User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I'd vote for this version as being the best version of "Crystal" ... incredible.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zdHh_D_b5xU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I totally agree. Gives me chills.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think much of the show will still be what folks expect to hear from FM. It will still be recognizable as FM, but some delving and drawing attention to their earlier history and off the beaten path. The numbers that have been getting quite tired recently - give them a rest or try to freshen them, explore another side of the song. That is something Neil is quite good at, while respecting the original work.

17 studio albums to choose from, many possibilities available. Thinking that 'Hypnotized' is a strong bet. There's an eerie and ethereal quality to it that is reminiscent to me of some Enz work.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
I think much of the show will still be what folks expect to hear from FM. It will still be recognizable as FM, but some delving and drawing attention to their earlier history and off the beaten path. The numbers that have been getting quite tired recently - give them a rest or try to freshen them, explore another side of the song. That is something Neil is quite good at, while respecting the original work.

17 studio albums to choose from, many possibilities available. Thinking that 'Hypnotized' is a strong bet. There's an eerie and ethereal quality to it that is reminiscent to me of some Enz work.
Agreed. I would think "Hypnotized" is all but assured of being on the set list. Great, great song.

Also, among the old stuff, I'm hoping for:

For Mike Campbell to show off ...

Green Manalishi
Oh Well

For Neil Finn to take lead vocals ...

Hypnotized
Dust
Man of The World

For Christine to take lead:

Heart of Stone
Spare Me A Little
Come A Little Bit Closer

For Stevie (from Rumours/Tusk era):

Planets of The Universe
Sisters of The Moon
Storms
Beautiful Child
Old 05-27-2018, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Man of the World or Hypnotised?

Apologies if this has been picked up, Neil Finn was asked the above on twitter and replied "we've tried both"

https://twitter.com/NeilFinn?ref_src....com%2Fnews%2F

Very interesting. I wonder if it was in relation to the gig he did with Campbell when he performed MotW. Perhaps it was when they did their initial rehearsal in Hawaii?
Old 05-27-2018, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Agreed. I would think "Hypnotized" is all but assured of being on the set list. Great, great song.

Also, among the old stuff, I'm hoping for:

For Mike Campbell to show off ...

Green Manalishi
Oh Well

For Neil Finn to take lead vocals ...

Hypnotized
Dust
Man of The World

For Christine to take lead:

Heart of Stone
Spare Me A Little
Come A Little Bit Closer

For Stevie (from Rumours/Tusk era):

Planets of The Universe
Sisters of The Moon
Storms
Beautiful Child

Replace come a little bit closer with why and I’d definitely call that a perfect wishlist. And planets of the universe will be just be Stevie singing with Christine at the piano right?

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-27-2018, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Replace come a little bit closer with why and I’d definitely call that a perfect wishlist. And planets of the universe will be just be Stevie singing with Christine at the piano right?
Yes ... this is the version of "Planets of The Universe" that I would love to see. Stevie on vocals and Chris on piano. Perhaps with Neil/Chris on harmony vocals. Would be incredible. And I'm cool with "Why" ... great, great song!

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HO_VZYPyUS4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 06-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris doing When You Say, as she did on her first solo album, in tribute to Danny.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Chris doing When You Say, as she did on her first solo album, in tribute to Danny.
I had the same thought, especially given that she very recently talked highly of it in one of her SiriusXM interviews.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-08-2018, 03:09 AM
Ledgie

I tried to keep mine as close to the official set *might* be while making one I would absolutely love.

The Chain
Say You Love Me
Oh Well
Dreams
Everywhere
Rhiannon
Sentimental Lady
Over My Head
Angel
Black Magic Woman
Gold Dust Woman
Over and Over
World Turning
Sara
I Loved Another Woman
Brown Eyes
Beautiful Child
Hold Me
Little Lies
Landslide
Go Your Own Way
-break-
Hypnotized
Sisters of the Moon
Songbird

I built it with the songs from the last tour in mind but in an order similar to the sets of the mid 70s and 80s.
I know we probably aren’t getting Beautiful Child and def not Brown Eyes or Over and Over.
Gypsy was left out on purpose but we’re 100% getting it. I’d love for Sisters to be a big rock finale but probably won’t happen. You Make Loving Fun is almost a guarantee but I’d rather hear Hold Me.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie said there are 10 songs Fleetwood Mac HAS to perform, and then they whittle their catalog down to 13 more songs.

My guess:
The Chain
Songbird
Don't Stop
Dreams
Go Your Own Way
Rhiannon
You Make Loving Fun
Gold Dust Woman

I guess the other 2 would be Say You Love Me and Landslide.

What are your guesses? Btw, I could really go without ever hearing Gold Dust Woman and Rhiannon again, but other people would probably say the same thing about Landslide or Dreams.

Please please please Christine, sing As Long As You Follow!
Old 09-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Would love to hear Think About Me!
Old 09-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Stevie said there are 10 songs Fleetwood Mac HAS to perform, and then they whittle their catalog down to 13 more songs.

My guess:
The Chain
Songbird
Don't Stop
Dreams
Go Your Own Way
Rhiannon
You Make Loving Fun
Gold Dust Woman

I guess the other 2 would be Say You Love Me and Landslide.

What are your guesses? Btw, I could really go without ever hearing Gold Dust Woman and Rhiannon again, but other people would probably say the same thing about Landslide or Dreams.

Please please please Christine, sing As Long As You Follow!
Don't forget. If Christine does As Long As You Follow, I eat my shoe live on facebook. I am true to my word and a promise keeper

I hope I am wrong but have a gut feeling. The "classic stuff" (pre 75) sounds like a great idea and I bet they practiced a lot of those songs. But when it comes to creating a set list, I bet they get cold feet and don't do as many as they plan.

I hope I am right about this one (thinking out of the box). Stevie feels pressure to make it more than a Mac concert as ever and does not do Stand Back. But of course will do one Petty song maybe Insider.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Don't forget. If Christine does As Long As You Follow, I eat my shoe live on facebook. I am true to my word and a promise keeper
LOL Macfan, no need for that! I'd settle for you filming yourself on YouTube at their concert using your cell phone as a lighter while Christine sings it! Speaking of, what are your thoughts about seeing them in concert now that you've seen them on Ellen?

Last edited by bwboy; 09-08-2018 at 01:47 PM..
Old 09-08-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryderi View Post
Would love to hear Think About Me!
Me too, especially for the harmonies.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
LOL Macfan, no need for that! I'd settle for you filming yourself on YouTube at their concert using your cell phone as a lighter while Christine sings it! Speaking of, what are your thoughts about seeing them in concert now that you've seen them on Ellen?
I hate people that film concerts with their phones. But I love watching their videos on youtube But you do remember why I made that bet? Because its do doubtful anything from the Rick and Billy era would ever be played.

Still not sure about the concert. I just checked ticketmaster and the arena is a little over 70% sold but there is almost a full half year before the show. I bought tickets to Stevie's 24K Gold show late when the arena was full and they opened up these excellent side seats. If the set list blows me away (doubtful), good seats open up (possible) then maybe. But count me as a no right now. However next month I see Lindsey front row and get to meet him. I've been thinking what I want to ask him if I am allowed to ask a question. Really looking forward to that. I loved the Buck/Vie tour so much. It was SO GOOD. So are you going?