User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-29-2009, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
Yup, and there are strange looking eyes glowing from the bushes. Speaking of the album cover, I always hated it.
i agree, the only rumours line up one not to have people on it
Old 12-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristochango View Post
i agree, the only rumours line up one not to have people on it
Tusk? Does the guy's foot count?
Old 12-29-2009, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Tusk? Does the guy's foot count?
damn.
i forgot about that one. haha.

I think it was the art of it that i didnt like.
tusk was a picture
Old 12-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think a lot of time and effort went into making that cover. To me it took more than them simply posing for a picture or something. That cover was no doubt a lot of work. I thought it was beautiful. I guess we all like different things. For most people if they had a big painting of that hanging in their house, it would no doubt be a conversation piece. Not to mention pretty.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned this yet! A trustworthy Wikipedia excerpt reveals...
"The cover art for the album was a painting by Australian artist Brett-Livingstone Strong which was hanging in Buckingham's home, a homage to the 19th Century French painter Henri Rousseau, emulating his colourful jungle theme works such as The Snake Charmer and The Repast of the Lion."
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 12-29-2009, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned this yet! A trustworthy Wikipedia excerpt reveals...
"The cover art for the album was a painting by Australian artist Brett-Livingstone Strong which was hanging in Buckingham's home, a homage to the 19th Century French painter Henri Rousseau, emulating his colourful jungle theme works such as The Snake Charmer and The Repast of the Lion."
I didn't realize Lindsey actually owned the painting. I did know it wasn't commissioned for the album, and was sort of an homage to Rousseau. I wonder if Lindsey still has the painting??
Old 12-29-2009, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the only album where Christine's songs totally astound me ("Isn't It Midnight" is magic) and Stevie's tracks seriously depress me.

But seriously.... "Isn't It Midnight" is one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs ever and I can't even tell you why. I just love Tango in the Night for completely different reasons than those I have for my love of the other FM albums... its refreshing in that sense.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
This is the only album where Christine's songs totally astound me ("Isn't It Midnight" is magic) and Stevie's tracks seriously depress me.

But seriously.... "Isn't It Midnight" is one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs ever and I can't even tell you why. I just love Tango in the Night for completely different reasons than those I have for my love of the other FM albums... its refreshing in that sense.

What a magnificent song, and the live versions are amazing too.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I didn't realize Lindsey actually owned the painting. I did know it wasn't commissioned for the album, and was sort of an homage to Rousseau. I wonder if Lindsey still has the painting??
I'm sure - along with all the other few hundreds his wife so magnificently grouped together behind the sofa...

Love the painting though.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
I love TITN. And Stevie looked so beautiful in the Little Lies video. The whole countryside and barns and fields were artistic imagery I thought. We'll probably never see Stevie in such settings again. I absolutely love the album cover painting. I was thinking a while back what I'd have painted if I ever decided on one whole wall mural, and THAT would probably be it! I just think it's beautiful for some reason and tells a story if you look hard enough.
I have also thought of having a mural painted in this style! While I would have preferred a group photo for the album, this cover was a beautiful choice. I agree that Stevie looked beautiful in the Little Lies video. I have to say though that I always hated the dress she wore in the Big Love video!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love TITN. I just think it's beautiful for some reason and tells a story if you look hard enough.
I am interested in your version of the story that it tells?
Old 12-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, does ANYBODY besides me like "Welcome To The Room... Sara" and "When I See You Again"???? I mean, really, really love those songs? I loved both from the first time I heard them. I really think I'm the only one on the planet! By the time the second chorus comes around in "Welcome..." (the one where she sings "Sara" twice), tears are welling up in my eyes. Same thing with the "will your very best friend... ooo have been replaced by some other" line in "When".
Old 12-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's what I've always thought it was. And the weird rings around the setting sun/moon or whatever is cool. And what look like little eyes peering in the bushes and stuff. I thought the cover went well with the album title and song. I like when they put entire efforts into their albums and music right down to the cover art. Some people might not care or pay any attention to covers and stuff and just rip open the album or cd, but I like the whole package deal, especially when it comes to a Stevie or Mac album. I'm picky
The outside references that they use make me see them in little things that have no direct connection to the band. It makes FM's appeal seem all the more intrinsic and universal.

I have a modern interpretation of Matisse's picture on the wall right at the entrance to my house. It's black, gold and silver. Five figures that are more geometrical than human, cavorting around in acrobatic poses. I never would have been drawn to the picture if not for The Dance cover. Likewise, Say You Will made me want to get a print of the Double Suicide poster. I couldn't find one, so I just made my own from the movie DVD cover. I like being able to see them and what I think they represent to each other in outside things.

Michele
Old 12-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=seekerj;862452]OK, does ANYBODY besides me like "Welcome To The Room... Sara" and "When I See You Again"???? I mean, really, really love those songs? QUOTE]

I like them! Hated them first few listens though.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well...hope I can still comment here even 'if' I'm not giving any love to Tango.....sorry, this LP/cd just doesn't do it for me at all. From the cover to most of the songs. Not that I don't mind some of them. I guess its just all the techno stuff....plus Stevie's lack of full involvement or in the way she couldn't for all that she was going through at the time. Or how the band wouldn't allow her the opportunity etc. Its not there for me same way that RAL/ isn't there for me in Stevie's solo stuff. I do like some songs : Mystified/Caroline/Tango In The Night/Welcome To The Room...Sara/ ....I don't care for all the extended versions except maybe the Little Lies with Stevie's ending lines put in. It's just too much techno involved & personally I like more lyrics than music.....I think the song gets 'lost' sometimes when its so long...but that's only IMO.....no offence. I'd say yes its cohesive in one way & not in another. Its more a Lindsey & Christine LP than a full band lp even thought yes Stevie is present.....but it doesn't sound like she was welcomed which is sad....would it have been that way if say it had been Lindsey/Christine/John/Mick??(getting treatment that is?)... I wonder.....Not that I'm making excuses for Stevie.....she did have problems but at least she was getting the help she needed than.....To me they ...the 'band' should've aloud her to re-record 7Wonders with the correct lyrics....personally...I like the outtake of When I See You Again with Lindsey at the end. I think its better....but what do I know I'm only a fan......anyway, hope you don't mind my opinion even though its no 'love' for Tango.....but we all like what we like & its ok...it's all good.....I don't hate it but I just don't love it.....heck I haven't listend to it in sometime now or Mask either......Tusk is probably my favorite of the Mac LP's/cds.......like I said it's all good............
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."