The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What amazes me is that people keep coming to a place that makes them so frustrated and unhappy. If The Ledge is not your cup of tea any longer, that's perfectly understandable and there are probably a lot of other FM sites that will fit your needs more perfectly.

The behavior you're complaining about is not going to stop.

Michele
Old 10-26-2016, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
There are a few things I don't get:

1. Comments about Stevie's weight or appearance.

2. Comments about the band being nothing without Stevie.

3. Comments about Stevie's sex life.

None of these things are really relevant, IMO.

I DO think fans have a right to be pissed and vent their frustrations about their favorite band, however. The prospect of another oldies tour without new music is simply unacceptable.
yup to all of this!

and the biggest complainers about other complainers are the ones that are expressing #2 the loudest, and then wonder why others think they are *haters*.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-26-2016, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think all the personal questions about all band members is not right to ask about .Its none of our business in what they do or did in their life.The same crap comes up in those interviews year after year about who they slept with,Who did who up,How many millions want up their nose and so on.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-26-2016, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
What amazes me is that people keep coming to a place that makes them so frustrated and unhappy. If The Ledge is not your cup of tea any longer, that's perfectly understandable and there are probably a lot of other FM sites that will fit your needs more perfectly.

Michele

But none of those sites have Barry, Rusty nor Alec.

I don't consider this Stevie Hating, maybe sexist but not
hate. A few things about her I just don't understand.

1. Weight.
I know this isn't supposed to be written about but she just
can't seem to lose weight. Yes she's old, short and a list of
other things (excuses). But a person of her means can afford
chefs and personal trainers to make things easier. Much more
so than us commoners. She's forever trapped in the black garb
because of this. A prisoner really.

2. Lost the creative spark.
Why can't she write good songs anymore? Most of the songs
she releases now - if they're any good are from the vault. As
in the past. What happened?

3. STOP IT!
How many times during a performance does she have to fool
with her in-ear monitors? Oh how I wish she'd ditch those
monitors and teleprompters.

I could go on but I've said enough.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

The behavior you're complaining about is not going to stop.

Michele
Yeh I didn't know if maybe I'm just being oversensitive. I stopped by though for the first time in a long time to check out news and it obviously ain't changed lol. Major trouble in one section over religion and politics. Not sorry that I missed it. The behavior of so called 'adults' online amazes me. Figuring that most of us are in middle age. Are we all just old and grumpy or what?

I'm fine not being part of a fan group/community though. I've always enjoyed the music I liked mainly on my own.

I'm not particularly fussed if they do or don't do another album tbh. If they don't there's still other music out there happening. Given their history, I was amazed that they even got back together at all in recent decades. I got to see all five together on a stage again last year, they went all over the world, and that's enough for me.

They still have some musical and personal chemistry onstage. How well that might translate into a studio album though, I have my doubts. It could end up a terribly contrived 'farewell'.

Just my feelings. Each to their own. They are all flawed individuals but in a way that's what makes them interesting together. So it's all good.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
I'm not particularly fussed if they do or don't do another album tbh. If they don't there's still other music out there happening.
the issue for many fans is that they actually DID record a new album. and we are "fussed" and want to hear it. we are clamoring for them to release it.

for some reason there are other fans who somehow construe our wish to hear this new music as SN hate. it's pretty inexplicable but that's their read on it. these fans tend to dump on and diminish buck-mcvie-mcvie-fleetwood lineup and tend to call the fans wanting new music haters.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-27-2016, 01:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Oh man 'Mad Mick' (I say that fondly!) never stops does he? He really puts the band before everything else and will sacrifice anything for it. It's his whole raison d'etre. In the past I suppose he's been the 'glue' that keeps the band together. Like Ringo in the Beatles lol. Personally and musically, they kept the heartbeat going. I've never met him in person, but he comes across as larger than life and must have some charm. His enthusiasm is still very evident and alive all these years later.

I think that being in this band though probably demands a lot of emotional as well as professional commitment. That could probably get very oppressive after awhile.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...cks-new-album/

I can actually see Lindsey and Christine collaborating well together. After her long break, she has a lot of new fresh energy and that seemed to be inspiring the others last year. She and Lindsey were jamming together and having a blast. In the past, Stevie has relied heavily on Lindsey to 'interpret' her ideas because she doesn't have the formal musical knowledge to express what she wants. Lindsey was probably the only member of the band who was able to understandable where she was coming from a lot of the time. But he and Christine both have good knowledge of the 'practical' side of the music so they should be on the same field.

I must admit that Christine is not my favorite member of Fleetwood Mac but I do now have more appreciation of her place in the group.

John - I had serious concerns about by the end of their big world tour. He did not look well. I hope I'm wrong and he's still doing okay.

I knew there were people who don't like Stevie, but it's really taken me aback a little. If she's a bit overweight so what? It's better than being dead from the cocaine. Madonna may spend all day in the gym and have a very restrictive diet. but Stevie's not like that. And I don't understand all the talk about her affairs either and they they're brought up all the time. Apart from how it may have influenced her music. Where I live infidelity is not condoned but I don't think we are that judgmental about it either. It's the other person's business. I can't believe how self righteous some people can be and there seems to be a double standard between judging the man and judging the woman in the situation.

Anyway, wishing everyone in FM and everyone here all the best, probably time for me to step out again.

Last edited by Missy; 10-27-2016 at 01:36 AM..
Old 10-27-2016, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand the hate regarding Stevie's weight at all.
She lost a ton before "The Dance" and never gained it all back.
She will never be a size 1 again, but she looks great.
I personally think she does write good songs still.
I loved IYD and the recent songs she composed for it.
But the weight thing? Blah. Get over it
Old 10-27-2016, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
3. STOP IT!
How many times during a performance does she have to fool
with her in-ear monitors? Oh how I wish she'd ditch those
monitors and teleprompters.
It bothers you that much? The last time I felt this way about someone's habits that annoyed me to no end, I broke up with him.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
the issue for many fans is that they actually DID record a new album. and we are "fussed" and want to hear it. we are clamoring for them to release it.

for some reason there are other fans who somehow construe our wish to hear this new music as SN hate. it's pretty inexplicable but that's their read on it. these fans tend to dump on and diminish buck-mcvie-mcvie-fleetwood lineup and tend to call the fans wanting new music haters.
Yes! What pisses off the die-hard BAND fans (as opposed to being fans of individual members only) is that the music has been written, arranged, recorded, and half an album EXISTS. The band didn't hesitate to whet our appetites with that music 2.5 years ago. And then again after their monstrous tour, and now in various tantalizing comments in the press. So, yes, I do feel the band OWES its fans this music, with or without Stevie. Period. I would not have expected anything from them had they not already publicized and sold its "profundity" to us numerous times in the press. Imagine if Led Zeppelin had done this in 1982? Or if Nirvana fans found out there was unreleased music in vaults with Kirk Cobain on vocals. The fans would go ballistic if they didn't get that music. By comparison, we FM fans have been patient and supportive beyond measure. The rage many of us feel over the exploitation of our desire for new music is real. No amount of saying "the band doesn't owe us anything" is going to get me or others to change our minds.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
It bothers you that much? The last time I felt this way about someone's habits that annoyed me to no end, I broke up with him.
And I never recovered! lol
Old 10-27-2016, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And I never recovered! lol
lol, just look at how many cats I have!

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
lol, just look at how many cats I have!
Oh dear, I just got two kitties last year. Brother and sister from a No Kill shelter.. They are the loves of my life.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Oh dear, I just got two kitties last year. Brother and sister from a No Kill shelter.. They are the loves of my life.
That's wonderful and so good for them that you chose not to separate them.

And not to stray away from the topic, I love Stevie.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
That's wonderful and so good for them that you chose not to separate them.

And not to stray away from the topic, I love Stevie.
I HATE Stevie!! (jk).. keeping on topic...

yeah, the kitties are so good together.. funny when they sleep together and all I see are 4 eyes.. I'm such a cat lady..