Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick on festivals, Italy and interesting places

Monday 16th September 2013 by Andrew Trendell | Photos by WENN.com

Tags: Fleetwood Mac

FLEETWOOD MAC: 'WE'D LOVE TO PLAY GLASTONBURY'

Interview: We talk to rock icons about festival plans for next year

Fleetwood Mac have revealed that they hope to play Glastonbury in 2014, after being asked to play the festival this year but having to decline. Watch our video interview with drummer Mick Fleetwood above.

The rock icons are currently on a critically acclaimed world tour that reaches the UK at the end of the month. Fleetwood Mac are also strongly rumoured to be headlining Glasto 2014 alongside Depeche Mode, after festival boss Michael Eavis stated that next year's bill-toppers had 'never played the festival before'.

Speaking to Gigwise at the London premiere of frontwoman Stevie Nicks' new movie documentary about her new solo album, In Your Dreams, we asked drummer Mick Fleetwood if the band had any plans to play festivals next summer. "I hope so, I would love that," he said. "This has been a tough year on the road, but having said that, the boys in the band are hoping that our lady will think kindly about doing a few of the festivals."

He continued: "We've been thinking of doing some more work in interesting places. On this tour we didn't play in Italy, but Stevie said 'ah, I'd like to play in Italy' and I said 'well, maybe we can', so we were joking about that. "We were asked to do some lovely festivals this year and it didn't work out. Once you do the festivals then you can't really do a tour of the other towns. We were asked to do Glastonbury this year and hopefully they'll ask us again."

When asked about the possibility of playing Glastonbury 2014, Fleetwood replied: "I don't know - they've probably got fed up of asking us!" Stevie Nicks' In Your Dreams will be released on DVD in November. The 4CD box set ‘Fleetwood Mac: 25 Years – The Chain’ is out now.

- Check back soon for more of our interview with Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks

Read more at http://www.gigwise.com/news/84224/fl...dI52EgbjUCy.99

[there's a video interview with Mick at the site]

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"