Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2018, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wish list for the upcoming tour

We need a separate thread for this topic. What do you want to see Christine perform live? And Stevie? And Mike Campbell and Neil Finn? I know it's early but it will be neat to compare this thread with what FM actually plays.

Christine:
As Long as You Follow
Save Me
Brown Eyes
You Make Loving Fun
Think About Me
Wish You Were Here
Isn't It Midnight
Little Lies

Stevie:
Landslide
Stand Back (only because FM needs a high energy replacement for Go Your Own Way)
That's Alright
Straight Back
Sara
Freedom

Neil:
Crystal
Sentimental Lady
I Don't Want to Know w/Stevie
Hold Me w/Christine
Man of the World
Don't Dream It's Over
Hypnotized

Mike:
Black Magic Woman
Albatross
Old 04-17-2018, 09:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Everyone:

The Chain

Christine:

Brown Eyes
You Make Loving Fun
Songbird
Over and Over
Love in Store
Little Lies
Skies The Limit
Say You Love Me

Stevie:

Running Through the Garden
Gold Dust Woman
Sara
Beautiful Child
Rhiannon
Dreams
Stand Back

Neil:

Hypnotized
Man of the World
Oh Well
Sentimental Lady (heavy on Christine background vocals)
Don't Dream it's over (as duet with Stevie)
Blue Letter

Mike:

The Green Manlishi
Black Magic Woman
Albatross
Caroline
Old 04-17-2018, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Green Manalishi
Bright Fire
Mission Bell
Station Man
Hypnotized
Oh Well
Albatross
Sands Of Time
Black Magic Woman
Cold Black Night
Love That Burns
I Loved Another Woman
Sentimental Lady
Bad Romance
Jewel-Eyed Judy
Woman of 1000 Years
Emerald Eyes
Born Enchanter

Old 04-19-2018, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Free Fallin'...
Old 04-19-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Please understand that I'm not writing about your postings (as I love this ideas), but this thread is just pathethic. This is my first visit to the Post-Rumours thread and it makes me realize again, how incredible stupid this all is.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Please understand that I'm not writing about your postings (as I love this ideas), but this thread is just pathethic. This is my first visit to the Post-Rumours thread and it makes me realize again, how incredible stupid this all is.
In some countries like Ireland funerals are celebrated with song and dance.It is called a "wake"

Old 05-11-2018, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I could see a setlist that looks like this.

1. Dreams
2. Say You Love Me
3. Gypsy
4. Oh well
5. Albatross
6. Angel
7. Everywhere
8. The Chain
9. I need to Know
10. Little Lies
11. Stop Draggin My Heart Around
12. Station Man
13. Don't Dream It's Over
14. Landslide
15. Black Magic Woman
16. World Turning
17. Silver Springs
18. You Make Loving Fun
19. Stand Back

Encore
20. Why
21. Gold Dust Woman
22. Don't Stop
Old 05-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I see Neil Finn tweeted a bit yesterday. He's a very active Twitter user but went for several weeks without tweeting anything recently which seems to be a very long time for him.
Anyway somebody asked him 'Man of The World or Hypnotized'. He responded with 'We've tried both'

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I see Neil Finn tweeted a bit yesterday. He's a very active Twitter user but went for several weeks without tweeting anything recently which seems to be a very long time for him.
Anyway somebody asked him 'Man of The World or Hypnotized'. He responded with 'We've tried both'
Being they were "tried" I suspect they wont make the cut.
Man of the world just would not go over in a large arena with Stevie off the stage. It would be a mistake.
No way no how Hypnotized. I will sue. The band ignores the Bob Welch era and after what they did to him, it would be impossible for the band to do one of their songs. Bob would spin in his grave and come marching to the concert to put a stop to it.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Man of the world just would not go over in a large arena with Stevie off the stage. It would be a mistake.
No way no how Hypnotized. I will sue. The band ignores the Bob Welch era and after what they did to him, it would be impossible for the band to do one of their songs. Bob would spin in his grave and come marching to the concert to put a stop to it.
Since Neil and Mike already performed Man of the World live once at Neil's LA concert 2 weeks ago, I'd say there's a good chance FM will perform it, too.

As for your thoughts on how Bob Welch would react, I also disagree. I think Bob would actually be happy that FM would perform his songs live again, introducing his songs to a whole new audience who may never have otherwise been exposed to him before. To perform a song or two by Welch would help keep his legacy continue, something I'd like to think Bob or his family would be happy about.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Since Neil and Mike already performed Man of the World live once at Neil's LA concert 2 weeks ago, I'd say there's a good chance FM will perform it, too.

As for your thoughts on how Bob Welch would react, I also disagree. I think Bob would actually be happy that FM would perform his songs live again, introducing his songs to a whole new audience who may never have otherwise been exposed to him before. To perform a song or two by Welch would help keep his legacy continue, something I'd like to think Bob or his family would be happy about.
No way. I would be shocked. Bob sued the Mac for royalties over those songs exact songs. The Mac cut him off completely. I think Bob's wife would be upset. There is no way they would do one of Bob's songs and if they did they would deserve the flack they would get. The Mac would not even include Bob in the Behind the Music segment and he is not even mentioned as a transition. When they show the album Heroes are hard to find, Bob is cut off the album. Its almost like when Van Halen tried to erase Michael Anthony. They erased him from albums on their website. How could Bob's family be happy after all this they suddenly are profiting yet again off of Bob's songs when he is dead. Hypnotized would be amazing though.
Neil's concert was probably in a small club where he is feeling things out. Its a great song I think he could do well. But it wont work with an arena packed of casual fans. But who knows on that one. I was the first one to say they would play it. Then reality set in

Steve - yes Mick is overly nice about Bob in his latest book. Its really sad how he rationalizes. I think its way of saying I'm sorry or something.

On another note, I was thinking in the car today listening to the Mac channel. Oh Daddy is going to be impossible to play without Lindsey. His guitar playing is so original its not something that can be duplicated for the same effect of the song. Another thing I miss is Christine playing keyboards. I don't think she can do it anymore. I was listening to Rhiannon live 1976 and Don't Let Me Down Again and boy she is just playing mad keyboards on those songs. Its not impossible they pipe in some sound effects on some of these songs like the Buck/Vie tour.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-11-2018 at 04:28 PM..
Old 05-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Probably, but it also means they’re not off the table.

Quote:
I could see it somewhere in the acoustic/kettle drum part of the set.

Quote:
I would have agreed not all that long ago, but Mick did just spend last summer promoting his coffee table book about the Early Years, so I think there’s more of an openness now.

One thing I wonder is if they’re going to maybe learn a lot of songs and change up the setlists every night. Long shot, but I wonder how much influence Mike Campbell will have.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-12-2018, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh, I think there's every chance of both Man of the World and Hypnotized. I think he was just unable to choose between the two of them. There was a time when Bobs songs would never have been played. Now Mick has made it clear he wants to celebrate the full history of the band. It'd be easier for them to play Bob's songs now Wendy is also no longer with us.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-12-2018, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Oh, I think there's every chance of both Man of the World and Hypnotized. I think he was just unable to choose between the two of them. There was a time when Bobs songs would never have been played. Now Mick has made it clear he wants to celebrate the full history of the band. It'd be easier for them to play Bob's songs now Wendy is also no longer with us.
I'd love to hear Hypnotized!
Old 05-19-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's impossible to replace Lindsey, but I'm looking forward to seeing the new lineup and hear them explore some older songs that have been hibernating for many years.

I saw Neil Finn's recent performance at Largo where Mike Campbell came out to play a couple of songs including "Man of The World". Sounded great!

In particular, I'm hoping to hear "Dust", "Green Manalishi", "The Way I Feel", "Why", "Storms", "Oh Daddy", "Sisters of The Moon", and "Planets of The Universe".