Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default He'd Wait for Lindsey, but not the Pope

The Post Examiner [excerpt of a guy listing who he would wait for and who he would not wait for. He would wait for Lindsey, but not for the Pope]

Waiting for myself By James Moore · September 25, 2015 ·

See more at: http://lapostexaminer.com/waiting-fo....GETcFCaQ.dpuf

Looks like I got called out by my wife for my recent piece about the Pope. Actually, it was more about the fact I am not willing to wait on others that came across as me being negative and seeing my glass half empty that did not set well with her. Of course, as I write this, I just got done waiting 25 minutes to get out of a parking lot after a relaxing massage because a local charter school was in no hurry to let their kids leave for the day. Then I had the pleasure of waiting another half hour at our AAA branch so we can register a new vehicle. I am proud to say I kept my cool both times. -

I told my wife I would write about what I am willing to wait for, but did not make any promises it would be to her liking. However, because I am an anxious person by nature, I had to do some serious thinking on the matter. What better way for me to think than to hop on my bike and ride up a relatively quiet mountain road. So here is my list of people/places/things for which I will wait. Sorry, but the Pope is not on this list. -

8. Lindsey: My family knows all too well how much I love the music and genius of Lindsey Buckingham. If the Pope is the voice of God, Lindsey is his lead guitarist. He is the only celebrity I would wait in line to see or meet. It’s been that way since I fist heard him play when I was 15 and it is still that way today. Most of you are familiar with his work in Fleetwood Mac, but you really need to hear his solo work to appreciate just how talented he is. You might even start with the song, “I Am Waiting.” - See more at: http://lapostexaminer.com/waiting-fo....GETcFCaQ.dpuf
Old 09-30-2015, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Most of you are familiar with his work in Fleetwood Mac, but you really need to hear his solo work to appreciate just how talented he is. You might even start with the song, “I Am Waiting.” - See more at: http://lapostexaminer.com/waiting-fo....GETcFCaQ.dpuf
How ironic he uses a cover of a Rolling Stones song as an example of how talented Lindsey is.