Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allycattt View Post
THIS WAS ME. Basically Lindsey had been talking to me & my friends a lot that night throughout the concert because we were standing directly in front of him. During the Without You intro we were talking to Lindsey about picks and that's when Stevie was like "Are you even listening?!" or whatever. & he wasn't so she got annoyed. And then during Big Love he said "This song was written in 1987; before you were born, right?" and then he pointed at us. I just shrugged & my friend Ally yelled "1994! '94!" And then he said to her "'94?" and then I yelled "YEAH, WE'RE LEGAL." And he was like, in shock. LMFAO. He laughed and was blushing and then he said "Uhh.. I kind of lost my train of thought there." And I was like "SORRY LINDS!" It was hilarious. Everyone that heard was cracking up.
I think Stevie heard and she was mad. When they walked out together and hugged she was staring at us the entire time!
http://easilylovingyou.tumblr.com/po...ehehe-****-you
i can't believe video of that exchange didn't pop up anywhere yet - too bad, it was hilarious. i loved it that he's gone off the reservation with his BL intros now too, and responding to the audience.

surefire way to get Stevie's attention - give lots of love to Lindsey!! (you know that song "you only want me when i get over you"? )

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-28-2013, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Rhiannon by boston steve

Old 07-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Duke Chronicle Fleetwood Mac still dazzles a younger crowd

By Marie-Claire Bousquette | July 1, 2013 9:58
http://www.dukechronicle.com/article...-younger-crowd

On Saturday, June 22nd, something tremendous happened to me. Days later, it still feels like a dream when I recall watching Fleetwood Mac, live, surrounded by the still waters of Zach’s Bay at Jones Beach, N.Y. I saw one of the greatest bands of all time (yes, Kanye, of all time) and crossed a major entry off my bucket list at the mere age of 21. Music of the past resonates with me deeply, in a way that many teenagers and twenty-somethings miss out on by ignoring the great artists of decades past. As one of my friends said during the pre-concert tailgate as “Don’t Stop” played over our iPod speakers, “Do you remember ever not knowing this song?”

It didn’t seem that age had adversely affected the band’s performance at all. Stevie Nicks, now 65, was impeccable. Her voice sounded just as it did at the beginning of Fleetwood Mac, distinctive and “a little kind of gnome-like,” as she described it in 2011. She wore all black, as always, and twirled around the stage frequently, arms spreading her light-colored shawl out in her signature butterfly-like manner.

Lindsey Buckingham is still a wizard on his bizarrely-small and acoustic-looking Turner solid-body electric guitar. He took the guitar-heavy “Big Love” to an extreme, performing one of the best guitar solos I’ve ever heard in concert or on a record. He was so engaged in his music that, at the end of the minutes-long fingerpicking glory, Buckingham bent over, hands on knees, panting from the exertion. The rest of the band was just as energized and focused, particularly evident during Mick Fleetwood’s extended drum solo which lasted long enough for Nicks to leave the stage and find her black to p hat in time for “Go Your Own Way.”

The tension between Nicks and Buckingham, former lovers who split during the 1976 recording of the band’s legendary album, Rumours, was palpable throughout the concert. The second of three encore songs was “Silver Springs,” which Nicks sang directly to Buckingham for nearly all of its four and a half minutes. As I witnessed the thread of love still hanging in the air between them, I felt the chorus was particularly apt: “I’ll follow you down ‘til the sound of my voice will haunt you/you’ll never get away from the sound of the woman that loves you.”

My only qualm with the evening was the complete lack of enthusiasm from anyone over 25 in my seating section, the age group that constituted roughly 98 percent of the patrons. Those in the floor seats far in front of me stood for the entire concert, while my section remained quietly seated. Before this, I had never been shushed during a concert—certainly not one in a massive outdoor amphitheater. I watched as the man next to me asked his wife to stop dancing to “Stand Back” and sit down. As my friend and fellow Fleetwood-goer Laura Valk put it, “No one sits for Stevie. No one.” I really don’t think I’ve seen so many middle-aged people act “too cool” for anything before. Quite frankly, this is something I would expect more from my generation than from those who grew up when Fleetwood Mac ruled the airwaves.

The apathy of the older crowd in my section has manifested itself differently in my own generation. There are college students who can’t tell you who sang “Landslide” and have never heard “Go Your Own Way” sung by anyone but the Glee Cast. A number of college-aged music fans only listen to tracks that have come out in the last month, even calling music from 2012 “old news.” We miss something tremendous by subscribing to this mentality; there is so much to be discovered in the music of the past. Inspired songwriting and devoted musicianship produce beautiful results that transcend the decades, and Fleetwood Mac’s powerful, sold-out performance is a testament to this truth.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Found an audio file of the "we're legal" speech from Jones Beach. Pretty hilarious for LB.

Credit: chloelikesitcountry.tumblr.com

http://chloelikesitcountry.tumblr.com/post/54305695967
Old 07-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi all.Again its better late then never.

This show was the last show in my little FM tour before I head off to Atlantic City for some R and R for awhile.

I got to the venue about 5:30 and as I got out of the car to stretch my legs .

FM was doing a soundcheck with "Second Hand News" It sounded great.

The weather was great.It finally cooperated with us for a change .

It was nice to chat with some of you Ledgies at the show.Thank for your time guys.

Again I'm not going to get into a long winded boring play by play of the show here.

I have to say right off the bat .The band was having a blast on stage.Lindsey was on fire through out the show even if the water around him would not cool him off.

Stevie was awesome as always.It was funny when she explains how the tunes come about as I look at the faces of Lindsey,Mick and John.

I did take some pix and again lousy videos of the show.Security was great with us with the photo and video taking in my section. Again I leave the video taking to you pros out there with those wonderful video I see on YouTube of this tour.

Here's a couple photos.Not the best in the world but better then nothing.

I will add more later.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

my little Jones Beach video compilation -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-23-2013, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Did anyone record Silver Springs from this show? It was quite monumental!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69 View Post
Did anyone record Silver Springs from this show? It was quite monumental!
I've never been able to find one. But if it ever pops up I'll be sure to post it here for you.