Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
He is obviously a shameless poser. I think he has talent beyond being an obnoxious and offensive ass, but his arrogance and inflated ego gets in the way. I don't see any appeal in his personality or his wife, whose main claim to fame seems to be, ironically, her big offensive ass -- I believe that is where she stores her "hard earned" obscene amount of money.
Maybe you don't remember because it's been a few years but Kim Kardashian first became famous for a "leaked" sex tape of her and her then boyfriend, another rapper whose name I don't know.
That "earned" her a reality show; after that she became a "star".
Old 03-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
It may not be a big deal but it sure is funny as hell since it's not the first time that something like this happened:

Ignorance and illiteracy at its finest! Welcome to the new generation.

Funny thing is, I was thinking of another band and another song: Jefferson Airplane's signature song "Somebody to Love."

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-09-2015 at 10:15 PM..
Old 03-09-2015, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe you don't remember because it's been a few years but Kim Kardashian first became famous for a "leaked" sex tape of her and her then boyfriend, another rapper whose name I don't know.
For the life of me.What does Kim K see in these idiots.I know its not the money.She has plenty of that without them.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Funny thing is, I was thinking of another band and another song: Jefferson Airplane's signature song "Somebody to Love."
I agree. I guess they dont teach 20th century pop music in schools these days.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
For the life of me.What does Kim K see in these idiots.I know its not the money.She has plenty of that without them.
Well, apart from her striking good looks she doesn't really have any other good quality...
I suppose they deserve each other.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:

Yes, I thought about it too but, while Queen's music is quite across-the-board, there's no way that a specific acid rock act like Jefferson Airplane could reach the same audience as Justin Bieber.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I actually take pride in not having a firm grasp of anything to do with her. When anything about her (or them) invades my TV screen, I change the channel. Unfortunately they've become media fixtures that are hard evade.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
I actually take pride in not having a firm grasp of anything to do with her. When anything about her (or them) invades my TV screen, I change the channel. Unfortunately they've become media fixtures that are hard evade.
Among people my age is practically impossible to avoid them because even even my favourite TV shows are full of references about Kardashians or Kanye West.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres a story with Pres Obama talking about Kanye on the Jimmy Kimmel show.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...me-number.html

Marlow Stern

POTUS TALKS
President Obama Disses Kanye West: ‘I Don’t Think I’ve Got His Home Number’

On Thursday night, the president appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and opened up about Ferguson, race, and his relationship with rapper/entrepreneur Kanye West.

When I spoke to Jimmy Kimmel this week, the first-rate host of ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! said that, despite the comedic nature of his show, he wasn’t going to pull any punches when it came to his interview with President Obama.

“I’m not going to pretend to be an expert on foreign policy, or health care, or any of those things. But we will definitely get into stuff that is a little more serious,” Kimmel said.

And that he did.

On Thursday, the late-night host grilled the commander-in-chief on a variety of subjects, ranging from his daughters’ use of social media (“Michelle and I try to emphasize to them that we don’t want them on TMZ,” Obama said.) and Hillary Clinton’s new email address (“I don’t think she’d want you to have it, quite frankly!”) to the recent events in Ferguson, including a Justice Department report revealing gross misconduct within the city council and police department, a bevy of racist internal emails being circulated among cops, the police chief’s resignation, and two officers who recently were shot.

“The first time was when I was a senator and he was with his mom. He’d just gotten big. He’s from Chicago, so they wanted to meet, and he was very soft-spoken and very gracious.”

“What had been happening in Ferguson was oppressive and objectionable and worthy of protest, but there was no excuse for criminal acts,” Obama said of the two officers that were shot. “What we have to make sure is the folks that disregard and disrespect the other side, the people that resort to violence, that they’re marginalized. They’re not the majority. In the same way that you can’t generalize about police officers who do an extraordinarily tough job, overwhelmingly they do it professionally, you can’t generalize about protesters who, it turns out, had some very legitimate grievances. The Justice Department report showed African Americans were being stopped disproportionately mainly so that the city could raise money, even though these were unjust.”

Kimmel also took the time to address Obama’s historically strained relationship with the musician/entrepreneur Kanye West. The president once famously called West “a jackass,” but has since backpedaled off that statement. And in a recent talk with Oxford University students, West said, “I understand that I’m a servant. And with my voice, with my ability to build relationships with amazing people, speak to amazing people... Call Elon Musk out of the blue or call Obama out of the blue… he calls the home phone, by the way.”

Kimmel, as is his wont, asked Obama if there was any truth to this whatsoever. And it turns out… there isn’t.

“I’ve met Kanye twice,” Obama said. “The first time was when I was a senator and he was with his mom. He’d just gotten big. He’s from Chicago, so they wanted to meet, and he was very soft-spoken and very gracious. He was a young guy, and hadn’t quite come into his own. And about six months ago, he came to an event and, look, I love his music and he’s incredibly creative. I don’t think I’ve got his home number.”

The president added, “I do love his music though. He’s terrific.”

Old 03-13-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Heres a story with Pres Obama talking about Kanye on the Jimmy Kimmel show.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...me-number.html

Marlow Stern

POTUS TALKS
President Obama Disses Kanye West: ‘I Don’t Think I’ve Got His Home Number’

On Thursday night, the president appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and opened up about Ferguson, race, and his relationship with rapper/entrepreneur Kanye West.

When I spoke to Jimmy Kimmel this week, the first-rate host of ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! said that, despite the comedic nature of his show, he wasn’t going to pull any punches when it came to his interview with President Obama.

“I’m not going to pretend to be an expert on foreign policy, or health care, or any of those things. But we will definitely get into stuff that is a little more serious,” Kimmel said.

And that he did.

On Thursday, the late-night host grilled the commander-in-chief on a variety of subjects, ranging from his daughters’ use of social media (“Michelle and I try to emphasize to them that we don’t want them on TMZ,” Obama said.) and Hillary Clinton’s new email address (“I don’t think she’d want you to have it, quite frankly!”) to the recent events in Ferguson, including a Justice Department report revealing gross misconduct within the city council and police department, a bevy of racist internal emails being circulated among cops, the police chief’s resignation, and two officers who recently were shot.

“The first time was when I was a senator and he was with his mom. He’d just gotten big. He’s from Chicago, so they wanted to meet, and he was very soft-spoken and very gracious.”

“What had been happening in Ferguson was oppressive and objectionable and worthy of protest, but there was no excuse for criminal acts,” Obama said of the two officers that were shot. “What we have to make sure is the folks that disregard and disrespect the other side, the people that resort to violence, that they’re marginalized. They’re not the majority. In the same way that you can’t generalize about police officers who do an extraordinarily tough job, overwhelmingly they do it professionally, you can’t generalize about protesters who, it turns out, had some very legitimate grievances. The Justice Department report showed African Americans were being stopped disproportionately mainly so that the city could raise money, even though these were unjust.”

Kimmel also took the time to address Obama’s historically strained relationship with the musician/entrepreneur Kanye West. The president once famously called West “a jackass,” but has since backpedaled off that statement. And in a recent talk with Oxford University students, West said, “I understand that I’m a servant. And with my voice, with my ability to build relationships with amazing people, speak to amazing people... Call Elon Musk out of the blue or call Obama out of the blue… he calls the home phone, by the way.”

Kimmel, as is his wont, asked Obama if there was any truth to this whatsoever. And it turns out… there isn’t.

“I’ve met Kanye twice,” Obama said. “The first time was when I was a senator and he was with his mom. He’d just gotten big. He’s from Chicago, so they wanted to meet, and he was very soft-spoken and very gracious. He was a young guy, and hadn’t quite come into his own. And about six months ago, he came to an event and, look, I love his music and he’s incredibly creative. I don’t think I’ve got his home number.”

The president added, “I do love his music though. He’s terrific.”
God, how can you lie about being friends with the US president? It's like those lies you say in kindergarden to impress people: "I'm friends with the Queen of England!" I used to say.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-16-2015 at 01:36 PM..
Old 03-16-2015, 01:39 PM

Paul McCartney’s Ex Mocks His Collaborations With Kanye West and Rihanna
by Jeff Giles March 16, 2015 1:45 PM

You can add Paul McCartney‘s ex-wife Heather Mills to the list of people who seem to think he’s been expanding his list of collaborators in an effort to remain relevant.
Mills, who went through a publicly nasty split from McCartney after their 2002-08 marriage, weighed in on the subject during a recent appearance on Ireland’s The Late Late Show. After insisting that she didn’t want the interview to be all about her ex and saying she found the subject “so boring,” Mills still found herself drawn in after host Ryan Tubridy suggested that she probably has to field questions about their relationship on a regular basis.
When Tubridy argued that more people are interested in the subject than she realizes, Mills said,No, they’re not. That’s the thing. If I go down the street, all I get is kids coming up to me. Half of them don’t even know who he is. That’s why he’s got to do songs with Rihanna and Kanye West, so people remember.
Whatever the reasons for McCartney’s growing series of recordings with West, the gambit seems to have worked: As previously reported, “FourFiveSeconds,” his song with West and Rihanna, has given him his biggest hit in roughly three decades, and it’s exposed him to a whole new generation of listeners.
According to Mills, however, most people she meets are really interested in what she’s done with her career — which, she reminded her host, included a list of accomplishments that’s impressive enough in its own right. “When I go down the street,” she told Tubridy, “It’s ‘Oh my god! You’re a ski-racer,’ or ‘You help the animals.’ You know,” Mills added, “I own the biggest vegan company in the world.

Read More: Paul McCartney's Ex Mocks His Collaborations With Kanye West and Rihanna | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-...ckback=tsmclip

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-16-2015 at 01:41 PM..
Old 04-21-2015, 02:16 PM

Default what a sicko

Courtney Love Says She and Kurt Cobain Made a Sex Tape
by Nick DeRiso April 21, 2015 2:36 PM

Director Brett Morgen was given full access to Courtney Love‘s video and audio collection while making the Kurt Cobain documentary Montage of Heck, and Love says he stumbled across something naughty.
Somehow, Brett found the sex tape,” Love said during a premiere Q&A session at the Tribeca Film Festival, according to the Pulse of Radio. “Everyone makes one sex tape once in their lives.
Love, who was speaking over the weekend at the event, didn’t give any further details – and for that we can all be thankful, right? She did reveal, however, that personal footage of Love and Cobain was shot by Eric Erlandson, a pre-Cobain boyfriend who later served as guitarist in Love’s band Hole. (Erlandson, years later, also wrote a book of poems dedicated to the late Cobain.) “Eric would come over to our house,” Love told the audience, “and shoot really intimate stuff with me and Kurt.
Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck, which premieres May 4 on HBO, uses personal video footage and audio documents to tell the doomed Nirvana frontman’s story. Among the many surprises is Cobain’s touching cover of a Beatles song.
Morgen, during the same Q&A, praised Love for being so open, saying she was “completely courageous” to provide such sweeping access to family material. Love said she’s already seen Montage of Heck four times – including a very emotional viewing with Frances, her daughter with Cobain.

Read More: Courtney Love Says She and Kurt Cobain Made a Sex Tape | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/court...ckback=tsmclip
Old 05-02-2015, 04:28 PM

Paul McCartney Had an Escape Plan for Kanye West Collaboration
by Dave Lifton May 2, 2015 2:31 PM

While the collaboration between Paul McCartney and Kanye West has resulted in a handful of hits, the former Beatle wasn’t sure that it would work. In a new interview, McCartney admits that he went into the sessions knowing how he would get out of it if needed.

My first thought was, ‘Woah, what am I going to get into here?’” he tells the Sun. “He is amazingly talented but controversial and can make eccentric moves. I realized if it didn’t work out we’d just say so and shake hands and leave.

The first song the two released, “Only One,” was, as it turns out, inspired by one of McCartney’s most famous tunes. “We sat around and talked an awful lot just to break the ice,” he continues. “One of the stories I told him was about how I happened to have written ‘Let It Be’. My mum came to me in a dream when she’d died years previously. I was in a bit of a state — it was the Sixties and I was overdoing it. In the dream she said, ‘Don’t worry it’s all going to be fine, just let it be.’ And I woke up and thought, ‘Woah’ and wrote the song. I told Kanye this and he said, ‘I’m going to write a song with my mum.’ So then I sat down at the piano.

But is there any truth to West’s claim that he helped restore some John Lennon-esque angst to McCartney’s music? He didn’t say, but he did note that their writing process was similar to how he and John wrote together in the Beatles.

When I wrote with John, he would sit down with a guitar. I would sit down. We’d ping-pong till we had a song. It was like that.

Read More: Paul McCartney Had an Escape Plan for Kanye West Collaboration | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-...ckback=tsmclip