User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
There was a guy at Circuit City (ugh) that looked exactly like Brandon Flowers today. I did a double take.
OMG - I was at Circuit City today too - Lord Child if you had been at the one here . . .

Old 01-22-2005, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8472
The Killers - Mr. Brightside

Frou Frou - Let Go
Frou Frou - Hear Me Out
George Harrison - I've Got My Mind Set On You

(trust me, I know how weird my playlist is too )
Old 01-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There was a guy at Circuit City (ugh) that looked exactly like Brandon Flowers today. I did a double take.
What were you doing there
Old 01-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
OMG - I was at Circuit City today too - Lord Child if you had been at the one here . . .

If only you had been at the one HERE. I caused quite the commotion.

They were having a promotion where if you signed up for a Circuit City credit card, you would get a free CD or DVD of your choice. I filled it out and got my coupon to go pick something out and found the DualDisc CD/DVD for David Bowie's "Reality." I bring it up to the counter along with everything else that I was getting and when the chick scans it in, she says "I can't sell this to you, it's illegal." I asked her to elaborate and she screamed "I just can't. IT'S ILLEGAL!" So I screamed for the f*cking manager.

She finally shows up and tells me the same thing "It's illegal." I ask what is goddamned illegal about selling me a CD and she wouldn't answer me. I caterwauled long enough for her to FINALLY spit out that it isn't released until February 8th and that it was on the floor by mistake. Why the hell couldn't they have simply told me that to begin with instead of screaming "ILLEGAL" for ten minutes?

Old 01-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

They were having a promotion where if you signed up for a Circuit City credit card, you would get a free CD or DVD of your choice. I filled it out and got my coupon to go pick something out and found the DualDisc CD/DVD for David Bowie's "Reality." I bring it up to the counter along with everything else that I was getting and when the chick scans it in, she says "I can't sell this to you, it's illegal." I asked her to elaborate and she screamed "I just can't. IT'S ILLEGAL!" So I screamed for the f*cking manager.

She finally shows up and tells me the same thing "It's illegal." I ask what is goddamned illegal about selling me a CD and she wouldn't answer me. I caterwauled long enough for her to FINALLY spit out that it isn't released until February 8th and that it was on the floor by mistake. Why the hell couldn't they have simply told me that to begin with instead of screaming "ILLEGAL" for ten minutes?

"Age is just a number... The rest is just a state of mind."
Old 01-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh.My.God. I wish I was there
Old 01-22-2005, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh.My.God. I wish I was there
I was ready to tell her to get the cuffs ready because they were going sell me the blasted thing.

Old 01-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

ooooooo - someone put egg on CC's face That was just silly. She should have said look come back on 2/8 and pick it up or chose something else. I actually am surprised she noticed as CC has so many employees and they work in diff. depts. Also, how many were out for sale. That poor girl if she had other episodes

Mine was uneventful!

My BELOVED Harmon Kardon PC speakers have a short and I am looking to replace them. I do not want a subwoofer - I want only a two peice system as I take them with me when I travel on long trips. Most of the two peice stuff sucks
Old 01-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ooooooo - someone put egg on CC's face That was just silly. She should have said look come back on 2/8 and pick it up or chose something else. I actually am surprised she noticed as CC has so many employees and they work in diff. depts. Also, how many were out for sale. That poor girl if she had other episodes

Mine was uneventful!

My BELOVED Harmon Kardon PC speakers have a short and I am looking to replace them. I do not want a subwoofer - I want only a two peice system as I take them with me when I travel on long trips. Most of the two peice stuff sucks
I only saw one, which is why I snatched it up. I love DualDiscs, they rawk. But between that mess and all my price matching, I was at the customer service counter for almost half an hour.

I have cheap Altec Lansing speakers. I'm easily pleased, I suppose.

Old 01-22-2005, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yay, acoustic playlist.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Even the Losers [acoustic]
The Pretenders - Back on the Chain Gang [acoustic]
No Doubt - Excuse Me Mr. [acoustic]
Nirvana - About a Girl [acoustic]
Fleetwood Mac - Landslide [acoustic
Staind - Black [acoustic Pearl Jam Cover]
Neil Young - Into the Black [acoustic]
U2 - All I Want is You [acoustic]
Old 01-22-2005, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I only saw one, which is why I snatched it up. I love DualDiscs, they rawk. But between that mess and all my price matching, I was at the customer service counter for almost half an hour.

I have cheap Altec Lansing speakers. I'm easily pleased, I suppose.
well, I saw these for $29 and they are Altec Lansing. I bought the Logitech ones instead and the sound was okay but not great. So, I am returning them tommorow and gettingthe AL's instead. These are the AL's

http://reviews.cnet.com/Altec_Lansin...-30856221.html

I would not mind these Bose ones

http://reviews.cnet.com/Bose_Compani...-31202329.html

but $99 is comparatively too much IMO.

I would like to repair the HK's - but am unsure how. They came with my Dell, which I got in like 1997. I love them
Old 01-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok....what song should I D/L? I'm bored...
Old 01-22-2005, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ok....what song should I D/L? I'm bored...
http://www.tikilab.com/concert_hall/...eborah%20Harry

I'd go with Whip It first and foremost.

Old 01-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well, I saw these for $29 and they are Altec Lansing. I bought the Logitech ones instead and the sound was okay but not great. So, I am returning them tommorow and gettingthe AL's instead. These are the AL's

http://reviews.cnet.com/Altec_Lansin...-30856221.html

I would not mind these Bose ones

http://reviews.cnet.com/Bose_Compani...-31202329.html

but $99 is comparatively too much IMO.

I would like to repair the HK's - but am unsure how. They came with my Dell, which I got in like 1997. I love them
The ones that I have sound great. I got them two years ago, I believe, and they've held up incredibly. Go with the Altec Lansing, I would. $99 is too much for PC speakers, IMO.

Old 01-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
http://www.tikilab.com/concert_hall/...eborah%20Harry

I'd go with Whip It first and foremost.
Is it mp3, bit torrent, or what? And is it a show, or randomness?