on me baby..."
Old 10-30-2018, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Chair... keep us together

If anyone still needs proof that Stevie once threw a chair at poor Christine, just look at the, er, seating arrangements for the current lineup's closer All Over Again. There's only one chair, and with Stevie in close range, Chris is making damn sure to stay seated in it.

Meanwhile, if Christine bows out abruptly from this tour or the next one, I envisage us ending up with Stevie on stage talking to an empty chair for half the night a'la Clint Eastwood.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

She is a Black Magic Woman these days
Old 10-30-2018, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She is a Black Magic Woman these days
$he's more than that.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I think that whole Billy tweet regarding Stevie (on the left) tossing a chair seems pretty far-fetched. I'm not sure that even Mick (on the right) would be tossing chairs about. But it's pretty funny to think about!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goat_chair.jpg (78.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg goatchair.jpg (50.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-30-2018, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Video of the crime:

via GIPHY

Old 10-30-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

HomerMcVie just can't get her off his back:

via GIPHY

Old 10-30-2018, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie