View Poll Results: Me likes...
A 44 83.02%
B 9 16.98%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2011, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You know what will be hard to take? If he slows down during the live shows. That will be a wake up call. Hopefully one we won't get for another 5 years.Michele
Let's make it 15 years
Old 02-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
It's a double-edged sword - yes, the demands of a many date world tour must be draining, on the other hand he looked so totally alive and vital and happy on that stage; and he's the one who never wants to leave the stage!

I think those long tours are probably fun and exciting and that offsets the tiredness.

He is so physically fit, he can take it - let's have another Mac tour please in the not too distant future.
This. 100%!!! I know we sometimes b1tch about LB being kind of skinny, but he is in incredible shape. He runs around like a 20-something on stage and he OWNS the FM live shows, period. So I am both eternally grateful and blown away by his mesmerizing talent and if he can keep it up for as long as he can or can't I'm still there for him. (I'll bet he starts throwing in some acoustic stuff where he stands instead of actually sitting on a stool or taking breaks. JMO.)
Old 02-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

How did he go from being kinda bloated and pudgy during the Dance Tour to where he was fit and trim by 2001? It seems like it has never been discussed. I'm assuming he started working out or something. You gotta respect him for keeping in great shape at 61.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
How did he go from being kinda bloated and pudgy during the Dance Tour to where he was fit and trim by 2001? It seems like it has never been discussed. I'm assuming he started working out or something. You gotta respect him for keeping in great shape at 61.
It seems like a lot of people ( at least that I know ) go through a heavy stage in their middle years. Even the ones who were always so fit. I always figured, between his brother's death, bad relationships and whatever else, he just kinda "let himself go", and by 1997 it pretty much caught up with him. It happens...

But, again I have to say that other than his face, he really didn't look heavy at all - to me. In other videos shot around that time, and in photos, he was still pretty skinny - not like he is now - but skinny by most people's standards. Which is why I think it was probably due to Rx meds more than anything.

Anyways, He's naturally slim. I doubt it was hard to get it off and keep it off once he married Kristen. Looking at her, they probably eat really healthy! To me he doesn't look like he works out too much, but maybe walks or swims whenever he can
Old 02-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
This. 100%!!! I know we sometimes b1tch about LB being kind of skinny, but he is in incredible shape. He runs around like a 20-something on stage and he OWNS the FM live shows, period. So I am both eternally grateful and blown away by his mesmerizing talent and if he can keep it up for as long as he can or can't I'm still there for him. (I'll bet he starts throwing in some acoustic stuff where he stands instead of actually sitting on a stool or taking breaks. JMO.)
He does own the FM shows - it's hard to look anywhere but at him. I swear I drooled so much at the Unleashed gig that the front of my T-shirt was soaked! I don't think I've ever seen anyone as charismatic as Lindsey.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
I wonder if he still swims. It's funny how Mick was the one using the gym equipment on Destiny Rules.

I marvel at how Lindsey started to slim down during the Dance tour. When I look at the boots, it appears that he has dropped at least 20 pounds from the beginning to the end. For the RRHOF, for instance, he looks thinner than he does on The Dance DVD.

Michele
Old 02-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I wonder if he still swims. It's funny how Mick was the one using the gym equipment on Destiny Rules.

I marvel at how Lindsey started to slim down during the Dance tour. When I look at the boots, it appears that he has dropped at least 20 pounds from the beginning to the end. For the RRHOF, for instance, he looks thinner than he does on The Dance DVD.

Michele
I have no gradual weight-loss footage to go by. I only recall seeing the Dance and then seeing Live in Boston and thinking, "Wow, that dude lost some weight." I never saw the Dance tour weight loss, as I wasn't really an FM "follower" so I have never really seen pics/footage from around that time, never mind consistent tour dates documenting every angle of LB's body.

But he is notably skinnier these days then he was back then, and I have no idea when/how it started. He was thinner in the BTM, but he also looked about normal thin for him so it never registered. During the SYW tour is when you can really see it.

(Man, if LB ever did read this board he would probably be aghast at how we have micro-examined his hair, his clothes, his wife's career, and now his weight. Hey! Maybe if he released some info/pics/twitter updates/I don't care what it is but SOMETHING pertaining to this new album we'd be focusing all of our attentions on that. But alas, here we are. )
Old 02-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have no gradual weight-loss footage to go by. I only recall seeing the Dance and then seeing Live in Boston and thinking, "Wow, that dude lost some weight." I never saw the Dance tour weight loss, as I wasn't really an FM "follower" so I have never really seen pics/footage from around that time, never mind consistent tour dates documenting every angle of LB's body.

But he is notably skinnier these days then he was back then, and I have no idea when/how it started. He was thinner in the BTM, but he also looked about normal thin for him so it never registered. During the SYW tour is when you can really see it.

(Man, if LB ever did read this board he would probably be aghast at how we have micro-examined his hair, his clothes, his wife's career, and now his weight. Hey! Maybe if he released some info/pics/twitter updates/I don't care what it is but SOMETHING pertaining to this new album we'd be focusing all of our attentions on that. But alas, here we are. )
That's actually a really good point.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I thought it kind of amazing to see him lose weight in a matter of 8 weeks. Then, the RRHOF was just the following year.

I saw a lot of Dance shows for just a short tour and then I collected as many boots as I could find, even the ones graded "C." I couldn't really have done it, given my employer back then, but if I could go back in time, knowing that it was Christine's last tour, I would have tried to travel and see every last one of those concerts. I still feel sad inside over the whole thing, really. Can't get over or around it.

My feeling was that it was the beginning for FM. I thought they'd finish that short tour, go into the studio and do another album and then do a longer tour after that. With that kind of mindset, I was actually glad when the tour was over because I thought that would mean they'd get back into the studio sooner. Yes, I heard that Chris wanted to stay in England, but I thought they'd talk her out of that. And Lindsey kept talking about wanting to pay attention to his solo album, but I ignored him.

Knowing what I know now, I wish I could Dance again.

Michele
Old 02-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

lindsey is absolutely stunning. ive met him personally, and he viewed FLAWLESS. he is a man forever beautiful. trust.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey B scared the piss out of me!!
Old 02-13-2011, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Lindsey B scared the piss out of me!!
Lindsey Bieber.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
lindsey is absolutely stunning. ive met him personally, and he viewed FLAWLESS. he is a man forever beautiful. trust.
I trust you
Old 02-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh I believe you - Lindsey is going to be still exquisite when he's 90!

And I want to also say - you lucky thing!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
He does own the FM shows - it's hard to look anywhere but at him. I swear I drooled so much at the Unleashed gig that the front of my T-shirt was soaked! I don't think I've ever seen anyone as charismatic as Lindsey.
This is what everyone was talking about in Dublin -- well, maybe not the drooling bit. But so many people I talked to were just blown away by Lindsey's energy and charisma, particularly those of us right at the front who got so much of his attention. He's amazing

Quote:
Too fantastic for words When did you meet him, Nikki? Sorry if I've asked before!