The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice to see Mick bring Ruby and Tessa out. I'm always struck by how much one looks like Mick and the other like Lynn.

He mentions the girls' older sister, Amelia. I assume this is Amy?

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 12-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Great show!!!! Same set list of course, but it was really fun to be there on the "last" night of the tour. John looked thinner, but good. After The Chain Stevie said something to the effect of "As you can see, John McVie is here and doing great" so that was a nice beginning to the show. Everyone looked and sounded great, and they seemed happy with each other and glad to be there.

This is the first show I've seen since May, so I'm not sure exactly how the details of the show have evolved, but I'll try to share some things I noticed. First of all, Stevie was very energetic and didn't seem to need a few songs to warm up as I thought she did in May. How long has she been doing a high kick at the end of Second Hand News? Also, I enjoyed Dreams and Rhinannon more last night than I have in ages, and she did these really cool little vocal runs at the end of each of them. She even put a couple of twirls into Rhiannon! Sad Angel was really great and seems like a lot of fun for both them and us.

For Landslide, Stevie came out and pointed out that she was wearing her 25-year-old beige boots. She mentioned that she wore them during the filming of AHS and she had them on for so long that she knew could wear them for a little while on stage. (Later she changed back to the black ones, and I will say that by the end of the night she looked like she couldn't wait to get out of heels of any kind!)

The Without You intro didn't seem quite as meandering as it had been, but I won't even try to re-create it....maybe a recording will show up in the other thread. I think this is where we learned that Lindsey loves the Katy Perry song Roar although right now I can't recall how that came up. I haven't seen any recent versions of GDW, but that one seemed to really have evolved a lot, and the crowd ate it up as her show-stopper.

Most of Lindsey's speeches (introducing the Tusk mini-set and Big Love) were pretty much the standard fare, but he did go off-script for Say Goodbye as people have mentioned. I hope a recording of the intro turns up, but he dedicated it to Stevie (who he pointed to as "this beautiful lady") and told her he loved her. Then he joked that she was mad because he just made it hard for her to do the song with him. And she was weepy through it, but it just made the song that much more powerful, and everyone really loved it.

It's hard to remember since May, but I thought maybe some of the background visuals had been changed for some of the songs.

More details may come to me later, and I'll add them as I think of them.

Great details! Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Good to know...

Quote:
John looked thinner, but good. After The Chain Stevie said something to the effect of "As you can see, John McVie is here and doing great" so that was a nice beginning to the show.
that John is doing great...Sucks that one of my favorite bass players has battled cancer, as is (Possibly) one of my all-time favorite guitar players Dr. Brian May of Queen.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 12-31-2013, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Fantastic quality Say Goodbye has been uploaded, though without Lindsey's dedication/introduction. Anyway, remember to prepare yourself before viewing. It's a tad emotional.... No, really. I wept.
So did I. She looked so sad

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 12-31-2013, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Nice to see Mick bring Ruby and Tessa out. I'm always struck by how much one looks like Mick and the other like Lynn.

He mentions the girls' older sister, Amelia. I assume this is Amy?
It is--I think she goes by Amelia, at least professionally. This is a few yrs old but she used to blog at HuffPost

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amelia-fleetwood

Thanks to all for the recaps, tweets, videos etc...so very happy to see John performing and looking well.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:58 AM
Ledgie

We have audio of the WY intro somewhere but he said something along the lines about dedicating it to a beautiful lady that he's loved since he was 16. And that was when she started crying and it only got worse during the song.

Also Mischa Barton and I had a moment during Stand Back. She was kinda getting into it. She was right by my friends and me.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Great show!!!! Same set list of course, but it was really fun to be there on the "last" night of the tour. John looked thinner, but good. After The Chain Stevie said something to the effect of "As you can see, John McVie is here and doing great" so that was a nice beginning to the show. Everyone looked and sounded great, and they seemed happy with each other and glad to be there.

This is the first show I've seen since May, so I'm not sure exactly how the details of the show have evolved, but I'll try to share some things I noticed. First of all, Stevie was very energetic and didn't seem to need a few songs to warm up as I thought she did in May. How long has she been doing a high kick at the end of Second Hand News? Also, I enjoyed Dreams and Rhinannon more last night than I have in ages, and she did these really cool little vocal runs at the end of each of them. She even put a couple of twirls into Rhiannon! Sad Angel was really great and seems like a lot of fun for both them and us.

For Landslide, Stevie came out and pointed out that she was wearing her 25-year-old beige boots. She mentioned that she wore them during the filming of AHS and she had them on for so long that she knew could wear them for a little while on stage. (Later she changed back to the black ones, and I will say that by the end of the night she looked like she couldn't wait to get out of heels of any kind!)

The Without You intro didn't seem quite as meandering as it had been, but I won't even try to re-create it....maybe a recording will show up in the other thread. I think this is where we learned that Lindsey loves the Katy Perry song Roar although right now I can't recall how that came up. I haven't seen any recent versions of GDW, but that one seemed to really have evolved a lot, and the crowd ate it up as her show-stopper.

Most of Lindsey's speeches (introducing the Tusk mini-set and Big Love) were pretty much the standard fare, but he did go off-script for Say Goodbye as people have mentioned. I hope a recording of the intro turns up, but he dedicated it to Stevie (who he pointed to as "this beautiful lady") and told her he loved her. Then he joked that she was mad because he just made it hard for her to do the song with him. And she was weepy through it, but it just made the song that much more powerful, and everyone really loved it.

It's hard to remember since May, but I thought maybe some of the background visuals had been changed for some of the songs.

More details may come to me later, and I'll add them as I think of them.
Great review, Mike! Thanks for sharing.

I'll bet it's been a quite a long time since Lindsey said something really nice to Stevie onstage. Why else break down like that?
Old 12-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Fantastic quality Say Goodbye has been uploaded, though without Lindsey's dedication/introduction. Anyway, remember to prepare yourself before viewing. It's a tad emotional.... No, really. I wept.

I wept. The wept again. And again. Thanks for sharing and for the heads-up on the emotion of it all.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you Mike. It sounds very special, especially opening with the remark about John and the Say Goodbye intro.

I am upset that Lindsey likes Katy Perry's song though. Is someone forcing you Lindsey? Are you under duress? Is it the 9 year old? She can be put in a foster home you know.

Michele
Old 12-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

TV3, XPose Entertainment Tuesday, 31 December 2013
http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_arti...article=122418

Katy Perry emotional after show

Katy Perry couldn't tweet after seeing Fleetwood Mac live as she was in a state of shock, her boyfriend John Mayer has joked.

Katy Perry was too overcome with emotion to tweet after watching Fleetwood Mac live.

The star and her boyfriend John Mayer had been to see the band perform in Las Vegas, where Stevie Nicks dedicated famous song Landslide to Katy and John.

After the show, John logged on to Katy's Twitter account to tell her fans about the evening.

"John here. Katy can't write because she's getting over Stevie Nicks dedicating Landslide to us at the Fleetwood Mac concert. Unforgettable.

"While I'm at it I have a couple things I'd like to get off my-oh, she's motioning for the phone back. Gotta go!! -JM (sic)" he posted to her 49million followers.

Fleetwood Mac took to the stage at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas in their first performance since founding band member John McVie announced he was to undergo treatment for cancer.

Katy has made no secret of her love and admiration for Stevie in the past.

She revealed earlier this year that Katy's track Roar was her favourite song of the moment, which prompted the 29-year-old to respond with an equally glowing compliment.

"She is a beautiful woman," Katy told SiriusXM. "She just has so many little nuggets of wisdom and sees straight through my soul.

"And she's very kind, and a sweet woman... I'm so honoured that she would make time for me. But I like hearing what people who have gone before me have to say about all this stuff."
Old 12-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
And did I hear right, that she apologized for crying during the song, while fiddling with her mike ribbons - so sweet - and i loved the curl of a smile (finally!) when she said they would be back next year-
Back next year. That's heartening.

Michele
Old 12-31-2013, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Landslide by twinvegas

Old 12-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Back next year. That's heartening.

Michele
Yet in a brand new interview, Stevie said she has "no idea" what she's doing next year.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie3466 View Post
We have audio of the WY intro somewhere but he said something along the lines about dedicating it to a beautiful lady that he's loved since he was 16.
His mom?

Michele
Old 12-31-2013, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't wait to see if a clip of Mick's band intro surfaces. I wonder if he said something different about John, this time.

Michele