User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-05-2003, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Is this Billy?

This photo is from the back cover of a selftitled album by a band called Blue Jug from 1978 on Ariola Records (SW-50028).

I think the guy on the far right MIGHT be Billy but I thought I'd ask here on this (or if anyone has further info on Billy's possible involvement with Blue Jug further to this (and their selftitled 1975 Capricorn album (which had an even less "telling" photo on it) would be greatly apprreciated.

Like the 1975 album, this album also lists the "bass" player in the band as "Bill Burnett" and "Burnett" has no writing credits on this album either but is once again co produced by one of (our) Billy's partners in crime back then, Larry Henley. Also, it's 11 tracks are different to the 9 tracks that appeared on the 1975 album so... hmm...

So, whaddaya think? Any opinions on this would be a great help as I don't know where else to try on this topic. Thanks in advance.

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bluejugbilly.jpg (73.7 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 01-05-2003 at 02:16 PM..
Old 01-05-2003, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John,

I don't know anything about the record or the group you're talking about, but I can ASSURE you that THAT IS NOT Billy Burnette in that picture......unless of course the guy knows one hell of a plastic surgeon. Hmmmm I wonder if Billy knows Jacko?!!

You say the lp is from '78....I'm not sure how old Billy is now but I would think that at that time he couldn't have been much older than early 20's.

Hope that helped a little....

Joe

Last edited by jwd; 01-05-2003 at 12:32 PM..
Old 01-05-2003, 12:56 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

(tsk, tsk, tsk) John, John, John.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! The Billy Burnette of "Rock & Roll Trio" lineage, former member of Mick Fleetwood's Zoo & Fleetwood Mac is nowhere to be found in there.

Just because there's a "Bill Burnett" does not mean it's THE "Billy Burnette".

Remember the Chantays?? You know, that old surf song "Pipeline"?? Their drummer's name is Bob Welch...no, not THAT "Bob Welch". Remember the 1981 World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers? Their star pitcher was Bob Welch, no, not THAT Bob Welch.

Methinks your looking TOO hard to find the most bizarre Fleetwood Mac oddities, there, John. A trait in you I commend, but, please, for God sake, put down & step away from the "Blue Jug".
Old 01-06-2003, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Thanks ChiliD, I needed that scolding, I figured as much but I guess I like to hear things in "writing" so to speak before I drop them.

I guess with the "Billy Burnett & Jawbone" single ("Just another love song") I have from '76 on A & M (which is DEFINITELY Billy) I thought he might be going through some sort of an identity crisis with these different spelling(s?) to his name! I'm guessing when he did the Jawbone thing that he must've been with A & M in the 60's under his "Burnette" moniker when he did the "Just because we're kinds" b/w "Little girl big love" single though I thought it was under the "Billy Beau" name as his first single was. I've got that first one but I haven't been able to find JBWK/LGBL yet though so it's just a guess on my part 'til I can find it (though I'm not very hopeful). If that 60's single(/album?) WAS under the "Burnette" name, at least that would explain the Jawbone deal as to why he maybe "had" to "change" the spelling for the Jawbone single(/album?). Oh well anyways, silly me!

You will be happy to know though that I never got to the point of collecting Chantays material or Dodgers/A's memorabelia on the 20 game winner (as those seemed more likely NOT to be the people in question).

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 01-06-2003 at 06:45 AM..
Old 01-06-2003, 09:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hi John!

Haven't chatted with you in a while. I can also reiterate that it is definitely NOT Billy Burnette! As the resident "Billy Freak" of The Ledge, I KNOW "my Billy"!

Thanks for posting it though! You may find one someday that really IS Billy in a rare photo! You know I'd LOVE to see that!

Have a great day and Happy New Year!!!

Michele "The Billy Freak"