Old 06-02-2013, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Denver, Colorado June 1, 2013 Pepsi Center

The Chain by Michelle Maes

Sad Angel by Michelle Maes

Rhiannon by Michelle Maes

Old 06-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, Viv, for posting all these videos!

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 06-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Thanks, Viv, for posting all these videos!
You are very welcome, Debbie. It's my pleasure to gather them all in one place.

Sara by Michelle Maes

Never Going Back Again by Michelle Maes

Stevie's almost four minute adorable explanation of Without You by Michelle Maes

Without You by Michelle Maes

Last edited by vivfox; 06-02-2013 at 12:08 PM..
Old 06-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Big Love by Michelle Maes

Landslide by Michelle Maes

Dreams by Michelle Maes

Old 06-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You're an absolute legend for posting all of these great youtube videos in one place, Viv. I can't bare traversing the minefield of awful youtube concert videos. I don't know how you stand it, but I'm glad you do.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
You're an absolute legend for posting all of these great youtube videos in one place, Viv. I can't bare traversing the minefield of awful youtube concert videos. I don't know how you stand it, but I'm glad you do.
Someone's gotta do the dirty work.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default I can only agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
You are doing an awesome job Viv! Since my FM concert still is 4 1/2 months away it is such a treat to find all the clips here in one place...

....your work is highly appreciated!!
Old 06-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie1980 View Post
You are doing an awesome job Viv! Since my FM concert still is 4 1/2 months away it is such a treat to find all the clips here in one place...

....your work is highly appreciated!!
Wow, you guys are making me blush. Thank you so much for the love. I'm really enjoying the spontaineous explanations of Without You. It's so refreshing not to have scripted speeches for a change.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Landslide by Andreas DeValera

Old 06-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I usually don't watch these videos, but since Viv mentioned Without You, I had to go look. So Stevie has explained that after Without You was stolen and copied and returned that she and Lindsey lost it themselves, which is what I didn't understand.

When they were looking for a song to replace Silver Springs, I wonder if they ever thought of that one. Even if it was lost, it was fresh in their mind in 1975. But IDWTK is certainly livelier.

She talks about the BN album getting critical acclaim. I think I have only seen one review of it. I wish I had more.

Michele
Old 06-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I usually don't watch these videos, but since Viv mentioned Without You, I had to go look. So Stevie has explained that after Without You was stolen and copied and returned that she and Lindsey lost it themselves, which is what I didn't understand.

When they were looking for a song to replace Silver Springs, I wonder if they ever thought of that one. Even if it was lost, it was fresh in their mind in 1975. But IDWTK is certainly livelier.

She talks about the BN album getting critical acclaim. I think I have only seen one review of it. I wish I had more.

Michele
I just think it's funny she has decided the WIthout You casette was stolen from their house, when by the time they were really famous and people would have been more inclined to stealing their stuff they were not a couple. I know, muddy waters...still if she ever decides to go into detective work...

I liked the original direction of the story better though- before she cooled to the subject matter. Now, instead of a "we were so in love" story we get the awkward case of the stolen demo-album tanking-thanks for saving me from a life of waitressing narrative.

Last edited by CADreaming; 06-02-2013 at 03:13 PM..
Old 06-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Landslide by Morgan Gray/ Lindsey & Stevie can still be seen through the pull down screen which is good for the fans sitting at that angle. This is fun to watch because of the angle.

I'm So Afraid by Morgan Gray

Landslide by bouncingsoul

Old 06-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I just think it's funny she has decided the WIthout You casette was stolen from their house, when by the time they were really famous and people would have been more inclined to stealing their stuff they were not a couple. I know, muddy waters...still if she ever decides to go into detective work...
If Stevie hadn't been a singer, she would have been a detective.

You're right. I'm sure a lot of young performers, all scrambling to get a record contract and competing against each other, might have stolen each other's demos. Just like comedians steal each other's jokes. But it seems like a whole bunch of Stevie's demos were taken so that they could be copied and disseminated (or sold) to fans. This would only have happened after she became famous.

Why would she think that Without You was stolen when she and Lindsey still lived together -- although it could have happened after the White album came out and before Rumours. I guess they had a house then -- or at least they had frequent sleepovers.

Michele
Old 06-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

By Ray Mark Rinaldi Posted June 2, 2013, 9:35 am MT
http://blogs.denverpost.com/artmosph...eethoven/9893/

[there's a picture of someone dressed like Christine in the article, which is something you don't see often]

Fleetwood Mac goes on and on in Denver, kinda like Beethoven

If you compared the crowd that was downtown this Saturday night to see Fleetwood Mac with the crowd downtown last Saturday night to hear the Colorado Symphony, you wouldn’t find that much difference.

Both audiences were up there in terms of age, mostly old enough to have grandchildren, and overwhelmingly caucasian, maybe 90 percent, if you can actually guess those things by looking.

The Pepsi Center folks drank more alcohol, and didn’t turn off their phones, and the orchestra attendees were way better-dressed and polite enough not to shout “We love you Stevie Nicks” while the singer was actually trying to perform. But the two sets shared one key element: enthusiasm. The ovations were made standing in both houses and that basic human need to be sated by very familiar music – whether guitar-driven or violin-driven — was never in doubt.

Who would have thought 35 years after the band started playing, people would still be interested in hearing Fleetwood Mac. Or that the musicians, rich, adored and legacy secured, would still be interested in playing.

But there it was Saturday at Pepsi, the house visibly sold out, the players up there rocking out, in earnest, and in appealing way that went way beyond nostalgia. They’re still very talented pop stars, attractive, energized, envied. If classical music isn’t selling the way it was a few decades ago, don’t blame Beethoven. Blame rock ‘n’ roll for not giving up its hold on fans, for staying competitive for those concert dollars even when everyone, on stage and off, is old enough to retire.

That was especially true with Fleetwood Mac. Who played 22 songs for 2 hours and 41 minutes, with all but two of them from their vast catalog of hits. The band stayed in there, delivering pretty much all of the quirky and sure personality they are known for.

Lead guitarist Lindsey Buckhingham, 63, but with the lean body of a 30-year-old and a Hollywood tan, pulled off heroic solos, particularly on “Looking Out for Love.” Drummer Mick Fleetwood, 65, shouted, sweated and banged the night away. He held the stage, just by himself, for maybe 10 long minutes around “World Turning” during the extended encore.

Stevie Nicks, 65 last Sunday, worked her tambourine, and those scarves and gold chains tied to her microphone, and her lacey shawls and finger-less gloves and threw her guttural voice out like a rock star. After three decades of performing “Gold Dust Woman” and “Dreams,” the routine is down. She stills does her famous spinning moves on cue, (though just 14 careful turns Saturday eve), but she chooses her earthier moments like a pro and goes for it. She remains amazing to watch on stage.

Fleetwood Mac concerts used to be rowdier, more drugs, more screams, more dancing. Back in the day, half the women showed up in gauzy, Stevie Nicks drag. Last night, there were only a few gals rocking the high boots and bandanas, though it was good to see them.

But like a night at the orchestra, it all seemed unfailingly appropriate. The show started on time and the sound was at a reasonable level. The between-song chatter was about the importance of family. There were lots of sentimental tales of the band in its early days. It was kinda nice.

Some people would see that as the death of rock ‘n’ roll, no anger, no danger, no cigarette lighters, no youthful vibe, really. But rock has always taken its real strength from its humanity; its naturalness, rather than its costume-driven rawness. Natural, three decades in, isn’t as loud, and not as much beer gets spilled in the floor, but it has its own sort of enthusiasm, and it goes on and on and on.

Be sure to check out the Denver Post’s pop music website, Reverb, where you’ll find more reviews, and photos, of local concerts.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm worried. Haven't looked at the videos Viv posted yet but I have been listening to the performances from other FM Live 2013 concerts posted on YouTube. I don't know if anyone else is thinking it but I sure am...I'm afraid that maybe Stevie can't sing. At least not consistently well. She certainly isn't performing as well as she did a decade ago on the Say You Will Tour. Not just vocally but also physically - the energy that was there, the carefree dancing...it has gone. Don't want to be a killjoy but part of me says she's slowly losing the extreme talent she once had. As a Stevie fan it's quite disheartening, particularly given that she doesn't play an instrument - her voice is all she has.

I hope they record a concert from the 2013 tour and some new studio Fleetwood Mac material penned by Stevie before she completely loses it. Am sure Auto Tune was used quite frequently on In Your Dreams...

And now I sound petty and unappreciative/selfish but just wanted to share these thoughts and see if anyone else was feeling it...so, are you?