Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:41 AM
Ledgie

Default General Info/Questions Regarding The Dance

There are a few questions I've had recently regarding The Dance; specifically the two (or three???) shows used for the CD/DVD.

1) The setlists differ from CD to DVD, so which, if either, is accurate? Or were the songs performed in the order represented during the "public" tour (i.e. Sweet Girl, Rhiannon, and Tusk are out of place and Stand Back, Oh Daddy, Not That Funny, Second Hand News/Eyes Of The World, and Farmer's Daughter are absent). Which leads me to...

2) If said missing songs were in fact performed was SHN performed or was EOTW performed? Or perhaps both were performed.

3) Overdubs: are there any/where are they?

If this info is not availible that's totally fine, these questions are just on my mind every time I watch the DVD.

Also if anyone has more questions to contribute they are welcome.

And finally if these are stupid questions please go easy on me I'm still kind of a noob.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramattack22 View Post
There are a few questions I've had recently regarding The Dance; specifically the two (or three???) shows used for the CD/DVD.

1) The setlists differ from CD to DVD, so which, if either, is accurate? Or were the songs performed in the order represented during the "public" tour (i.e. Sweet Girl, Rhiannon, and Tusk are out of place and Stand Back, Oh Daddy, Not That Funny, Second Hand News/Eyes Of The World, and Farmer's Daughter are absent). Which leads me to...

2) If said missing songs were in fact performed was SHN performed or was EOTW performed? Or perhaps both were performed.

3) Overdubs: are there any/where are they?

If this info is not availible that's totally fine, these questions are just on my mind every time I watch the DVD.

Also if anyone has more questions to contribute they are welcome.

And finally if these are stupid questions please go easy on me I'm still kind of a noob.

Thanks
Well, I know that the opening night shows set list was exactly as what is on the DVD. Im pretty sure the ordering on the DVD matches what they played. I don't think the other songs (Stand Back, Eyes of the Word, Oh Daddy...ect) were added until the tour.

As for overdubs, Im not quite sure myself. Ive read and been told it was a live vocal, but I also heard there were dubbs?
Old 06-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The DVD is full show that was performed. The CD is just an edited version of the DVD due to time contraints (the whole DVD wouldn't fit on a single CD). The other songs that were done during the tour were added for the the tour. Once the songs were added to the set for the tour that's how it stayed for the duration. The only change was at the opening night in Hartford (I was there) they did "Eyes Of The World" this was dropped the following night and replaced with "Second Hand News".
As for overdubs there were probably some although it's not listed anywhere that I know of. The album was recorded in May of 1997, released in August of '97 and the tour started in September. For Fleetwood Mac this is VERY fast. So if there were any overdubs, I don't imagine there was much.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They also closed the show every night with "Farmer's Daughter" including opening night, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, the only thing that changed from opening night was "Eyes Of The World" being switched out. It was the entire "The Dance" DVD plus the five or six additional songs. Even the speeches you hear on The Dance were recited each night. Those around me thought I was psychic because I was able to recite them along with Lindsey. The whole "isn't that weird!" thing etc.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Ledgie

I don't suppose there's a recording of the CT show is there? Would be great to hear EOTW from that era.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuncles View Post
Yeah, the only thing that changed from opening night was "Eyes Of The World" being switched out. It was the entire "The Dance" DVD plus the five or six additional songs. Even the speeches you hear on The Dance were recited each night. Those around me thought I was psychic because I was able to recite them along with Lindsey. The whole "isn't that weird!" thing etc.
These days Lindsey is saying he believes in the power of change, but I sometimes have a wicked urge to yell out "CYCLES" to him and see how he responds.

Michele