User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
I thought the same thing and wouldn't be surprised if he turns out right all along and this was all damage control from very legal aggression.
I'd be really surprised if he was right about everything. But maybe they thought it would generate enough disappointment to be problematic, or some combination of him being partially right and generating bad press.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:24 PM
Senior Ledgie

I thought FM77 commented recently about Julia, but I cant find the post now. I wonder the actual status of that track/single(?)
Old 07-30-2014, 02:24 PM
Ledgie

I was also trashed for presenting factual information yesterday pointing to Moe being a troll. In any event, another user from Ivory Keys has now interacted with Paul Boyd on Facebook (with a screenshot to prove it) and Paul Boyd, Stevie's music video director, confirmed that Julia is NOT the first single. He said to "stand by" and that the first single will be announced soon. I still think that the first single is very likely "The Dealer" or "Gold and Braid." Both songs would lend themselves to the type of performance/location involved with the video. Would be cool to have Stevie singing The Dealer in the United Artists Theatre with various images from her four decade career on the screens behind her.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
I'd be really surprised if he was right about everything.
For sure. I meant only the track listing. But I've been a bit lackadaisical about gathering information myself, but looking forward to the final product later this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineInTheSand
I still think that the first single is very likely "The Dealer". Would be cool to have Stevie singing The Dealer in the United Artists Theatre with various images from her four decade career on the screens behind her.
I agree. The Dealer would be a great lead single, especially if it remains close to the demo musically. I'm still confused if she is re-singing/re-recording the demos or these are the original demos.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineInTheSand View Post
I was also trashed for presenting factual information yesterday pointing to Moe being a troll. In any event, another user from Ivory Keys has now interacted with Paul Boyd on Facebook (with a screenshot to prove it) and Paul Boyd, Stevie's music video director, confirmed that Julia is NOT the first single. He said to "stand by" and that the first single will be announced soon. I still think that the first single is very likely "The Dealer" or "Gold and Braid." Both songs would lend themselves to the type of performance/location involved with the video. Would be cool to have Stevie singing The Dealer in the United Artists Theatre with various images from her four decade career on the screens behind her.
Right? So now we go back to the possibility that "Julia" might not even be on the album. So really, we only have 24 Karat Gold, Starshine, The "I Don't Care" song, The Dealer (per FF77's info) and "possibly" Watch Devil (per Miami Herald writer Howard Cohen, who was also the first to confirm The Dealer).

Of course, It wouldn't surprise me one bit when they finally release the official list, and we get 24 Karat, Starshine and 14 OTHER SONGS completely removed from the previous three fake tracklists. I'm betting we're in for some unexpected surprises and strange choices from Miss Nicks.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Right? So now we go back to the possibility that "Julia" might not even be on the album. So really, we only have 24 Karat Gold, Starshine, The "I Don't Care" song, The Dealer (per FF77's info) and "possibly" Watch Devil (per Miami Herald writer Howard Cohen, who was also the first to confirm The Dealer).

Of course, It wouldn't surprise me one bit when they finally release the official list, and we get 24 Karat, Starshine and 14 OTHER SONGS completely removed from the previous three fake tracklists. I'm betting we're in for some unexpected surprises and strange choices from Miss Nicks.
When they were recording, in one photo Dave had that Rhiannon drawing in front of him. It is my hope that was because they were recording the Rhiannon songs.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
The Dealer would be a great lead single, especially if it remains close to the demo musically. I'm still confused if she is re-singing/re-recording the demos or these are the original demos.
I cannot tell you how long I have wished The Dealer had been a single, and I really hope that turns out to be the case.

My understanding from the interviews, is that they have re-recorded everything, because she indicated that these tracks were no longer in her possession. Though if they did have old studio tapes from which to sample, or pull instrumentation, that would make this a very unique album, up to 45 years in the making (!).
Old 07-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
I cannot tell you how long I have wished The Dealer had been a single, and I really hope that turns out to be the case.
Me too and I am willing to call every radio station in the country to get them to play it if it was released
Old 07-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As for the "Moe" confession has anyone other than the poster who claims they saw it on FB actually seen this for themselves...It I found a valuable piece of information such as this I surely would at the very least have goten a "screencap" of the post so I could prove the validity of my claim as well as posting the link here as well so others could see it and back up my story...If there is NO proof the "Moe confession" ever existed I say it's a fabrication created in the interest of simply stirring the pot a little more...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 07-30-2014 at 03:24 PM..
Old 07-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

My understanding from the interviews, is that they have re-recorded everything, because she indicated that these tracks were no longer in her possession. Though if they did have old studio tapes from which to sample, or pull instrumentation, that would make this a very unique album, up to 45 years in the making (!).
You know, I wouldn't know The Dealer if I fell over it. I just don't remember it. I know I have it somewhere in my collection so I will find it and listen to it tonight. There seems to be a great amount of love for that song.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 07-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So the plot continues to thicken. BTW I am not sure I understand the enthusiasm for The Dealer. I know I am a minority of one but the old demo sounds like quite a dull, unmelodic, snoozer of a song with really bad vocals. It's boring. If it is to be a single or something I pray that they really reconceived it production-wise.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
As for the "Moe" confession has anyone other than the poster who claims they saw it on FB actually seen this for themselves...It I found a valuable piece of information such as this I surely would at the very least have goten a "screencap" of the post so I could prove the validity of my claim as well as posting the link here as well so others could see it and back up my story...Since there is NO proof the "Moe confession" ever existed I say it's a fabrication created in the interest of simply stirring the pot a little more...
It happened! I copy and pasted it onto the ledge! Ask anyone who saw it it happened

Moe was FAKE he said he got bored and that was has wishlist
Old 07-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Registered

Quote:
I'd be really surprised if he was right about everything. But maybe they thought it would generate enough disappointment to be problematic, or some combination of him being partially right and generating bad press.
You won't be really surprised, I know he was fake
Old 07-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LineInTheSand View Post
Again...Has anyone actually seen the Paul Boyd FB post other than the Ivory Keys person??? Remember the @StevieNicks tweet I mocked up??? Things are easily fabricated...As for the "Ivory Keys" since it is run by someone with a strong dislike for the Ledge I would not put to much faith in any info gotten there especially if they know you will post it here...
Old 07-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Regarding the Moe confession, I also saw it. It did happen.

Regarding The Dealer: I'm not a fan of the slower Tusk version - that one is also a snooze to me. But the Bella Donna version - especially the 2/17/81 (take 8 or 9 I believe) - the one with the lyrics Jesse showed me at an early age in the second chorus - that version I find to be a rocking version with a solid hook that could easily make for a great single and also return her to a more rocker type formate than leading with a single like Every Day, for example.

Edit: This is the version of The Dealer I am referring to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek85...FAA1563ED46360

Last edited by StevieNicksfann; 07-30-2014 at 03:49 PM..