User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2003, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Jeremy Spencer solo

Hi,

What happened to the Jeremy Spencer studio album that was supposed to be released after the "In Concert" live album from India in 1998? In my copy of the India album it says that it was cancelled because no record company was willing to do it.

But I don't believe that is the reason!

The record companies should know that there are LOTS of fans out there who are willing to buy. Not quite as many as when it comes to for example Peter Green or Syd Barrett. But still...

I have just ordered the "Jeremy Spencer And The Children" LP from 1972. Can't wait to hear it, although I know that I might be disappointed.

Daniel
Old 11-03-2003, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Hmm, my "India" CD doesn't say anything about the "soon to come" studio album, thanks for letting us know about it though. I agree with you though that the labels need to wake up about this stuff but whatever...

I really enjoy the "JS & The children" album I think mainly due to most reviews panning it so much that I wasnt expecting anything great and sure, it's not the best album ever made but I find it very enjoyable.

John
Old 11-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Ledgie

Hi guys, new here, but old, old Mac lover. I had the Jeremy and the Children on lp and regret selling it to a collector to this day.
If you can get over the lyrics, it has a very Kiln House vibe and Jeremy's playing is excellent. Where can I get the cd? Tom
Old 11-03-2003, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Hi and welcome

Yeah, I meant to say that earlier as well, I'm not big on the words but I like the music. Tracks like "I believe in Jesus" reminds of "One together" or something like that. I think of the album as sounding a little more Jefferson Airplane styled generally but whatever, it's great that there's people here that do appreciate these kinds of albums that apparently went over the heads of the general music critics back then.

As far as I know, the "JS & The Children" album has never been released on CD. You should be able to find a vinyl copy of it at gemm.com though so I hope that helps in the meantime.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 11-03-2003 at 01:03 PM..
Old 11-03-2003, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't seem to find the lyrical content of JS & The Children as overboardly religious as I did 31 years ago (maybe due to more mainstream songs in the meantime having similar if not even MORE blatant religious overtones). There's more ambiguity in the lyrics than I remember there being.

My fave songs:

Can Your Hear The Song?
Let's Get On The Ball
War Horse
Joan Of Arc
Beauty For Ashes
The World In Her Heart

I agree, there's a real Jefferson Airplane vibe throughout (musically)...although, "Can You Hear The Song" sounds very Beatle-ish (probably due to Jeremy's "borrowing" of the melody line from "Help")...and "Let's Get On The Ball", which sounds like the then current Fleetwood Mac...I could hear it being on Future Games without a hitch.

Last edited by chiliD; 11-06-2003 at 12:55 PM..
Old 11-05-2003, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Thanks for the info,
I'm looking forward to hear the LP!

About the notes in the "India" CD.. it's an unofficial 2CD with some extra live tracks. It is written in terrible English

The Heart To Heart homepage (jeremyspencer.com) hasn't been updated since 2000. Then you could order the official "India" CD, and also the video, I think. Has anybody ever seen the video?

Daniel
Old 11-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

I've never seen it but I'd love to get it along with the 2 CD version of the India album.

PLEASE DO let me know if you ever come across either of these and we'll work out a trade or something OK?

John
Old 11-14-2003, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Jepp,

I got the unofficial 2CD.
And I'm into a trade anytime

Daniel
Old 04-04-2016, 03:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hey you guys!

After years of searching I just came across a CD of "In Concert" -- it kinda seems legit and kinda seems like a bootleg.

The CD is a real silver CD and the artwork is on good card stock -- but there's no bar code or UPC number. Does anyone have this CD to compare notes??