User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Why? Nothing too dramatically different happened from show to show that tour either. I would like a nice clean copy of a complete show from that tour, just to get the tunes that were left off the official DVD. But just 1 show, not all of them.
For me, just watching any interaction between the 3 songwriters and John too (I don't get terribly excited about Mick touching or gazing at people) is magical. Many times when I mark my Dance boots, I label them by what the members did when they were taking their last bow and in what order they did it. That's often how I tell one show from another in my descriptions. As for the song audio, one show is pretty much like another for me, so I never think that a song performance is especially good (well, I do think the RRHOF version of SYLM is beyond beautiful) and I don't compare that. That's all a haze to me. One show blends into another audio wise.

But I like to hear the different things the members say when they talk and I like to see them exchanging moments with each other. I don't care how mundane it is. What are Lindsey and Christine going to do during Stand Back. Has Christine really stopped hugging everyone at the end? Why? How far is Lindsey going to cross the stage towards Stevie for Silver Springs (which was way more exciting on tour than it was on the DVD, for me). What's Lindsey going to do to the 3 of them for GYOW. Oh, why did they take that part out of NTF? That's what I liked best!

I liked watching the Dance tour change over time and wish I could have seen every single one of them.

As for the SYW tour, I loved it. I'm into Stevie and Lindsey. I'm from Michigan. I'm still upset that I didn't see the tour end there. I feel I betrayed myself and my hometown. But it was a Tuesday night and I couldn't get there. I loved it toward the end when Lindsey's dedications became emotional. I'm glad I was there for Reno and Madison. Even so, overall, I don't have a particular yearning to have more of those shows than I already do.

The Dance though, I regret it on a weekly basis. I am not into CDs, but I would pay a great deal of money for videos. $100 per show, at least.

Michele
Old 02-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The Dance though, I regret it on a weekly basis. I am not into CDs, but I would pay a great deal of money for videos. $100 per show, at least.
How much for a video of the Mac at Oakland Coliseum (Day On The Green) on May 7, 1977?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
How much for a video of the Mac at Oakland Coliseum (Day On The Green) on May 7, 1977?
Is there audio, or is it the silent version? Or was the vid sans audio another show?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What are the chances that someone at the label will put one of those old Fleetwood Mac concerts on one of the CDs in the new box set?
I read in a recent article that the dvd would include "never before seen" footage from the Rumours era. So that could really only mean, I guess, three things, a concert, recording session or just stupid stuff of them goofing around. Probably the latter

Old 02-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is there audio, or is it the silent version? Or was the vid sans audio another show?
No, no, I'm talking about a (hypothetical) professional film of the show, not the home footage taken by wanky lady in audience.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A live show from the Tusk Tour is what's needed. When Lindsey was clearly trying to upstage Stevie.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
A live show from the Tusk Tour is what's needed. When Lindsey was clearly trying to upstage Stevie.
For real! I would love to see that. What's so funny is that now Stevie tries to upstage Stevie... if that makes sense...
Old 02-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
Amen. All things considered it was probably the band's best tour, from a fan's point of view.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodguy79 View Post
Amen. All things considered it was probably the band's best tour, from a fan's point of view.
I think it was probably my favorite from the point of view of sound & style. But I liked the others, too, for various reasons.

Also worth remembering that 1st- & 2nd-leg Tusk shows differed in several substantial stylistic & sonic ways from final-leg shows.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I think it was probably my favorite from the point of view of sound & style. But I liked the others, too, for various reasons.

Also worth remembering that 1st- & 2nd-leg Tusk shows differed in several substantial stylistic & sonic ways from final-leg shows.

David or anyone, can you elaborate on this?

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel like from 78 through the Tusk tour Stevie was on something else than cocaine. She wasn't as energized as the Bella Donna or Mirage Tours. Great example is the Japan 77 show. Theres a lot of times in that show where shes just completely dazed out and standing there looking really out of it.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why? Nothing too dramatically different happened from show to show that tour either. I would like a nice clean copy of a complete show from that tour, just to get the tunes that were left off the official DVD.
What songs were left off?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sttimelongtime View Post
David or anyone, can you elaborate on this?

Thanks!
He's exactly right - everything from the band's visual style to the overall sound of the band. Mid-1980 things took a slight turn to the left, right after the Richfield, OH shows the band just started to sound a little, well, different. Not in a bad way either, to me they started sounding more "pop" and less raw and dramatic as they had the previous few years.

I know that Lindsey's guitar sound changed dramatically. The homemade fuzz box that he had been using for over 5+ years with the band finally took a crap (used to be an article on The Penguin which explained it a little better) and he took a different approach to his guitar sound. In my opinion that changed the way the whole band sounded, and to this day, they haven't returned to that style.

Of course this post is worthless without some songs for comparison, so I'll work on getting a couple examples posted up for you!
Old 02-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I feel like from 78 through the Tusk tour Stevie was on something else than cocaine. She wasn't as energized as the Bella Donna or Mirage Tours. Great example is the Japan 77 show. Theres a lot of times in that show where shes just completely dazed out and standing there looking really out of it.

Yup. Her demeanor during the Sara performance from the Tusk doc is very lathargic. And her eyes are soooooo classy. My gues is pot.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfontherun View Post
Yup. Her demeanor during the Sara performance from the Tusk doc is very lathargic. And her eyes are soooooo classy. My gues is pot.
Could've been alcohol, also ludes were very popular at that time.