Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default question re. Tusk

Good day. Just a question here. I was just reading the section on the "Tusk" album, in the book, "Fleetwood Mac: The Definitive History", by Mike Evans. On page 169, where the personnel are credited, George Harrison, and Peter Green, are both identified as, "uncredited guitar". I'm just wondering if you- or anyone else- can shed any light on this issue. Specifically, on which song(s) exactly do/does either of the two appear? Do either of the two of them play a solo only, or guitar throughout a particular track? Again, I would appreciate any insight you may be able to provide. Thanks in advance...
Old 06-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY4583 View Post
Good day. Just a question here. I was just reading the section on the "Tusk" album, in the book, "Fleetwood Mac: The Definitive History", by Mike Evans. On page 169, where the personnel are credited, George Harrison, and Peter Green, are both identified as, "uncredited guitar". I'm just wondering if you- or anyone else- can shed any light on this issue. Specifically, on which song(s) exactly do/does either of the two appear? Do either of the two of them play a solo only, or guitar throughout a particular track? Again, I would appreciate any insight you may be able to provide. Thanks in advance...
i just heard recently some response, to a part of your question:

Lindsey was asked about Peter Green's possible playing on Brown Eyes in the recent BBC4 interview (link and discussion of that interview is somewhere further below). he said that from what he remembers, Tusk recording time was probably the first time he ever met Peter Green, and that he was around on and off a bit during Tusk recording sessions - and it might be very possible that he played on Brown Eyes at some point. he said he cannot tell for sure whether his guitar parts ended up in the final mix or not. so that's Lindsey's recollection, there may be other people who were there who know more.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Pete plays the solo at the end. It sounds a lot like his technique, his feel.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i just heard recently some response, to a part of your question:

Lindsey was asked about Peter Green's possible playing on Brown Eyes in the recent BBC4 interview (link and discussion of that interview is somewhere further below). he said that from what he remembers, Tusk recording time was probably the first time he ever met Peter Green, and that he was around on and off a bit during Tusk recording sessions - and it might be very possible that he played on Brown Eyes at some point. he said he cannot tell for sure whether his guitar parts ended up in the final mix or not. so that's Lindsey's recollection, there may be other people who were there who know more.
It's funny - Lindsey sort of backpedaled on that. He previously was adamant that Peter could not have played on it because Mick would have insisted he was credited on the album.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
It's funny - Lindsey sort of backpedaled on that. He previously was adamant that Peter could not have played on it because Mick would have insisted he was credited on the album.
I don't know Peter that well, but I think Peter would have insisted to NOT be credited on the album...
Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I don't know Peter that well, but I think Peter would have insisted to NOT be credited on the album...
Idk about Peter. That was just what Lindsey said about Mick. Wouldn't he get paid if he was credited?
Old 08-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Idk about Peter. That was just what Lindsey said about Mick. Wouldn't he get paid if he was credited?
Yes. But that exactly could have been the reason for Peter to insist NOT to be credited.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know George Harrison played acoustic guitar on Mick's The Visitor version of "Walk A Thin Line". Never heard of George being involved in the Tusk sessions before, but maybe he was.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is what Mick said about that episode in his book. But he doesn't mention if Peter played for the final version or not:

He married his girlfriend at my house in Bel Air in January 1978. Later, when Sara moved in, he'd show up and gruffly ask her to cook him some breakfast. The best thing was that Pete had started playing the guitar again. We formulated many great plans together. Peter would become a client of Seedy Management. We'd get him a record deal. Pete was as enthusiastic as I'd ever seen him. It was like having old Greenie back in the fold again. He came to the studio and played on "Brown Eyes," one of the songs Chris had written for the new album.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Peter Green is on the tail end of Brown Eyes. I always wished there was a mix that didn't start the fade out so soon on the solo. It's really quite beautiful and definitely one of the best moments on the album.

I think the writer confused the George Harrison credit with his gorgeous guitar on Mick Fleetwood's album The Visitor, which is still not available on iTunes.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I know George Harrison played acoustic guitar on Mick's The Visitor version of "Walk A Thin Line". Never heard of George being involved in the Tusk sessions before, but maybe he was.
HA: so Lindsey's take on Here Comes The Sun could have been in honour of Harrison's guitarwork on a Lindseycover. Or, in your world, Lindsey ruïned HCTS because Harrison ruïned Walk A Thin Line. (Which IS pretty aweful to my ears).