User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I've heard Mick say that Lindsey looked good, but not when he first saw him listening to Frozen Love. I recall him making that remark after they met LB and Stevie. Mick said you don't want someone with an ugly mug up there fronting your band, which I found amusing.
i thought i read that in Mick's book, but i might not remember it right. same as you i found that amusing... but also realistic. Mick is not afraid to say what he thinks and i like that about him. of course so many people feel the need to jump on him (for not holding back about caring about the money, for example).

i always tried to imagine how LB looked at the time for Mick to come to that conclusion. (since i personally don't like lindsey's white album/rumours era look... but i guess when you see him up close he has always been and still is extremely handsome man).

on a different but related note, and that may be my personal bias, i can't help but have tons of respect for entertainers who succeed despite not looking too hot, since you know that those people had to be so much more talented and persistent to make it through than pretty people.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

i always tried to imagine how LB looked at the time for Mick to come to that conclusion.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
thanks! Mick has weird taste in men

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

i always tried to imagine how LB looked at the time for Mick to come to that conclusion. (since i personally don't like lindsey's white album/rumours era look... but i guess when you see him up close he has always been and still is extremely handsome man).

on a different but related note, and that may be my personal bias, i can't help but have tons of respect for entertainers who succeed despite not looking too hot, since you know that those people had to be so much more talented and persistent to make it through than pretty people.
I don't find Lindsey attractive with the big hair, mustache and beard. But like you say if you saw him in person back then, maybe it was obvious that he was good looking. It's not apparent to me from the pictures, but it was a different era. If all men looked that way (and they did), it altered the perception of what was handsome. Frankly, I'll see old pictures of all of those guys, Richard, Ken, Keith, etc. and it's hard for me to say that any of them look better than the other. Once Lindsey got his haircut though

As far as what you're saying, I think I'm going to see Star Trek this afternoon, but what I haven't liked beforehand is all the talk about how good-looking Benedict Cumberbatch is. I love him in Sherlock because he's not particularly good-looking, to me. He's rather weird and unusual looking. But his magnetism comes from within. Now, people are talking about him like he's an ordinary "hunk" and to me that's kind of distancing.

Michele
Old 05-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick is not afraid to say what he thinks and i like that about him. of course so many people feel the need to jump on him (for not holding back about caring about the money, for example).
I don't mind Mick being mercenary, but I mind the times that I think he's been a backstabber. But I like the way he's held people together and his tolerance.

Michele
Old 05-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
yeah i enjoyed that clip of the documentary, how they had a guy with curly haired wig impersonating lindsey walking into studio A. it was kinda funny they felt the need to reenact the scene.
I love that part too, but I remember it being a cut-out of a photo of him that they kind of used as a paper doll. It was adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1
For this article, Lindsey should have pointed out that he was in the I Love L. A. video too. Proof of his local passion.
I didn't know that! Now I have to go find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1
As far as what you're saying, I think I'm going to see Star Trek this afternoon, but what I haven't liked beforehand is all the talk about how good-looking Benedict Cumberbatch is. I love him in Sherlock because he's not particularly good-looking, to me. He's rather weird and unusual looking. But his magnetism comes from within. Now, people are talking about him like he's an ordinary "hunk" and to me that's kind of distancing.
I think he must have worked out for the role. I won't give any spoilers, but the character calls for him to be a bit more muscular than in Sherlock (one of my very favorite shows). Regardless, I still don't consider him a "hunk."

Old 05-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

I didn't know that! Now I have to go find it.
He and Christine. Michele
Old 06-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yummy! No wonder Stevie was so jealous of that guitar at the time...
Old 06-05-2013, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

See, Lindsey with the fro and beard just does it for me. I just think that was probably his most interesting look, even though I have found him more attractive with other looks. I think it's the combination of that 1970's style, his gorgeous eyes and hair, and just that attitude and the way he carried himself.

His style was soooooo much more interesting/unique then as well.

But I love all Lindseys, are you kidding?

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 06-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
See, Lindsey with the fro and beard just does it for me. I just think that was probably his most interesting look, even though I have found him more attractive with other looks. I think it's the combination of that 1970's style, his gorgeous eyes and hair, and just that attitude and the way he carried himself.

His style was soooooo much more interesting/unique then as well.

But I love all Lindseys, are you kidding?
I'm right there with you on this!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm partial to fro/bearded Lindsey as well. His hair was beautiful and I feel like it really brought out his eyes.

However, I still find him attractive with short hair and everything in between.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nico!! you know i love you and your taste, but you disappoint me with your partiality towards fro/beard LB.

can't stand that period. his eyes don't pop during that time, you can't even see them buried in all that facial hair!

Old 06-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nico!! you know i love you and your taste, but you disappoint me with your partiality towards fro/beard LB.

can't stand that period. his eyes don't pop during that time, you can't even see them buried in all that facial hair!
It's funny because I find it the exact opposite. The contrast of his dark facial hair with his blue eyes makes them really stand out - especially when he wore eyeliner.

Just look at the footage from the '78 Grammy's.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's funny because I find it the exact opposite. The contrast of his dark facial hair with his blue eyes makes them really stand out - especially when he wore eyeliner.

Just look at the footage from the '78 Grammy's.
oh i've seen it. he looked like some weird bird!

Old 06-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
oh i've seen it. he looked like some weird bird!
I agree with you. I don't see his personality with all the hair and he looks interchangeable with all the other men of that day.

I don't think his eyes pop at all during that phase, although I will concede that I am usually not looking at sharp, color pictures. The ones we have that are of high quality do show a rather startling contrast between his bright eyes and dark hair and that's attractive, but generally: no.

With the hair gone, I like to read his emotions through his countenance. I love the way his cheeks tauten or relax, expressing humor, or derision or a flash of anger, showing that he's in a zone. I like to see his lips compress or widen in a smile. The hair obscures so much of that for me. It's like looking at him through a veil.

Also, it doesn't look clean to me. It may have been, probably was. I don't know. But it does not look clean or appealing to me. I see him more in the high school photos before he grew the hair than I do when he became a hippie.

Stevie goes on about how beautiful he was and I just think, "How in the world would you know?" Carol says Christine and Stevie were mad when he came in with a haircut, I would have been enraptured. It would be like my blindness had been cured and I was looking at him for the first time. If Carol Ann was really responsible for that, I would have kised her.

Michele