Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-11-2018, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Though it is sacrilegious, I hope Christine retires You Make Loving Fun. it sounded DREADFUL on the BuckVie tour.
Disagree! Well I live in Australia, which was not included in the BuckVie tour. Thanks guys!
You Making Loving Fun was a big hit at the Sydney show for OWTS tour in 2015.
My wish list for the tour I'll be travelling to Sacramento to see:
1. The Chain (will be sad without Lindsey but has to be done if they are to present a united front)
2. You Make Loving Fun
3. I Don't Want to Know (again, sacrilege without Lindsey but they could pull it off)
4. Dreams
5. Don't Dream It's Over
6. Oh Well
7. Station Man
8. Say You Will
9. Isn't it Midnight
10. Little Lies
11. Sisters of the Moon
12. Angel
13. Albatross
14. The Green Manalishi
15. Gold Dust Woman
16. Say You Love Me
17. New Stevie song (never gonna happen, but this is a wish list)
18. New Christine song (could be from BuckVie - eg Red Sun)
19. Second Hand News (not sure about this but could work)
20. Stop Dragging My Heart Around
Encores
21. Get Like You Used To Be
22. Don't Stop
23. Silver Springs
24. Songbird
Old 05-12-2018, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Disagree! Well I live in Australia, which was not included in the BuckVie tour. Thanks guys!
I thought YMLF sounded fine on the OWTS tour (I saw it in 2014) but the BuckVie performance, was really bad. Sad because it’s such a good song.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'd like to hear Sara this time around. From what I have seen on YouTube it transfers well onstage.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
My wish list for the tour I'll be travelling to Sacramento to see:
1. The Chain (will be sad without Lindsey but has to be done if they are to present a united front)
2. You Make Loving Fun
3. I Don't Want to Know (again, sacrilege without Lindsey but they could pull it off)
4. Dreams
5. Don't Dream It's Over
6. Oh Well
7. Station Man
8. Say You Will
9. Isn't it Midnight
10. Little Lies
11. Sisters of the Moon
12. Angel
13. Albatross
14. The Green Manalishi
15. Gold Dust Woman
16. Say You Love Me
17. New Stevie song (never gonna happen, but this is a wish list)
18. New Christine song (could be from BuckVie - eg Red Sun)
19. Second Hand News (not sure about this but could work)
20. Stop Dragging My Heart Around
Encores
21. Get Like You Used To Be
22. Don't Stop
23. Silver Springs
24. Songbird
Wow, great list! I would sub Go Your Own Way for Second Hand News, As Long As You Follow for Say You Love Me, and Sara for Sisters of the Moon though. Otherwise, I'm on the same page as you!
Old 05-12-2018, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Being they were "tried" I suspect they wont make the cut.
Man of the world just would not go over in a large arena with Stevie off the stage. It would be a mistake.
No way no how Hypnotized. I will sue. The band ignores the Bob Welch era and after what they did to him, it would be impossible for the band to do one of their songs. Bob would spin in his grave and come marching to the concert to put a stop to it.

Oh, I think there's every chance of both Man of the World and Hypnotized. I think he was just unable to choose between the two of them. There was a time when Bobs songs would never have been played. Now Mick has made it clear he wants to celebrate the full history of the band. It'd be easier for them to play Bob's songs now Wendy is also no longer with us.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-12-2018, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Oh, I think there's every chance of both Man of the World and Hypnotized. I think he was just unable to choose between the two of them. There was a time when Bobs songs would never have been played. Now Mick has made it clear he wants to celebrate the full history of the band. It'd be easier for them to play Bob's songs now Wendy is also no longer with us.
I'd love to hear Hypnotized!
Old 05-12-2018, 10:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think they are aware that Christine's voice is not what it used to be on Rumours, and they were considering some alternatives for her. She will probably have some backup vocal support live.

Neil Finn's voice is still very good. When Paul Kelly did a show with him, he joked that it was good to have Neil with him 'because he can hit all the really high notes!' (Kelly is also a great songwriter, but his vocal range is in the limited category like Dylan or Petty and he knows it.)

I'm tryna stay out of this but am wondering, what if they project some of the old pictures of Fleetwood Mac Peter Green era etc while doing some of those songs? Like pictures from the book 'Love That Burns' and a few clips? (If that doesn't seem too much like the kind of thing they do when someone dies...) Peter Green has said that 'Man Of The World' is the song that represents him the most.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
Peter Green has said that 'Man Of The World' is the song that represents him the most.
Christine said in 2013 that it’s her favorite Peter Green song.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
In the Behind the Music you referred to, it also completely ignored Billy, Rick, Dave, and Bekka, so the fact it ignored Bob too didn't surprise me.

I'm not sure how FM would be profiting from singing a couple of Bob's songs live, but I could see Bob's estate profiting, another reason I hope they do Hypnotized and or Sentimental Lady.

Macfan4life, have you reconsidered whether to see them live this tour? Although I haven't bought tickets yet, I'm pretty sure I'm going. After learning more about Neil and Mike, I'm actually excited to see this version of FM live, whether it lasts or not.
I don't think I am going but its not 100%. Ticket prices are high and I have been spoiled with great seats. Seeing Lindsey and Christine 50 feet away really leaves an impression on you. I had great seats for On with the show in Pittsburgh but in Miami I did not enjoy the concert as much because of the seats were not great and Stevie and Lindsey were having a serious fight that night.
HOWEVER, if the set list is interesting then who knows. I also scored fantastic seats for Stevie's 24K Gold concert months after they went on sale. A month or so before the concert the side stage opened up and I got second row. Got to see Mathew with Stevie's dogs during intermission. I could also see Stevie backstage before the lights went out and curtain went up. So I will pass for now. If an interesting set list comes up and good seats at reasonable prices happen then maybe.
I really hate guessing at songs because I think most everyone's guess is horrible. Its dumb to play Stop Draggin My Heart Around or I Need To know. That's a Stevie solo concert. IF you really want to tribute Tom then do something different that is not affiliated with Stevie's solo shows. How about Insider or Needles and Pins. It would not happen but even I will run to you or Imperial Hotel would be ok.
I suspect a very traditional Mac setlist with 4 songs added (Don't dream its over, Oh Well, another Mac classic, and one Petty tribute). And that does not excite me that much.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-12-2018 at 01:51 PM..
Old 05-12-2018, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Its dumb to play Stop Draggin My Heart Around or I Need To know. That's a Stevie solo concert. IF you really want to tribute Tom then do something different that is not affiliated with Stevie's solo shows. How about Insider or Needles and Pins. It would not happen but even I will run to you or Imperial Hotel would be ok.
I suspect a very traditional Mac setlist with 4 songs added (Don't dream its over, Oh Well, another Mac classic, and one Petty tribute). And that does not excite me that much.
I agree- I shiver at the thought of FM playing Stop Dragging My Heart or Need to Know. But I suppose since Mike is now in FM, they may feel obligated to play a TP song.

I think there will be more than 4 songs added because Lindsey usually played what, 7 or 8 songs? So even if they play the 4 you mentioned, that still leaves room for at least 4 more songs that will have to be added.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree- I shiver at the thought of FM playing Stop Dragging My Heart or Need to Know. But I suppose since Mike is now in FM, they may feel obligated to play a TP song.

I think there will be more than 4 songs added because Lindsey usually played what, 7 or 8 songs? So even if they play the 4 you mentioned, that still leaves room for at least 4 more songs that will have to be added.
Well the shortage of Lindsey songs makes me hope Stevie and Christine dig deep into the vault and do some songs they never thought they would do.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well the shortage of Lindsey songs makes me hope Stevie and Christine dig deep into the vault and do some songs they never thought they would do.
I would absolutely love to hear more Christine and Stevie deep cuts! But I don't think Neil joined FM just to sing Lindsey's parts on World Turning, Don't Stop, and The Chain, you know what I mean? He's gonna want to sing lead on a couple of songs, too. Besides Go Your Own Way and Don't Dream It's Over, I really hope he sings I Don't Want to Know and Sentimental Lady. Many casual FM fans know I Don't Want to Know, and even Sentimental Lady, I think, many people in the audience will be like, "wait a second, I know this song!"
Old 05-13-2018, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would absolutely love to hear more Christine and Stevie deep cuts! But I don't think Neil joined FM just to sing Lindsey's parts on World Turning, Don't Stop, and The Chain, you know what I mean? He's gonna want to sing lead on a couple of songs, too. Besides Go Your Own Way and Don't Dream It's Over, I really hope he sings I Don't Want to Know and Sentimental Lady. Many casual FM fans know I Don't Want to Know, and even Sentimental Lady, I think, many people in the audience will be like, "wait a second, I know this song!"
Something out of the box that could work is Stevie singing Man of the world instead of Landslide. It would keep the audience's attention and I think she could pull it off. I do think they will do I Don't want to know. With Lindsey gone and songs from Rumours #1 played in concert it pops up as the likely contender. I was saying Oh Daddy but that song has way too much Lindsey sound on it. Its very Lindsey's art. They could play it but the magic of the song would be gone.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Neil did 'Man Of The World' with Mike at the gig recently and apparently it went well. So I'd say he can pull it off. They could just add some interesting visuals and it could be great. The interesting thing is how they tell this story and show this line of progression, integrating it all together. And presenting it to the breed of fans not totally familiar with it, who have been mainly exposed to the Rumours line up. Which is what I started with.

(I was an 80s and 90s kid. But I became aware of the Peter Green era after seeing a documentary about Mick on TV, and some of the songs were familiar, I just didn't realise where they originated from. Once the penny dropped, I was nearly falling over myself! Doh!)

But it's still a long way to go, at this point theorising and guessing what they'll be doing.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's impossible to replace Lindsey, but I'm looking forward to seeing the new lineup and hear them explore some older songs that have been hibernating for many years.

I saw Neil Finn's recent performance at Largo where Mike Campbell came out to play a couple of songs including "Man of The World". Sounded great!

In particular, I'm hoping to hear "Dust", "Green Manalishi", "The Way I Feel", "Why", "Storms", "Oh Daddy", "Sisters of The Moon", and "Planets of The Universe".